ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image for more information
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RIP Brian... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
3rd July 2006 02:06 AM
LadyJane July 3rd has ALWAYS been a sad day for me.

Nice header Voodoo.

Stu, Bill and Charlie were there. Never quite understood the absence of the Twins but I understand....I guess.

RIP Brian..thank you.

LJ
[Edited by LadyJane]
3rd July 2006 02:12 AM
Altamont Time to spin Aftermath
3rd July 2006 02:22 AM
pdog The man who started it all, and then lost it all!

At least you didn't have to witness what's going on right now with your band!
3rd July 2006 04:02 AM
FotiniD RIP Brian. Hopefully there's some sort of meaning in it all and you're somewhere feeling better.

I know he wasn't exactly an easy one to get along, but I do get the feeling he was treated rather badly and was the first Stones casualty.

It's bad how people mess their lives up, damn it. He had it all: the best band in the world, the looks, the fame, the fans, all the things money could buy him... It's really sad.

And I do hope that someday there'll be more light in all those conspiracy theories and we may get to know for real if Brian died accidentaly or was murdered.

quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Stu, Bill and Charlie were there. Never quite understood the absence of the Twins but I understand....I guess.

Well, one can think of many good and bad reasons, but I think this sums it up pretty nice:

"Aint flinging tears out on the dusty ground
For all my friends out on the burial ground
Can't stand the feeling getting so brought down..."
3rd July 2006 04:37 AM
Gazza RIP Brian and thanks for giving us this great band
3rd July 2006 07:33 AM
glencar It was a sad old day...
3rd July 2006 07:35 AM
Nellcote Thanks for the music.
We move on, The Stones did.
3rd July 2006 07:50 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Nice header Voodoo. Stu, Bill and Charlie were there.

3rd July 2006 08:28 AM
Maxlugar Thanks Brian. You were a true genius. A prodigy!

You are missed.

3rd July 2006 09:51 AM
Bitch The header is a beautiful tribute to Brian, he was such a great looking guy and posessed a variety of talents! He went too soon, but when your number's up, it's up and nothing can change a person's fate. I believe our birth and death dates are out of anyone's control. Accident or murder it doesn't really matter.

I have never seen the footage of his funeral before, it's quite chilling to watch. Did MICK and KEEF actually skip the funeral or were they omitted from the footage? I find it unbelieveablle that they wouldn't show up. Is this true?
3rd July 2006 10:02 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Did MICK and KEEF actually skip the funeral or were they omitted from the footage? I find it unbelieveablle that they wouldn't show up. Is this true?

They didn't show up
3rd July 2006 10:05 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This is the portion of 25x5 The Continuing Story Of The Rolling Stones about Brian's funeral, this one has the original sound and comments:

3rd July 2006 10:09 AM
jb Thanks Stewed and Keef for keeping this thing going everyday...you are a great man.
3rd July 2006 10:12 AM
Twostoned
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

They didn't show up

Thanks, Voodoo, for the header. RIP Brian. A pure, to the core, genius musician. Didn't Mick and Marianne have to be in Australia for Ned Kelly? I can understand why Anita and Keith didn't attend. They did have their day at Hyde Park.
3rd July 2006 10:17 AM
star star from Through the Past Darkly Volume 2;
"When this you see, remember me
and bear me in your mind
Let all the world say what they may,
speak of me as you find"
3rd July 2006 10:23 AM
jb Mick and Keith=total lack of class not showing up. Treated Mick T the same way.
3rd July 2006 10:42 AM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:
Mick and Keith=total lack of class not showing up. Treated Mick T the same way.

Is Mick T buried?
3rd July 2006 10:46 AM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:

Is Mick T buried?

No...he was treated very poorly, imo, and as a result, was forced to leave the band(similar to Jones imo).
3rd July 2006 10:50 AM
Gazza
quote:
Bitch wrote:
I have never seen the footage of his funeral before, it's quite chilling to watch. Did MICK and KEEF actually skip the funeral or were they omitted from the footage? I find it unbelieveablle that they wouldn't show up. Is this true?

Mick was in Australia to film Ned Kelly. He had already delayed his departure a few weeks earlier to play the Hyde Park show and had agreed with the producers to fly out the day after the concert. He would have been sued had he delayed the production any further and his arrangements to leave the country were already made before Brian died. Marianne had a pretty valid reason for missing the funeral as she happened to be in a coma in Australia at the time having tried to kill herself.

Keith's official 'excuse' was that he was 'working'. Regardless of the nature of the problem between him and Brian regarding Anita, I've always found his non-appearance at Brian's funeral to be nothing short of despicable. Jagger's excuse was valid enough.
3rd July 2006 10:55 AM
jb I find it hard to beleive Jagger couldn't attend!!!!
3rd July 2006 11:02 AM
Gazza Brian died on the morning of July 3rd *. I think I'm right in saying that his funeral was on the 9th.

Hyde Park was on the 5th and Mick left on the 6th. The film was already a few weeks behind schedule because he was still in England and the agreement was he would leave the day after the concert. Brian's timing in this case was a bit unfortunate. Had Mick waited any further it would have meant a delay of another week.

* I've always wondered why his date of death is given as the 3rd of July when most accounts of that night have him being pulled out of the pool before midnight on the 2nd
[Edited by Gazza]
3rd July 2006 11:05 AM
jb He was Mick Jagger!!! he could have said I need to atend the funeral of our founding member...I think it was very wrong on both his part and off course, Keith's as well.
[Edited by jb]
3rd July 2006 11:09 AM
Gazza I guess that Mick doesnt like to lose money and (unlike now) had some standards when it came to honouring commitments and contracts

As for Keith I agree with you 100%
3rd July 2006 11:46 AM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:
He was Mick Jagger!!! he could have said I need to atend the funeral of our founding member...I think it was very wrong on both his part and off course, Keith's as well.
[Edited by jb]

I think Mick doesn't like funerals!!!
[Edited by F505]
3rd July 2006 11:48 AM
jb None of us do...but he should have atteneded......
3rd July 2006 11:50 AM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:
None of us do...but he should have atteneded......

With his age he will be too busy if he must attend all these funerals and he will have no time left to concentrate on the Stones!!!
[Edited by F505]
3rd July 2006 11:53 AM
jb Nellie Furtado look hot these days!!!
3rd July 2006 11:53 AM
Twostoned Ah please... we all deal with grief in our own way. Don't be so judgmental.
3rd July 2006 11:54 AM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:
Nellie Furtado look hot these days!!!

I left there in a hurry
Looking forward to my big surprise
The next day I discovered
That the fortune teller told me a lie
3rd July 2006 11:59 AM
jb "Money goes to money."
Old Yiddish folk saying.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)