ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Rehearsing babies rehearsing...
Arriving to the first rehearsals for the tour - Greenwood School Today
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with many many thank yous!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What are the chances of a string of shows Return to archive
July 5th, 2005 01:42 PM
JesusMe at Beacon theatre? the Stones are scheduled for nothing from
Sept 16th to Sept 24th, how about a run of lets say 4 or 5 shows at the Beacon Theatre? If they just play 1 show it is completly useless because tickets will be impossible to get
July 5th, 2005 01:47 PM
voodoopug
quote:
JesusMe wrote:
at Beacon theatre? the Stones are scheduled for nothing from
Sept 16th to Sept 24th, how about a run of lets say 4 or 5 shows at the Beacon Theatre? If they just play 1 show it is completly useless because tickets will be impossible to get

They will not play a string of shows at a club, not their style. I say zero chance. They enjoy making the club shows "tough to get into" as it gives them a very special feeling.
July 5th, 2005 01:54 PM
JesusMe yea but they should try something different, it is getting old the same shtick they do, and plus the tour really isnt selling well so maybe a string of shows like this might kick the demand up...
July 5th, 2005 02:04 PM
voodoopug
quote:
JesusMe wrote:
yea but they should try something different, it is getting old the same shtick they do, and plus the tour really isnt selling well so maybe a string of shows like this might kick the demand up...

there is little to no profit in running club shows unless they use a $1500 tickte price as i have suggested. This will not kick demand up, only force the band to work too many "free dates"

We will see a limited number of club dates, no major changes after 42+ years of touring.
July 5th, 2005 02:56 PM
gimmekeef My bet is still no club shows...I know what Cohl said..but he also bs'd about ticket prices....That was done to sell the DVD last time....THIS IS ALL ABOUT THE $$$ and there aint any in a 2000 seater....
July 5th, 2005 03:23 PM
Gazza
quote:
JesusMe wrote:

as much chance as that of Brian rejoining the band

Its not "completely useless" if youre one of the lucky 2 or 3 thousand to get in but a string of shows in one venue is for the reasons that pug says above

There wont be more than about three or four theatre shows on the whole US tour.
[Edited by Gazza]
July 5th, 2005 03:28 PM
jb The tickets sales are as flat as I've ever seen them for a Stones concert...Keith always says we'll play as long as them come, well keith, this may be your last hurrah....
July 5th, 2005 03:54 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
The tickets sales are as flat as I've ever seen them for a Stones concert...Keith always says we'll play as long as them come, well keith, this may be your last hurrah....

You're always such a downer...
July 5th, 2005 04:01 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:

You're always such a downer...

And the rest odf the people are so uppity?
July 5th, 2005 04:40 PM
glencar
quote:
JesusMe wrote:

NIL!
July 5th, 2005 04:45 PM
telecaster
quote:
glencar wrote:

NIL!

You guys keep forgetting about Charlie

He isn't up for that many shows anymore

If he is going to do a show why not pick up a cool
$Mil compared to $30,000?
July 5th, 2005 04:47 PM
JesusMe maybe after this tour is over the Stones can lose there stupid management and try to get back to there roots, and just play a bunch of shows at clubs and make sure the fans will get in and no tickets will go to brokers, I mean what the hell do they need all this money for? And wouldnt they enjoy playing a club rather then a 80,000 seat stadium?
July 5th, 2005 04:50 PM
glencar
quote:
telecaster wrote:

You guys keep forgetting about Charlie

He isn't up for that many shows anymore

Tele, he's committed to a tour so I have a feeling he'll show up wherever he's flown/driven to. But I don't think Mick wants to do it. I'd love a string of shows at the Garden. It's been years since that's been done.
July 5th, 2005 04:52 PM
telecaster
quote:
JesusMe wrote:
maybe after this tour is over the Stones can lose there stupid management and try to get back to there roots, and just play a bunch of shows at clubs and make sure the fans will get in and no tickets will go to brokers, I mean what the hell do they need all this money for? And wouldnt they enjoy playing a club rather then a 80,000 seat stadium?

So you will go to work today for 3 cents on the dollar?

July 5th, 2005 04:55 PM
telecaster
quote:
glencar wrote:

Tele, he's committed to a tour so I have a feeling he'll show up wherever he's flown/driven to. But I don't think Mick wants to do it. I'd love a string of shows at the Garden. It's been years since that's been done.

I hear ya Glencar

Remember, Charlie and Mick are the hardest working people in the band

Charles never gets a break

I fear he feels worse then he is letting on

I am sure his wife ain't so happy about this either
July 5th, 2005 04:55 PM
glencar
quote:
JesusMe wrote:
maybe after this tour is over the Stones can lose there stupid management and try to get back to there roots, and just play a bunch of shows at clubs and make sure the fans will get in and no tickets will go to brokers, I mean what the hell do they need all this money for? And wouldnt they enjoy playing a club rather then a 80,000 seat stadium?

The only way to cut back on the tix brokers is to maintain high tix prices which we all squawk about.
July 5th, 2005 04:56 PM
glencar
quote:
telecaster wrote:

I hear ya Glencar

Remember, Charlie and Mick are the hardest working people in the band

Charles never gets a break

I fear he feels worse then he is letting on

I am sure his wife ain't so happy about this either

I'm just glad he hasn't been roped into appearing on "Kept." Bill Wyman looked like a fool.
July 5th, 2005 04:59 PM
JesusMe
quote:
telecaster wrote:

So you will go to work today for 3 cents on the dollar?

at this point do you think money matters to the Rolling Stones? there great great great great great grand kids will be set for live
July 5th, 2005 05:04 PM
telecaster
quote:
JesusMe wrote:

at this point do you think money matters to the Rolling Stones? there great great great great great grand kids will be set for live

Hell yes it matters

So you are saying you will go to work tomorrow for 3 percent of what you could go to work for?

Doubt it

The Stones don't break even until about the 25th show on their US tour
July 5th, 2005 08:07 PM
Soldatti
quote:
JesusMe wrote:
there great great great great great grand kids will be set for live

Very true.
July 5th, 2005 08:37 PM
jb
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Very true.

The spendthrift trut must be used!!!!!!!!!!!
July 6th, 2005 03:38 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
JesusMe wrote:
Sept 16th to Sept 24th, how about a run of lets say 4 or 5 shows at the Beacon Theatre?

what makes you think the Stones would have any interest in pulling off a string of epic shows that would quite possibly go down as one of the most extraordinary stands in their fabled history when they can simply just run around the country miking their fans by playing bloated stadium shows instead???
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)