ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image for more information
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Let it bleed documentary Return to archive Page: 1 2
2nd July 2006 07:47 AM
RichardHurrah Hi,

What exactly is this 3 dvd set ?

Thanx
2nd July 2006 10:47 AM
Gazza its the best documentary ever made on the greatest band in the world

Made for Arte TV (france/germany) by the excellent Austrian Stones documentary filmmakers Rossacher and Dolezal and broadcast only in those countries in July 2002 to commemorate the Stones' 40th anniversary

It was never broadcast anywhere else, but this is an English language version (as the original broadcast had German or French voiceovers)

Think of it as an updated version of "25 x 5" (it uses some of the same footage) only better.
2nd July 2006 12:16 PM
Fabio Hot Stuff Yeah, you right, gazza, itr's really the best doc of the Stones, I have a copy in a really strange language, maybe sweden, or dutch, but the images talk the universal sound , the rolling of the Stones.
2nd July 2006 01:40 PM
monkeyman62 yeah i love when keith pulls no punches when talking about micks solo career, go keith , classic stuff
2nd July 2006 03:09 PM
glencar Is this the one that features Sonesdoug & his house? If so, it was quite well done.
2nd July 2006 03:13 PM
Gazza yes

Doug was sent an English language copy of it from the film makers, so I'd imagine thats where the English version comes from
2nd July 2006 03:18 PM
glencar I have an English language copy of that one. Very good indeed. Let me know if you want a copy for when I get to London, if yours isn't in English.
2nd July 2006 03:44 PM
Gazza I have an English language copy on DVD (although I taped the original French broadcast)

Thanks all the same.
3rd July 2006 10:02 PM
J.J.Flash But, does the one available through Rocks Off tracker is actually the English version?

TIA
4th July 2006 09:38 AM
Carol Sigmaringa Good question. I wanna download it!
4th July 2006 09:41 AM
corgi37 Is it available commercially? I've never heard of it.
4th July 2006 09:59 AM
Gazza
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Is it available commercially? I've never heard of it.

No. It was only broadcast on the joint French-German satellite ARTE on 14/7/02.

The version on the tracker is the English language version, which was never actually broadcast

Strongly recommend it. Its a great 3-hour odyssey through the first 40 years of the band's career.

from nzentgaf.de

020714B 14th July: German/French TV (ARTE) ‘Let It Bleed‘, Rolling Stones 40th
anniversary-special by Rudi Dolezal & Hannes Rossacher (DoRo). 180 min. Incl.
- interviews with all Stones through the years
- interview with Victor Bockris (author of Keith Richards-biography)
- interview with Linda Lawrence-Leitch (ex-girlfriend of BJ)
- interview with Keith Altham (ex-publicist of the Stones)
- interview with Stanley Booth (author of two books about the Stones)
- inteview with Charles Shaar Murray (music journalist)
- interview with Gered Mankowitz (photographer)
- interview with David Dalton (author of many Stones-books)
- interview with Marianne Faithfull
- interview with Anita Pallenberg
- interview with Dominique Tarlé (photographer, author of the book ‘Exile’)
- interview with Bobby Keys
- interview with Lothar Baumgarten (fan club operator in Germany)
- interview with James Karnbach (Stones archivist and book author)
- interview with Douglas Potash (Stones ‘Shidoobee’-message board operator)
- interview with Billy Preston
- interview with Lisa Fischer
- interview with Bernard Fowler
+ many great footage and lots of interviews through the years

I've said it before, but the opening montage of 'Jumpin Jack Flash' (following a hilarious 'intro' taken from one of denis leary's stand-up shows) is one of the greatest and most hypnotic bits of film of the band I've ever seen. It would convert even the Pope into a Stones fan.
[Edited by Gazza]
4th July 2006 10:07 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Its a great 3-hour odyssey through the first 40 years of the band's career.

The FIRST forty. I sense a sense of adventure and optimism here and I like it
5th July 2006 11:23 AM
Bruno I´m impressed by Gazza´s words.

How and where can I get it?
5th July 2006 12:17 PM
corgi37 Yeah, how? Where?
5th July 2006 12:18 PM
glencar I'll send it to Americans but that's it!
5th July 2006 12:21 PM
Fiji Joe How about people in Fiji?...we're only close to Australia...we don't share their fucked up value system and their Coriolis effected toilets
5th July 2006 12:27 PM
glencar You guys hurt Keef!
5th July 2006 12:28 PM
Fiji Joe Keith was blinded by love...

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
5th July 2006 12:30 PM
glencar Is that the "tree" he fell from?
5th July 2006 12:32 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Bruno wrote:
I´m impressed by Gazza´s words.

How and where can I get it?

http://rollingstones.kicks-ass.org:6969/

5th July 2006 05:22 PM
Bruno Thank you!
5th July 2006 05:45 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'll send it to Americans but that's it!

Isolationist!
6th July 2006 08:04 AM
corgi37 Fucking racist. I bet you wear loud checked pants too. And look who's standing by you jerks in Iraq! Hell, who was with ya in Nam? The English? The U.N.? No, us! Ahh, fuck ya. Wouldnt want your tainted, Yankee crap anyway. Dont come crying to us when Uncle Kim sends pricks like you to the stone age. Get Ken Lay's family to hide you in their bunker.

As for Fiji - I find Suva to be a drag, but the Coral Coast is great. I recommend The Warwick. Top spot. Price has gone up a bit since Bali bombings, but its still good value. For around $1,500AU, you get a weeks hols. That includes airfares, transfers, accomodation, all meals - and best of all - AS MUCH PISS AS YOU CAN DRINK!

The resorts are top stuff. The greatest thing is that Fiji Bitter is actually Victoria Bitter. We shipped a brewery over there decades ago. Also, we flog them used beer bottles for them to re-use! Its a sweet deal.

But, be warned. The bottles are can explode very easily. Opening the top is risky. Lots of locals use gardening gloves, which is funny to see.

Suva, sadly, is a massive shit hole. It's very run down. And, the Indians own everything! Thats what has caused the coups. Loads and loads of folks from Bombay invading the place. They own every single shop in Suva. The locals hate them. Trouble is, the locals are lazy bastards. Lovely people, really nice, but lazy as all heck. Only really good for rubgy, disco bouncers or body guard. Vijay Singh is their national hero, which is kinda odd, as he's part Indian!

There's not alot to buy. Like vanuatu & Noumea, Fiji is a dumping ground for obsolete electronic goods. So, its not unusual to pay pretty much top dollar for a 5 year old cd player. To them, its brand new. We Aussies dump our unwanted shit on them, much like the rench do in Noumea, and to a certain extent, Vanuatu. I imagine Tahiti is the same.

The funny thing about Pacific Islanders is how fucking massive they are. Even the women! Also, they just cannot handle booze. They do drink beer, but prefer "Kava". Kava is a derivitive of pepper, and you can buy packets of it for nix. You boil it up and drink it. If you can! Man, its fucking horrible. Like drinking wet cardboard - if you can imagine that. It's effect is supposed to be stupifying and make you affectionate. Well, hell, a cask of red does that to me!

All in all, i recommend Fiji. Sure, it is more expensive than Bali, but a shit load safer. Also, you can drink the water. In Bali, you cant even eat a salad as the vegetables have been rinsed in their putird fucking crap waters. I've had "Bali Belly" - and its bloody awful!

Fiji is not as full on as Bali. The resorts are mainly for wealthier people, but not exclusively so. Alot of families and couples go there.

So, if you want a pampered holiday, with top food, top resorts, friendly people, which is good value considering what you can get (oh, some deals include taking the kids for free!), bearing in mind its not a shoppers paradise, go for Fiji. It's not as full of drunken fuckwits like Bali (which is a bummer - sort of - as i am a drunken fuckwit), but its safer and nicer.
6th July 2006 09:30 AM
not bound to please Where can you get this thing? Is a bootleg or a commercial release?
6th July 2006 03:12 PM
Joey " And look who's standing by you jerks in Iraq! Hell, who was with ya in Nam? The English? The U.N.? No, us! Ahh ........... "

The ' Nam was no picnic Corgi .
6th July 2006 06:26 PM
Gazza
quote:
not bound to please wrote:
Where can you get this thing? Is a bootleg or a commercial release?

see my post higher up this page. Its available on the Rocks Off bit torrent tracker

ps - welcome back
6th July 2006 07:17 PM
SheRat
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
They do drink beer, but prefer "Kava". Kava is a derivitive of pepper, and you can buy packets of it for nix. You boil it up and drink it. If you can! Man, its fucking horrible. Like drinking wet cardboard - if you can imagine that. It's effect is supposed to be stupifying and make you affectionate. Well, hell, a cask of red does that to me!

Kava is LOVELY. You used to be able to buy it in pill form at any drug store, but they found it caused liver damage, so now you can only get it at health food stores. Personally, I think what actually causes liver damage is the fact that the pill is concentrated. Which is why I have a Hawaiian connection, through which I get the powder Pacific Islanders have been drinking for centuries--without liver problems.

It is like valium. I took this for the whole two weeks I had to go home for my dad's lung-removal operation and grandfather's funeral and it kept me sane.

Good stuff.
6th July 2006 07:39 PM
Riffhard
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'll send it to Americans but that's it!

Hey Blue have I told you lately how much I love you? No? Well,I dod. I do love you! In a purely hetrosexual,manly,Stones fan kinda way.

I would love to get a copy of that puppy if'n ya could hook a brother up? Let me know,and TIA!!

Riffy
6th July 2006 07:51 PM
pdog Riffy where you been? Hitler Youth Camp?
Hope you had a happy 4th...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)