ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Rehearsing babies rehearsing...
Arriving to the first rehearsals for the tour - Greenwood School Today
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with many many thank yous!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: LONDON 2012 !!!! (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 6th, 2005 06:04 PM
Gazza
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Christ, I'll be 28 when the Olympics hit London!

...and STILL a virgin!
July 6th, 2005 06:13 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
glencar wrote:
That's younger than it seems!

I'm sure it is, ha ha!

My girlfreind will be 34!

July 6th, 2005 08:53 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Just think: McCartney could be performing at BOTH the Opening AND Closing Ceremonies (possibly with George Michael again!)
July 6th, 2005 09:15 PM
corgi37 I was always positive New York would have got it. But, then again, with all those Euro and African delegates, the Yanks never stood a chance.

Bonny King Charles will probably be opening the ceremony. Imagine how stunning Carmilla will look in 2012!!
July 6th, 2005 10:48 PM
time is on my side Hey, just got back from a long vacation (Venezuela is a beautiful country) and heard the news. CHEERS TO EVERYONE IN LONDON. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I've been to two Olympics (Atlanta and Sydney) and it's one gigantic, worldwide party. Love everything about them (the opening ceremonies and the sports especially track & field, swimming). It's simply great spectacle. If you ever get a chance to attend one, GO and don't listen to the naysayers. My guess is you'll have a blast and have many memorable experiences. I have a sister in law who lives in London and definitely plan on making LONDON my third Olympics.

[Edited by time is on my side]
July 7th, 2005 03:16 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Why is everyone congratulating Gazza? He doesnt even live in London.

I hate the Olympics being in London. It makes no real difference to Londoners except for raising their taxes. If it were in Paris in 2012 it would be equally as easy to get to!
July 7th, 2005 04:37 AM
Gazza
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Why is everyone congratulating Gazza? He doesnt even live in London.

a) because I started the thread and a Brit
b) because I'm nice
c) because its pointless congratulating someone who doesnt want them

;-)
July 7th, 2005 04:38 AM
Gazza
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I was always positive New York would have got it. But, then again, with all those Euro and African delegates, the Yanks never stood a chance.

thats obviously why two of the last 6 games have been in the US, then...
July 7th, 2005 04:42 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
Just think: McCartney could be performing at BOTH the Opening AND Closing Ceremonies

"Be careful what you wish for...."
July 7th, 2005 04:44 AM
Voodoo Scrounge No offence intended Gazza.

Just dont understand why everyone is congratulating a guy who isnt from the area.

Its us Londoners who will feel the pinch
July 7th, 2005 05:30 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
No offence intended Gazza.

Just dont understand why everyone is congratulating a guy who isnt from the area.

Not entirely. Certain events will be held in his backyard despite his living in another nation. I imagine many events will similarly be hundreds of miles from London proper.
July 7th, 2005 06:52 AM
Gazza
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
No offence intended Gazza.

None taken at all. My reply was tongue in cheek. I'm happy for the country as a whole, although obviously its London that has the honour of staging most of the events. We've missed out on a lot of high profile sporting events in recent years and as a sports fan, maybe this will be the kick up the arse the government needs to give the country decent facilities and to give kids the chance to excel instead of knocking the competitiveness out of them - not to mention giving a boost to what is one of the poorest parts of the entire country.

If they can bring the thing in within a reasonable budget, the council tax increase will work out at 38p per household for the next ten years. I think the benefits and jobs created will be worth that.

Then again, whether they can organise it efficiently in order to come anywhere close to that figure is another argument entirely.
July 7th, 2005 06:53 AM
Gazza
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Not entirely. Certain events will be held in his backyard despite his living in another nation

I'll kick your ass for that!!
July 7th, 2005 06:54 AM
Voodoo Scrounge You know what our government is like mate. They predict it will cost 3.5 bilion. Its bound to be more than 10
July 7th, 2005 07:18 AM
glencar All govts are like that!
July 7th, 2005 07:39 AM
Gazza
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
You know what our government is like mate. They predict it will cost 3.5 bilion. Its bound to be more than 10

yes, and going by the delays with the Wembley project, we can expect the Olympic Stadium and Olympic Park to be completed sometime around 2025
July 7th, 2005 07:52 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I'll kick your ass for that!!

for the truth? next time look at that bottle of Bushmills and tell me of what nation it is a product---hint, it does not say 'Britain' or 'England'

July 7th, 2005 08:01 AM
glencar BTW The US Network news shows showed an incredible anti-French bias whilst talking about London's victory. It's not just US conservatives who loathe the French.
July 7th, 2005 08:10 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
glencar wrote:
BTW The US Network news shows showed an incredible anti-French bias whilst talking about London's victory. It's not just US conservatives who loathe the French.

I see the French (literally)standing behind Blair this morning along with 'W' as he speaks....increasingly this looks like the West versus Islam as the latter chooses to be driven by force alone
July 7th, 2005 08:12 AM
Gazza
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

for the truth? next time look at that bottle of Bushmills and tell me of what nation it is a product---hint, it does not say 'Britain' or 'England'

I live in the real world, not a fantasy land. If I want 'truth', I'll rely more on hard evidence like what government I work for, what currency I use, who I pay tax to, who the head of state is, what legal system I live under and other minor issues such as the democratic wishes of what most of the people want - not what some foreigner insists that my nationality should be based on what he reads on a whisky bottle of a company that originated pre-partition.

Toodle-pip!
July 7th, 2005 08:13 AM
Gazza
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

I see the French (literally)standing behind Blair this morning along with 'W' as he speaks....increasingly this looks like the West versus Islam as the latter chooses to be driven by force alone

pity it takes something like that, though.

It wont last.
July 7th, 2005 08:19 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I live in the real world, not a fantasy land. If I want 'truth', I'll rely more on hard evidence like what government I work for, what currency I use, who I pay tax to, who the head of state is, what legal system I live under and other minor issues such as the democratic wishes of what most of the people want - not what some foreigner insists that my nationality should be based on what he reads on a whisky bottle of a company that originated pre-partition.

Toodle-pip!

it's based on a little more than that as you full well know...anyway, not the time....if London is your capital for you, so be it and may all be safe there and vengeance be swiftly delivered to its defilers

this topic shall be shelved by me for a while

Best
July 7th, 2005 08:23 AM
Gazza
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

it's based on a little more than that as you full well know...anyway, not the time....if London is your capital for you, so be it and may all be safe there and vengeance be swiftly delivered to its defilers

this topic shall be shelved by me for a while

Best

A genuine thanks, Sean for your good wishes - not the time, as you say. But as far as I'm concerned, this site isnt the place for it either.

Slainte

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)