ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Rehearsing babies rehearsing...
Arriving to the first rehearsals for the tour - Greenwood School Today
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with many many thank yous!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brian's Funeral - today 36 years ago Return to archive
July 10th, 2005 10:46 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Charlie, Bill and Frank Thorogood at Brian's funeral

According to some sources and many rumours Brian was murdered by Frank Thorogood, the guy at the pix foreground -far right

And here's Brian's girlfriend in turn Anna Wohlin with Frank

If he did it that's serious cold blood
July 10th, 2005 10:58 AM
jb Still shameful that Mick and Keith failed to attend.
July 10th, 2005 11:05 AM
JaggerLips I never knew that Mick and Keith didn't show up for Brian's funeral, why not???????????????
July 10th, 2005 11:32 AM
stewed & Keefed
July 10th, 2005 11:44 AM
jb Prior committments...totally inexcusable.
July 10th, 2005 11:59 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
...totally inexcusable.

Well maybe, maybe not. If I'm not mistaken Mick was in OZ filming Ned Kelly. Right???
July 10th, 2005 12:03 PM
Paul McCartney Ned Kelly was a cinematic masterpiece. I have the DVD with 14 hours of bonus footage.
July 10th, 2005 12:03 PM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Well maybe, maybe not. If I'm not mistaken Mick was in OZ filming Ned Kelly. Right???

And Keith ?
July 10th, 2005 12:06 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:
And Keith ?

Haven't got a clue.
July 10th, 2005 12:20 PM
JaggerLips
quote:

Haven't got a clue.

Maybe Keith was too drunk on Jack Daniels and drugged up at the time, the event of Brian Jones's funeral escaped his mind?
July 10th, 2005 12:46 PM
GerryS Mick hadn't left for Oz yet, but claimed he'd be in deep trouble with the director if he wasn't there on time. Keith was supposedly in the studio mixing some songs.
July 10th, 2005 01:52 PM
jb
quote:
GerryS wrote:
Mick hadn't left for Oz yet, but claimed he'd be in deep trouble with the director if he wasn't there on time. Keith was supposedly in the studio mixing some songs.

Fuck the director...Mick could have gone to the funeral as it was his moral/ethical duty. Keith had no excuse. Mick and Keith have been cut-throat from the beginning...I think that's why they survived, but that doesn't make them good people.
July 10th, 2005 01:52 PM
HellsRollingThunder From what I understand they think Brian was murdered INSIDE his
house and then brought outside and dumped in the pool. This
is being investigated by the fan club who did NOT have a damn
thing to do with that hideous bust. If they get permission to exhume the remains it is claimed that the medical examiner can
determine if there were any injuries inside or outside the body
and maybe to more forensic testing not available back then.
Brian is buried 10 feet below ground in a SEALED bronze and
steel casket to protect the remains from the elements. Maybe if
this is done we could learn more about what really happened.
This is just what has been passed along to me. Uncut Magazine
in February and March of 2005 has more information also.

LOVE YOU MY SWEET PRINCE!!
July 10th, 2005 02:01 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
Fuck the director...Mick could have gone to the funeral as it was his moral/ethical duty. Keith had no excuse. Mick and Keith have been cut-throat from the beginning...I think that's why they survived, but that doesn't make them good people.

It's noone's "duty" to go to any funeral. Demonizing Mick and Keith for not attending is bull shit. It's a moral judgement that's completely out of bounds.

July 10th, 2005 02:10 PM
jb
quote:

It's noone's "duty" to go to any funeral. Demonizing Mick and Keith for not attending is bull shit. It's a moral judgement that's completely out of bounds.

Would you go to my funeral if you lived in Palm Beach County?
July 10th, 2005 02:15 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
Would you go to my funeral if you lived in Palm Beach County?

Yes, so I could see how badly they screwed up your hair.
July 10th, 2005 02:17 PM
jb
quote:

Yes, so I could see how badly they screwed up your hair.

LOL....I agree it no one's obligation..but c'mon, the guy started their band and was , at least for a time, a close friend.

P.S.-Jew have closed coffin funerals..you would have to sneak in a take a peak.
[Edited by jb]
July 10th, 2005 03:47 PM
gypsy
quote:

I agree. I am not one to attend funerals myself. I just don't like them. I prefer to mourn in my own private way.
I can't stand it when the Brian fanatics get so upset about Mick and Keith not attending the funeral, and take it as a sign of their guilt. I'm sure they did feel guilty for kicking him out of the band, and Keith and Anita felt guilty for running off together. I think it's best that Anita didn't go to the funeral as she was eight-months pregnant with Marlon.
July 10th, 2005 03:56 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I agree. I am not one to attend funerals myself. I just don't like them. I prefer to mourn in my own private way.
I can't stand it when the Brian fanatics get so upset about Mick and Keith not attending the funeral, and take it as a sign of their guilt. I'm sure they did feel guilty for kicking him out of the band, and Keith and Anita felt guilty for running off together. I think it's best that Anita didn't go to the funeral as she was eight-months pregnant with Marlon.

Is there a photo of Brian in his coffin?
July 10th, 2005 04:09 PM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:
Is there a photo of Brian in his coffin?

Not that I know of. It's too bad my grandma wasn't at his funeral - then we'd have a photo of Brian "lying in state."
July 10th, 2005 04:58 PM
Gazza
quote:
GerryS wrote:
Mick hadn't left for Oz yet, but claimed he'd be in deep trouble with the director if he wasn't there on time. Keith was supposedly in the studio mixing some songs.

I always understood Mick left for Australia a day or so after the Hyde Park show (ie before the funeral), which he'd already committed to do before Brian died.

He had already delayed the start of the filming of Ned Kelly so that they could play the Hyde Park show, and further delays would have resulted in it running into serious production difficulties and him facing legal action.

Keith, on the other hand, had no reasonable excuse.
July 10th, 2005 05:06 PM
gypsy
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Keith, on the other hand, had no reasonable excuse.

Is being high on smack a "reasonable excuse?"
July 10th, 2005 05:35 PM
Water Dragon Sad day then, and now, in sleepy old England. However, I was glad to see the working class stiffs knew what was the "honourable" thing to do and did it!

Cheers,

W.D.

July 10th, 2005 08:36 PM
HellsRollingThunder From what I have read some photographers wanted to take pictures of Brian in his casket but the family refused to permit it.
I do not like going to funerals either, prefer to remember the person
the way they were when they were living.

On another subject someone did take a photo of Elvis Presley
in his casket, but do know if it was the only one of him like that.
Are there any other photos of stars/musicians like that?
July 10th, 2005 08:39 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Not that I know of. It's too bad my grandma wasn't at his funeral - then we'd have a photo of Brian "lying in state."

Exactly my sentiments....
July 10th, 2005 08:56 PM
kath well, if he were still alive, one look at that statue would kill him......
July 10th, 2005 09:32 PM
jb
quote:
kath wrote:
well, if he were still alive, one look at that statue would kill him......

Kath, remember Mr. Potato head with hair!!!
July 11th, 2005 12:41 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

RIP Brian

July 10, 1969 - Goodbye Brian "The Rolling Stones" Jones
© 1969 target="_blank">Bettmann
July 11th, 2005 01:32 AM
Poplar
Just did Between the Buttons. Great.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)