ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Rehearsing babies rehearsing...
Arriving to the first rehearsals for the tour - Greenwood School Today
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with many many thank yous!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Howe to get fired Return to archive
July 7th, 2005 07:55 AM
glencar http://www.nynewsday.com/news/local/brooklyn/nyc-abus0707,0,6090363.story?coll=nyc-manheadlines-brooklyn
July 7th, 2005 10:40 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
http://www.nynewsday.com/news/local/brooklyn/nyc-abus0707,0,6090363.story?coll=nyc-manheadlines-brooklyn

disturbing.
July 7th, 2005 12:05 PM
Joey " A Staten Island coach and community figure has been arrested on charges of spanking teenage boys if they missed their basketball shots, officials said.

Drew Sanders, 49, of 50 Turf Rd. in the Heartland Village section, was charged with second-degree attempted assault, fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon, 23 counts of forcible touching, 23 counts of third-degree sexual abuse and two counts of endangering the welfare of a child.

Authorities allege that on Monday, Sanders, who is an assistant executive director of the Staten Island Jewish Community Center, pulled down a 15-year-old boy's pants and slapped the boy in the behind with a wooden paddle.

That boy told authorities that the incident happened multiple times -- with Sanders throwing him over his knees and pulling his pants down while slapping him -- between June and September of last year, and again between April and July of this year.

Another boy contacted by police confirmed he too was victimized in June 2004.

Investigators said three other boys have come forward with complaints on Tuesday and Wednesday.

"Everybody is stunned, it's hard to believe," said Ruth Lasser, a spokeswoman for the Staten Island JCC. "He's a wonderful family guy. We love him. We're hoping that the allegations will prove not to be founded."

The JCC put Sanders on temporary suspension, officials there said.

The 6-foot-6, 250-pound Sanders is a married father of three.

He works as a Public Schools Athletic League basketball coach at Tottenville High School and does summer camp coaching at Susan Wagner High School.

Department of Education spokeswoman Kelly Devers said Sanders, not a full Department of Education employee, has been put on the "ineligible" list, meaning he can no longer be hired by the department.

"We've informed the schools that he should not be allowed to enter," Devers said.

Sanders faces at least up to 4 years in prison if convicted of the charges. "
July 7th, 2005 02:08 PM
glencar Sounds like your favorite coach!
July 7th, 2005 02:11 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Sounds like your favorite coach!

as a father, this enrages me. I feel embarrased for the actions of far too many today!

fade to baby joey
July 7th, 2005 02:12 PM
glencar It's such a weird story. At least he didn't molest them though.
July 7th, 2005 02:16 PM
parmeda glenny, I would beg to differ with you, dear.
This jackass has issues!

As a parent, I wouldn't bother the authorities...this guy would be drawing back a stump.
July 7th, 2005 02:16 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
It's such a weird story. At least he didn't molest them though.

if i were to ever find out that a coach has bent my son over his knee to spank him.....i cringe to think what i would have done
July 7th, 2005 03:11 PM
glencar I see your points. I just meant that at least he didn't go further. But I agree, he should be punished.
July 7th, 2005 03:12 PM
glencar BTW Parmy, I sent out the check today. I was at work & was unable to include a note but thank you very much! My name & address are of course on the envelope & check.
July 7th, 2005 03:13 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
BTW Parmy, I sent out the check today. I was at work & was unable to include a note but thank you very much! My name & address are of course on the envelope & check.

?
July 7th, 2005 03:13 PM
glencar For the Chicago tix. Will you be there?
July 7th, 2005 04:35 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
For the Chicago tix. Will you be there?

Thankfully, you will be a part of the event while I shake hands and work the room.
July 7th, 2005 04:36 PM
glencar Right backatcha!
July 7th, 2005 08:56 PM
parmeda
quote:
glencar wrote:
BTW Parmy, I sent out the check today. I was at work & was unable to include a note but thank you very much! My name & address are of course on the envelope & check.

I was just thinking today, "Gee, glencar hasn't sent me his address yet and I want to rifle out his tix to him...", lol

I'll keep my eyes peeled open for your envelope and let you know when it arrives. Your tix will be sent out to you immediately once I have the info.

...and you're very welcome
July 7th, 2005 10:38 PM
glencar I can't believe I'm finally meeting up with the Chicago RO crew! And Joshy! And LJ! And maybe please gypsy? Once again, thanks a mil!
July 8th, 2005 12:34 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
I can't believe I'm finally meeting up with the Chicago RO crew! And Joshy! And LJ! And maybe please gypsy? Once again, thanks a mil!

Thankfully, you will be a part of the event while I shake hands and work the room.

it will be an honor to toast with you. You have been on the list in my signature for a long time and i truly look forward to meeting you.
July 8th, 2005 12:37 AM
glencar I shall bring a camera!
July 9th, 2005 04:50 PM
Taptrick I consider this a molest. He is being charged with forced touching and sexual assault and there is no doubt in my mind he did it for his own personal sexual gratification. If he enters treatment that meets national ATSA standards, he will most likely have to pass a sexual history polygraph and have a sexual arousal plethysmograph done. I'd be willing to bet both will show he has a lot more history than the story implies. I find the sad part that kids so often tolerate this sort of thing. In San diego we had an incident where a teacher made high school females pull up their skirts at a dance to prove they were wearing underwear! Parents need to teach their children to recognize inappropriate behavior and to react agressively, strongly, and fast in such situations. Teach your kids: if its in public they need to start screaming "Pervert, freak, help, police, etc..." and run from the situation. If it's in private its a bit more tricky. Escape, run, scream, if possible. If escaping isn't possible then resist as best able without risking your life and report as soon as able. This is serious stuff. I do treatment with "chilimoes". The last guy to leave just wrote us a letter back. He's an assistant manager at a Pizza Hut and admitted to having slipped and had sexual contact with his new dog. When I see the DOZENS of kids at the complex where I live between 8-17 with no parental involvement at all wandering the world with teen advice as their best source of guidance it makes me really dispise a lot of my neighbors who are parents.

[Edited by Taptrick]
[Edited by Taptrick]
July 9th, 2005 10:03 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Taptrick wrote:
I consider this a molest. He is being charged with forced touching and sexual assault and there is no doubt in my mind he did it for his own personal sexual gratification. If he enters treatment that meets national ATSA standards, he will most likely have to past a sexual history polygraph and have a sexual arousal plethysmograph done. I'd be willing to bet both will show he has a lot more history than the story implies. I find the sad part that kids so often tolerate this sort of thing. In San diego we had an incident where a teacher made high school females pull up their skirts at a dance to prove they were wearing underwear! Parents need to teach there children to recognize inappropriate behavior and to react agressively, strongly, and fast in such situations. Teach your kids: if its in public they need to start screaming "Pervert, freak, help, police, etc..." and run from the situation. If it's in private its a bit more tricky. Escape, run, scream, if possible. If escaping isn't possible then resist as best able without risking your life and report as soon as able. This is serious stuff. I do treatment with "chilimoes". The last guy to leave just wrote. He's an assistant manager at a Pizza Hut and admitted to having slipped and had sexual contact with his new dog. When I see the DOZENS of kids at the complex where I live between 8-17 with no parental involvement at all wandering the world with teen advice as their best source of guidance it makes me really dispise a lot of my neighbors who are parents.

[Edited by Taptrick]

I agree with everything you wrote. Thankfully, you also, are smart enough to realize that this shit is not right!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)