ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image for more information
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: BIG PAPI -BIG PAPI (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
24th June 2006 05:12 PM
Nellcote BIG PAPI another walk off home run!
Papelbon is filty BAD, best closer in both leagues.
Red Sox Win 8th Straight!
Flash Gordon rocked in 10th inning
SS, those Phils are in need of a clue!!!
24th June 2006 07:00 PM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
BIG PAPI another walk off home run!
Papelbon is filty BAD, best closer in both leagues.
Red Sox Win 8th Straight!
Flash Gordon rocked in 10th inning
SS, those Phils are in need of a clue!!!

I kinda like the Cardinals chances this year ......

Developing .................

Kins !
24th June 2006 08:19 PM
lotsajizz the entire NL is a disgrace

And Ortiz IS a God, eh Nellie?

24th June 2006 11:31 PM
Sir Stonesalot Eat a steaming bowl of fuck and choke on it....

I'm going on vacation, and baseball is not a part of it.
25th June 2006 12:09 AM
Steel Wheels Leave my Phillies alone. I hate the Yankees, The Mets, and the Red Sox.

Actually, I don't give a shit. Gimme a new Stones record and I'll retreat to my stereo.

25th June 2006 01:55 AM
JuanTCB Papelbon's K of Burrell was the work of a cold-blooded assasin. Just brutal.

Papi is ridiculous - that shot landed halfway up the CF bleachers, for God's sake. I hope to God there's not a rain-out tomorrow, because he & Manny are both fully entrenched in the groove right now and I want to see some more dongs.
25th June 2006 04:08 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
if only ortiz had been taking steroids when he was with the twins....

dirty lies and ignorant innuendo that only the fan of a team stupid enough to let him go for nothing would utter...
25th June 2006 05:25 PM
lotsajizz bucky...check my avatar and then tell me you were not trolling for exactly the response you got? btw, your team was stupid, not you...

you're smart

except for that Twins bit!

25th June 2006 06:15 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
you're calling my team stupid? how many trophies do the twins have? (2)

how many have the sox won since fire was invented? (1)

is that math on the iron range? try six (6)

I could understand such chippiness if your team was in first...

or had four consecutive years of sellouts....

or was closer than 11 games behind the leader...

still bitter about letting Ortiz go for nothing? I'd be too.....

OK now

Cazart!!

25th June 2006 06:23 PM
monkey_man
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
the entire NL is a disgrace

And Ortiz IS a God, eh Nellie?

The Mets OWN the NL. . .live it love it!
25th June 2006 07:01 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
heh heh. you and your recent ring. one trophy doesn't erase a hundred years of futility.

my team not in first, eh?

Again, I must query, is that some sort of Iron Range math? 86 does not = 100....and 11 games out means you're not in first. I mean you might try and make a comeback with something that actually added up. Try mentioning Santana more....
25th June 2006 07:05 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
the only reason we aren't in first, einstein, is because the only two teams that have been just as hot as the twins lately are in front of us.

Einstein would know that NO team is hotter than the Bosox, winners of eight (8) straight Einstein would also know that the Bosox play in another division besides the Twins so your "only two teams that have been just as hot as the twins lately are in front of us" is as wrongheaded as giving up Ortiz for NOTHING!!!! LOL!!!!!!

25th June 2006 09:24 PM
lotsajizz and even with the sweep, the Bosox are in first

they have won eight straight

and the Twins are in third

11 games out

you get what you pay for....

how much did you pay Ortiz?

26th June 2006 08:41 AM
Nellcote Not for nothing, however, I once again contend that the team from Philly is coming apart. They actually allowed the manager proclaimed "best pitcher" to start this game, despite the fact he pummelled his wife on a Boston street 12 hours earlier. Probably only The Phils following the lead from Major leage Baseball, who would suspend a player for 50 games for taking steriods, but have lukewarm response to domestic abuse. Hard to fathom? Read on....

Visiting player hit wife, police charge
By Suzanne Smalley, Globe Staff | June 24, 2006

Philadelphia Phillies pitcher Brett Myers and his wife were walking back from a bar late Thursday night to their Back Bay hotel when an argument broke out. Authorities and witnesses say Myers then assaulted his wife, leaving her sitting on the sidewalk with a swollen face, crying.

She told police her husband hit her in the face twice with his fist, according to the police report. Witnesses said he slapped her and then pulled her off the ground by her hair.

Myers, 25, and the Phillies were in Boston for a series with the Red Sox.

The player was arraigned yesterday in Boston Municipal Court on charges of assault and battery. He was released after pleading not guilty, according to David Procopio, a spokesman for Suffolk District Attorney Daniel F. Conley.

Kim Myers, 28, bailed her husband out by posting $200 shortly after the arrest.

Procopio said it is unclear whether Myers punched his wife or slapped her.

Myers declined to comment at Fenway Park yesterday, referring reporters to his lawyer. Two calls to his lawyer were not returned.

The team's general manager, Pat Gillick, said, ``Certainly the Phillies are here and are ready to support not only Brett and Kim, but any of our players."

Myers, who won 13 games for the Phillies last season, is considered one of the team's top starting pitchers . He will face Curt Schilling at Fenway Park today as planned, according to Larry Shenk, a Phillies spokesman.

Courtney Knight, 26, who witnessed the alleged attack at 900 Boylston St. with two friends, said in a telephone interview that Myers seemed ``really angry."

``He was dragging her by the hair and slapping her across the face," Knight said. ``She was yelling, `I'm not going to let you do this to me anymore.' "

Knight said the 6-foot-4 -inch, 240-pound ballplayer dwarfed his wife, whom police report at 5 feet 4 inches and 120 pounds.

``She's a real small girl," Knight said. ``It was awful."

Knight said Myers was undeterred by the presence of her and her friends.

``He had her on the ground," Knight said. ``He was trying to get her to go, and she was resisting. She curled up and sat on the ground. He was pulling her, her shirt was up around her neck. . . . He could have cared less that we were there."

One of her friends, Sly Egidio, 30, of East Boston, said Myers appeared to pull his wife ``out of her shoes" before hitting her.

``I watched him just haul off and smack her in the face," Egidio said. ``She said: `I'm tired of this. I'm all done.' "

Egidio said Kim Myers was on the ground crying when her husband pulled her up by her hair.

``This was violent," Egidio said. ``This was wrong. Even if it was a Red Sox [player], I would have done something. And I love the Red Sox." Egidio works for Boston Baseball magazine, distributing it at Fenway.

The report said that officers responded to the 911 call at 12:26 a.m. and found Kim Myers crying and with a slight swelling on the left side of her face.

The police report said a woman accompanying the player and his wife told police they were fighting because he wanted to return to their hotel and she did not. She also told police she saw Myers pull his wife toward the hotel but did not see him strike her.

Shenk, the Phillies spokesman, declined to discuss how the team's management treats domestic violence.

``Out of respect for the privacy of both Kim and Brett Myers, the Phillies will not comment on this incident until the matter is resolved by the court," said a statement released by the team yesterday.

Mike Teevan, a spokesman for Major League Baseball, said the league has no policy requiring suspension of players charged or convicted in domestic violence cases.

``We're obviously very concerned about it," Teevan said. ``But it was an off-field incident and it's the player's private life. We're going to let the legal system run its course."

According to a Major League Baseball website, Myers married Kim Wickman in 2002 and they have a 3-year-old daughter.

Myers's next court date is Aug. 4, but the municipal court judge ruled that he does not have to attend the session.

26th June 2006 06:30 PM
JuanTCB I think this thread deserves a bump.

Unbelieveable.
26th June 2006 06:51 PM
lotsajizz I REALLY like how those who decry Ortiz are made to look like bigger asses EVERY day!!!! Eat yer heart out AGAIN!!!!! How that "Ortiz for nuthin'" workin' out Twins fans?!!! LOL!!!

He is a GOD!!
26th June 2006 07:56 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
I REALLY like how those who decry Ortiz are made to look like bigger asses EVERY day!!!! Eat yer heart out AGAIN!!!!! How that "Ortiz for nuthin'" workin' out Twins fans?!!! LOL!!!

He is a GOD!!

Yeah, maybe they'll just start pitching around him.
To get to Manny...
26th June 2006 08:01 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Not for nothing, however, I once again contend that the team from Philly is coming apart. They actually allowed the manager proclaimed "best pitcher" to start this game, despite the fact he pummelled his wife on a Boston street 12 hours earlier.

Phils are rumored to be looking to add another hitter to their line up - Wil Cordero.
26th June 2006 08:09 PM
JuanTCB I hope Mrs. Cordero doesn't answer the phone when his agent calls to tell him the news.
26th June 2006 08:21 PM
lotsajizz that's postin' on loan from God right there!!!!
26th June 2006 08:23 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
JuanTCB wrote:
I hope Mrs. Cordero doesn't answer the phone when his agent calls to tell him the news.

Yeah, that could get dodgy.

C. Everett Kook might be a better option.
27th June 2006 10:21 AM
JuanTCB I kind of liked old Jurassic Carl, despite the fact that he's crazier than a shithouse rat.

For example:

- the nutty he threw on Ron Culpa on national TV - that was some good viewing!

- breaking up Mussina's no-no with 2 strikes and 2 outs in the 9th. Though his performance that game may have been upstaged by the drunk Tony Cloninger staggering out to talk to Cone.

- "Curly-Haired Boyfriend". Brilliant and inspired.

Carl's got nothing on Uggie Urbina, but he was a bright ray of insanity on some otherwise unlikeable Sox teams.
27th June 2006 10:49 AM
Nellcote Yeah, the Sox have had a knack of attracting these head cases, all the way back to Jimmy Piersall.
Kulpa umped 1st yesterday, Joe & Jerry mentioned Ol' Carl...
27th June 2006 11:19 AM
mark and meanwhile my Mariners are just trying to play .500 ball
27th June 2006 12:07 PM
lotsajizz yeah, but at least you got Ichiro

27th June 2006 08:44 PM
JuanTCB Peter Gammons is in surgery for a brain aneurysm right now - hope he pulls through and recovers quickly.

The father of modern baseball writing and a good Masshole, as well.

Get well, Pete!
27th June 2006 09:13 PM
Nellcote Red Sox 8 Mets 2, bottom of the 5th
The beat goes on....
28th June 2006 06:12 AM
lotsajizz TEN is a row!!.. Take that twinkie fans in yer hefty bag 'stadium'...how many games out are the twinkies?
28th June 2006 10:13 AM
JuanTCB And Pedro's standing in the way of 11.

Tonight is going to be surreal.
28th June 2006 12:38 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Red Sox 8 Mets 2, bottom of the 5th
The beat goes on....

An ugly loss for the Mets. . .tonight's game with Pedro is the game of the year to watch!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)