ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Rehearsing babies rehearsing...
Arriving to the first rehearsals for the tour - Greenwood School Today
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with many many thank yous!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Will Celine Dion beat the Stones in 2005 tour grosses? Return to archive
July 7th, 2005 11:57 AM
GimmeExile We know U2 will beat the Stones, but now I fear that Celine Dion could beat them as well.

Tour grosses for the first half of 2005:

U2 - $48.4 Million
Celine Dion - $43.9 Million

July 7th, 2005 12:03 PM
Jumacfly OMG!!!!!
we call her Celine Fion here (which means "ass"in French)
she sucks !!
July 7th, 2005 12:21 PM
parmeda jb...get your calculator and go to this page:

http://www.caesars.com/Caesars/LasVegas/Entertainment/ANewDay/ANewDay.htm

...go to ticket sales
...figure out the average for a 4000 seat arena
...take in consideration she performs 4 days a week for 9 months

...do the math
...you LIVE for this type of shit, lol

July 7th, 2005 02:07 PM
glencar It's not quite a tour if you never leave your "house"!
July 7th, 2005 02:27 PM
gimmekeef Not to worry....new album with some old time rock...Fenway opener to beat all openers...then more shows added...Stones will eventually own 2005/06 in total sales due to good attendance and prices at least double the competition...Heck wait until they come out into the aisles with credit card machines before the shows and ask people.."Hey for another $500 you can sit up there On Stage"....It'll put em over the top!
July 7th, 2005 02:36 PM
Gazza
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
We know U2 will beat the Stones, but now I fear that Celine Dion could beat them as well.

U2 - $48.4 Million

what is there to fear? It's no barometer of anything

If U2 outgross the Stones, its because they played far more shows and started their tour 5 months before the Stones did.

If the Stones outgross U2, its because they charged far higher ticket prices.

Two entirely different ways of generating money.

Personally, I'm more interested in whether the new Stones album will be good or not. That and the quality of their live show is all that matters.

As for the Singing Stick Insect, if she outgrosses either of them, it'll just prove that the public wouldnt know taste if it bit them on the arse
July 7th, 2005 02:42 PM
glencar It's Vegas, Baby! LOL I'll be there starting this Saturday & there's NADA chance I will be near the Singing Stick Creature.
jb THe Stones will probably use that "fuzzy" math to claim a 400mil gross , as they claimed 300mil for Licks...it's over 100 million in merchandise alone!!!!
I still have not bought tickets..this is going to be an easy task as the shows get closer and the scalpers see the lack of demand....I am in my glory..........................
glencar I'm sure the T-shirt profits aren't part of the tour grosses. You still remember "fuzzy math"? LOL
July 7th, 2005 02:48 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'm sure the T-shirt profits aren't part of the tour grosses. You still remember "fuzzy math"? LOL

Last tour Cohl did not release individual venue grosses as had been done in the past. Rather, in the end, we got a blanket statement that the tour grossed 300 mil....it included all revenue to my knowledge.
[Edited by jb]
July 7th, 2005 03:03 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
We know U2 will beat the Stones, but now I fear that Celine Dion could beat them as well.

U2 - $48.4 Million

"Vegas should not count at all....I mean c'mon... people there pay to see Wayne Newton for chrissakes".That alone should disqualify Vegas box office as too ridiculous to count!
July 7th, 2005 09:33 PM
Soldatti
quote:
jb wrote:
Last tour Cohl did not release individual venue grosses as had been done in the past. Rather, in the end, we got a blanket statement that the tour grossed 300 mil....it included all revenue to my knowledge.

Very true, some numbers were very low, the Veterans Stadium with 45k for example.
July 7th, 2005 09:38 PM
jb
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Very true, some numbers were very low, the Veterans Stadium with 45k for example.

Can't wait to see Detroit!!!
July 7th, 2005 10:40 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

I think the Vet was closer to 35k, actually.
July 7th, 2005 10:42 PM
glencar Wait. You're saying that Vet's sold only 35K (or 45K) last time around? Wow.
July 8th, 2005 12:07 AM
Soldatti
quote:
glencar wrote:
Wait. You're saying that Vet's sold only 35K (or 45K) last time around? Wow.

It sold 45k according to Cohl numbers.
July 8th, 2005 02:58 AM
blackandblue
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:

U2 - $48.4 Million

What the fuck? Who cares? Let the Stones make a good album and let Ronnie Wood finally play his guitar during the tour. That's all that matters!
July 8th, 2005 12:57 PM
ListenToTheLion Well spoken sir, you hit the nail on the head!
July 9th, 2005 11:37 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Oh, what does it matter who out-grosses who? The Stones are a cult band....albeit a rather large one.
July 9th, 2005 12:10 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! Who gives a shit. I'm sure there's just as many easy listening lovers out there as there are rock fans.
July 9th, 2005 12:15 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
Gazza wrote:

what is there to fear? It's no barometer of anything

If U2 outgross the Stones, its because they played far more shows and started their tour 5 months before the Stones did.

If the Stones outgross U2, its because they charged far higher ticket prices.

Two entirely different ways of generating money.

Personally, I'm more interested in whether the new Stones album will be good or not. That and the quality of their live show is all that matters.

As for the Singing Stick Insect, if she outgrosses either of them, it'll just prove that the public wouldnt know taste if it bit them on the arse

The Stones hold the record for the 1st and 2nd highest grossing tours, so they can only beat their own record!
Celine is so sickly! I can't believe people go pay their hard earned money to see that woman!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)