ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Rehearsing babies rehearsing...
Arriving to the first rehearsals for the tour - Greenwood School Today
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with many many thank yous!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: LONDON 2012 !!!! (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 6th, 2005 07:50 AM
Gazza London got the Olympics!

woo-hoo!!
July 6th, 2005 07:56 AM
albert any change the stones will perform .... (just joking)
July 6th, 2005 08:06 AM
Gazza well..its scheduled to start just after the 50th anniversary of their first ever gig, so why not!
[Edited by Gazza]
July 6th, 2005 08:29 AM
Jumacfly congrats my brit friends!!
I m happy for ya, and didn t care about Paris to be honest...
cheers
Ju
July 6th, 2005 08:49 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Im gutted. I live in London and didnt want the Olympics. Council tax and other taxes will definately rise.

Londoners will pay for it

Bah Humbug
July 6th, 2005 08:59 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Im gutted. I live in London and didnt want the Olympics. Council tax and other taxes will definately rise.

Bah Humbug

Come to Paris, Madrid, Moscow or New York
July 6th, 2005 09:00 AM
Monkey Woman Wow! Congrats to all Brits and especially Londoners!

To be honest, I'm relieved Paris didn't get the games. As I live there, I wouldn't have liked the raise in taxes and tourist attendance! There's enough of a throng every summer already.
July 6th, 2005 09:09 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Wow! Congrats to all Brits and especially Londoners!

To be honest, I'm relieved Paris didn't get the games. As I live there, I wouldn't have liked the raise in taxes and tourist attendance! There's enough of a throng every summer already.

Hi Irene

I jsut come back from les eurockéennes de Belfort, and guess what: Cali is a great performer...catch him live, my advice of the day
July 6th, 2005 09:20 AM
Madafaka Another excuse to travel to London! Congrats!
July 6th, 2005 09:22 AM
albert Hi Jumacfly,

just a question since you are from France:

any other suggestions for France bands that have the power to end a (Dutch) festival with a party.

two years ago I booked Les Marvellous Pig Noise (Very good swinging blues from Montpellier).
Now looking at Babylon Circus.

Suggestions are most welcome.

gr,
Albert Holland
July 6th, 2005 09:42 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
albert wrote:
Hi Jumacfly,

just a question since you are from France:

any other suggestions for France bands that have the power to end a (Dutch) festival with a party.

two years ago I booked Les Marvellous Pig Noise (Very good swinging blues from Montpellier).
Now looking at Babylon Circus.

Suggestions are most welcome.

gr,
Albert Holland

MPG! pride of Montpellier my sweet town!!!
try "ceux qui marchent debout","stevo's teen","roultaboul et les banaboos","marcel et son orchestre"....all these bands are kind of Ska Fanfare, very punchy!!

cheers

Ju
July 6th, 2005 09:56 AM
Gazza
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Im gutted. I live in London and didnt want the Olympics. Council tax and other taxes will definately rise.

Bah Humbug

I'd imagine we'll all pay for it, although I can certainly understand why locals have at best mixed feelings about it.

Look on the bright side. We might finally get a transport system thats better than that of a third world country.

From a purely personal point of view, I'm happy as Belfast is one of the cities that will be used as a football venue and this practically cements the plans for us finally getting a national stadium to replace the one we currently have and which my own club, Linfield, own the lease for international games. So, a nice pay-off for us and we can move to a new, more affordable and smaller stadium.

My own major misgiving is my complete lack of faith in our government to organise as much as a piss up in a brewery without it spiralling over budget and behind schedule

[Edited by Gazza]
July 6th, 2005 11:14 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Dont egt me wrong. From a sporting point of view it will be a massive success. Its just the thing we need to get our fat bastard offspring into ALL types of sport.

However. I do feel that Londoners will bare the brunt of the financial implications. Thats not to say that other wont aswel. It just gives the government an excuse to raise taxes and the like.

I think that the transport system isnt really a problem. They wont need to build that much more railway or tunnel. But they will nedd to update stations and exsisting lines. Thats where there could be problems. Delays to commuters will annoy them and make them wish we never had the bloody games at all.

Tourism will go bang in the biggest way. Bigger than ever before. It will eventually cause MORE cars in the city. Thus making to congestion charge a worthless scheme. Everything will be outragously overpriced by shopkeepers and the like.

The list goes on.

WHAT THE FUCK WAS WRONG WITH PARIS????
July 6th, 2005 12:26 PM
jb Congrats!!!! I was hoping for New York after what they have been through, but I am happy for our English friends as well.
July 6th, 2005 12:29 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:

the givenchy suits especially made for this occasion may be??
July 6th, 2005 12:32 PM
jb lol
July 6th, 2005 12:33 PM
Gazza
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:

maybe the I.O.C. reckoned our food was better.
July 6th, 2005 12:36 PM
Soldatti Congrats to all the brits.
July 6th, 2005 12:46 PM
rogerriffin Congratulations Gazza!!!

now we can dream on the 50th anniversary of the Rolling Stones in the London Games!!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 6th, 2005 12:53 PM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
Gazza wrote:

maybe the I.O.C. reckoned our food was better.

But he still rates Finland's cuisine above yours ! NOT.
July 6th, 2005 12:55 PM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
Mr Jimmy wrote:

But he still rates Finland's cuisine above yours ! NOT.

I was referring to Chirac and his food comment at the G8, and not the I.O.C.

Congratulations on the games.
July 6th, 2005 12:59 PM
lotsajizz careful what you wish for
July 6th, 2005 02:40 PM
glencar Congrats on the Gams, Gazza. I was hoping that NYC would get them as it just seemed time although chances are I'll be living elsewhere by then anyway. Please improve the English food by 2012!
July 6th, 2005 02:45 PM
Nellcote The tone for France was set in place by Bill O'Reilly..
July 6th, 2005 03:37 PM
Gazza
quote:
Mr Jimmy wrote:

I was referring to Chirac and his food comment at the G8, and not the I.O.C.

Chirac's little dig a couple of days ago was indeed the source for my sarcastic remark..lol
July 6th, 2005 04:08 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Chirac's little dig a couple of days ago was indeed the source for my sarcastic remark..lol

Ha! Our dear president missed an occasion to keep his mouth shut.

If you ask me, it was Johnny Hallyday's support that killed Paris!

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
July 6th, 2005 04:15 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Look on the bright side. We might finally get a transport system thats better than that of a third world country.

Certainly a desirable outcome!

quote:
My own major misgiving is my complete lack of faith in our government to organise as much as a piss up in a brewery without it spiralling over budget and behind schedule

Nah, don't say that. I trust the British to be able to organize even a piss up in the deep of Saudi Arabian desert.

But if you want good organizing, I'd suggest the Italians. The way they handled the arrival of multitudes at John Paul II's deathwatch and funeral at such short notice was very impressive.
July 6th, 2005 04:34 PM
Honky Tonk Man Christ, I'll be 28 when the Olympics hit London!
July 6th, 2005 05:00 PM
glencar That's younger than it seems!
July 6th, 2005 06:03 PM
Gazza
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
But if you want good organizing, I'd suggest the Italians. The way they handled the arrival of multitudes at John Paul II's deathwatch and funeral at such short notice was very impressive.

oh we're the masters at state occasions, MW - we have enough experience of them, even the ones at short notice like Di's funeral

But give us several years to get something right, and I guarantee a fuck up to end all fuck ups
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)