ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Rehearsing babies rehearsing...
Arriving to the first rehearsals for the tour - Greenwood School Today
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with many many thank yous!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Brian Jonestown Massacre...... NSC Return to archive
July 7th, 2005 07:59 PM
sammy davis jr. Anyone else into these guys? I watched the movie "Dig" which chronicles seven years of the bands existence, and bought CD's after watching the DVD. (Which is very good IMO) I was blown away at just how fucking good their records are. Great songwriting, great performances- very retro (60's) sounding. I haven't been able to turn the damn thing off in the car. If your'e looking for something "new" to listen to, I highly reccommend them. Their latest release is a 2 cd retrospective of their career up to now.... and is great.
July 7th, 2005 08:10 PM
glencar Dig! was great! Anton Newcombe's problems overshadowed the band. Are they still together?
July 7th, 2005 08:21 PM
sammy davis jr. Still together and touring the US this summer. Ihope to see them this month.
July 7th, 2005 08:29 PM
M.O.W.A.T. I used to see their debut cd in stores all the time, never picked it up but their name always caught my eye.
July 7th, 2005 08:34 PM
pdog
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
Anyone else into these guys? I watched the movie "Dig" which chronicles seven years of the bands existence, and bought CD's after watching the DVD. (Which is very good IMO) I was blown away at just how fucking good their records are. Great songwriting, great performances- very retro (60's) sounding. I haven't been able to turn the damn thing off in the car. If your'e looking for something "new" to listen to, I highly reccommend them. Their latest release is a 2 cd retrospective of their career up to now.... and is great.

I have some of their stuff. Trust fund baby that Anton is and it shows in his shitty attitude. BJM have their moments of genius musically. Anton is an asshole and alot of SF folk have stories to back that up.
July 7th, 2005 09:13 PM
Sir Stonesalot I have a bunch of BJM stuff. I got a bunch of Dandy Warhols stuff too. I "dig" both bands.

Anton is a complete and total nuerotic egocentric dickhead. He also happens to make some stunningly great music.

The movie Dig! is fantastic. You don't even have to like the bands to enjoy the film. It's like seeing a car wreck happen in front of you...you want to look away, but you just gotta watch.
July 7th, 2005 09:36 PM
sammy davis jr. Believe me, the music business is FULL of assholes.....Anton is shown in a bad light in the film, but some of it is so DAMN FUNNY. I mean, I wish Mick would just clock Ronnie or Keith when they hit a bum note, instead of FRENCH KISSING them. I thought Joel Gion (tambourine) stole the movie though.
July 8th, 2005 02:03 PM
Dan Saw them at the Sunset Junction street fair a few years ago. One of the absolute worst shows I have ever seen.
July 8th, 2005 02:10 PM
Poplar
they're in my town next weekend. gonna check 'em out.

July 8th, 2005 07:05 PM
sammy davis jr. Saw them at the Sunset Junction street fair a few years ago. One of the absolute worst shows I have ever seen.

Anyone get kicked, punched or thrown out of the band?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)