ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image for more information
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Humble Pie Return to archive Page: 1 2
28th June 2006 05:08 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I used to like them awfully well. But you don't read much about them anymore or hear them on classic radio that much either. There must be an old Humble Pie fan or two around here. (sorry...I just might be getting drunk and sentimental LOL)
28th June 2006 05:10 PM
pdog I know one, and I'm digging them too, thanks to the one I know...

Sorry, you are only allowed to post one message every 60 seconds. Please wait 60 seconds before posting again.
28th June 2006 05:11 PM
telecaster "30 Days In The Hole" is a classic

Isn't Steve Marriott dead?
28th June 2006 06:02 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
telecaster wrote:
"30 Days In The Hole" is a classic

It is indeed.

Small Faces
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Small_Faces

28th June 2006 06:30 PM
Saint Sway Humble Pie flat out kicks ass. In fact, they invent kick ass R&R.

most underated rock band ever.
they are woefully overlooked by 94.7% of all Stones fans
28th June 2006 06:34 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Humble Pie flat out kicks ass. In fact, they invent kick ass R&R.

most underated rock band ever.
they are woefully overlooked by 94.7% of all Stones fans

I've always wondered if Angus Young was a Humble Pie fan.
28th June 2006 07:17 PM
creepin death
quote:
telecaster wrote:
"30 Days In The Hole" is a classic

Isn't Steve Marriott dead?

he died in a house fire.
28th June 2006 07:38 PM
Chuck With Frampton:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PMAPi7KO0mA&search=humble%20pie

With Dave "Clem" Clempson and the Blackberries:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rsQ5tyX9D_Y&search=humble%20pie

I've been listening to the "scrubbers sessions" (1974-75) lately---good stuff!

28th June 2006 09:47 PM
Lazy Bones Big Blue Radio, out of Spokane, WA, plays them regularly.

http://www.bigblueradio.com/
28th June 2006 10:03 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
I used to like them awfully well. But you don't read much about them anymore or hear them on classic radio that much either. There must be an old Humble Pie fan or two around here. (sorry...I just might be getting drunk and sentimental LOL)

I have all of their records, inclouding the new DVD-Audios releases, all Small Faces official stuff and all Steve Marriott solo albums and some bootlegs

This is a video I uploaded for you some weeks ago, now it has 4,822 views, 13 comments, 19 ratings, favourited 71 times!!

28th June 2006 10:23 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl and I saw them live!
28th June 2006 10:30 PM
chevysales 30 days in the hole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saw them many moons ago at pirates world... dania/hollywood beach, florida...jb chime in here!
[Edited by chevysales]
28th June 2006 10:45 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

I've always wondered if Angus Young was a Humble Pie fan.

See the video I uploaded, go to the live performance of "I Don't Need No Doctor" and see how the Youngs copied his styles, huis expression is almost identical
28th June 2006 11:12 PM
Taptrick
They palyed 30 Days In The Hole on that My Name is Earl show last week (repeat). Earl was just tring to pay back some money he felt he owed the government...no one would take it. So he figured he would work on a prioner work detail he saw working on the side of the road to pay the govt back. The guard let him do it but they switched guards in the middle of the day and took him back to prison. No one would believe he didn't belong there and we he didn't have a cell they threw him in the hole for not going to his cell. They played 30 Days In The Whole.

Gotta say. After watching Black Coffee and Shakey Jake. I'm hooked. I'm gonna start collecting. By the way, 30 Days is a very Stones-like riff.

29th June 2006 03:01 AM
rocky hi.,theirs 2 first album,,on immediante,
and the 3,rd..and rock on.and smoking,,,are great 69-72.
29th June 2006 11:08 AM
jpenn11 I think Marriot did a cameo on Daddy Rolling Stone on Johnny Thunder's first solo album. Impressive pipes.

Marriot and Frampton played Get Off of My Cloud with Richards and Korner on a Korner album.

29th June 2006 01:39 PM
Make It Funky Dont forget that also, Marriott fronted the Small faces, avec Ronnie Wood, Ian MacLagan and Ronnie Lane too! (*Itchycoo Park*, Tin Soldier etc)

But I dont think that The Pie were as good once Frampton left them.. imo... oh well.. Sad Bag of Shakey Jake was a great tune.. as well as Nifty Little Number (like you).

cheers
29th June 2006 01:42 PM
Make It Funky Er, sorry, Steve & Ron Wood were never in the Small Faces at the same time. Didntmean to confuse the newbies.. diff. personnel changes with the same band.. didnt clarify well enough..

But the Black Crowes covered an awesome version of Rod Stewarts' Small Faces tune "Three Button Hand Me Down" that they did in 1970 I believe.

And didnt Gov't Mule do a wicked cover tune of 30 Days?

peace in the middle east
29th June 2006 02:28 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yes, Steve was replaced by two musicians: Rod Stewart trying to sing like Steve and Ronnie trying to play like him, by a mistake their first album came out as "Small Faces" but the "Faces" were not as great as the "Small Faces"

The Pie was good even when Peter quit
29th June 2006 02:30 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Make It Funky wrote:
Sad Bag of Shakey Jake was a great tune.. as well as Nifty Little Number (like you).

cheers

Here it is...

29th June 2006 03:45 PM
FPM C10 I saw Humble Pie too. All I remember about the show was that we were offered a refund because Peter Frampton wasn't there.

I liked the songs everyone's mentioned. And their version of "I Don't Need No Doctor". I never really liked Marriott all that much.
29th June 2006 03:57 PM
SheRat
quote:
Make It Funky wrote:

But the Black Crowes covered an awesome version of Rod Stewarts' Small Faces tune "Three Button Hand Me Down" that they did in 1970 I believe.

Three Button Hand Me Down is a Faces tune, not a Small Faces tune, no?

Great fuckin' song.
29th June 2006 06:08 PM
pdog Besisdes Smokin, what does anyone recomend getting?
29th June 2006 06:44 PM
Chuck As Safe As Yesterday Is

Town and Country

Rockin' the Fillmore

Scrubbers Sessions

Eat It (has a cover of HTW)

KBFH: In Concert (Winterland 1973)

[Edited by Chuck]
29th June 2006 07:11 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
pdog wrote:
Besisdes Smokin, what does anyone recomend getting?

Start with "Performance - Rocking the Fillmore" it has one side with a great version of "Rolling Stone"

The S/T album is great, is in fact the third album "Live with me" is one of the greatest songs ever, nothing to do and not related with the one with the same name of the Stones.

Rock On is also great and it has the studio version of "Rolling Stone" shorter of course

For those knowing the original material let me tell ya that recently they released a couple of DVD-Audio of unreleased material, one is "Live at the Whisky A Go-Go" with Peter and the other is "Front the First Row" or something like that and it's without Peter

29th June 2006 07:50 PM
TomL I don't need no doctor baby.......;
29th June 2006 07:52 PM
pdog Thanks Voodoo...
29th June 2006 07:58 PM
Saint Sway fuckin Crowes are long over due to cover Shaky Jake

I got a smokin version of them doing 99lbs!!!
29th June 2006 09:09 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
fuckin Crowes are long over due to cover Shaky Jake

I got a smokin version of them doing 99lbs!!!

Aren't they long overdue to release an album?
29th June 2006 09:15 PM
Saint Sway long overdue! I like that they copy the Stones but I dont want them to copy the B2B > ABB album drought.

at least this material FINALLY coming out....

http://www.blackcrowes.com/LostCrowes.htm
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)