ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Rehearsing babies rehearsing...
Arriving to the first rehearsals for the tour - Greenwood School Today
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with many many thank yous!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: JB freebased in his 20's Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
July 3rd, 2005 12:57 AM
gypsy
quote:
kath wrote:
OOO SOMA WAS ONE OF MY FAVORITES, TOO

AND pancho's...O DEAR GAWD! WASN'T THAT THE PLACE WHERE YOU RAISED THE FLAG FOR MORE FOOD? THEY WERE AWFUL!!!

that's a nice combo you had there, ms gypsy ma'am. going to pancho's that night would have been a big mistake.....

I have an entire bottle of Somas right now. If you were here, I'd give you a few without hesitation. My only complaint is that the effect doesn't last long enough. I'd like to walk around with an IV drip of Soma to get through each day. Anesthetizing one's self is very underrated. I think everyone should do it. And, Tom Cruise, if you read this, go to hell.
July 3rd, 2005 01:12 AM
Bloozehound what the hell are somas, are they powerful stuff ?
July 3rd, 2005 01:25 AM
sirmoonie I figured it was an Huxley-ish joke.

Is there really Soma??? Someone send me a fucking bucket of them! STAT!
July 3rd, 2005 01:28 AM
kath well gypsy, you have my address! i'd LOVE some SOMA!!!

as for tom cruise (or as i call him "rat faced boy") is a moron. he said he's read "all the research"??? BULLSHIT!!!! fuckin' impossible! just wait til he knocks up that little teeny bopper he's engaged to and she goes postal after she has a rat faced baby!!!
July 3rd, 2005 01:51 AM
Bloozehound the other night some buds came over with a 16th of the "scama"

looks real shiny, real pure not much cut, shit was off the hook, all we had to do were key bumps, sat on the back patio playin texas hold'em, key'in and drink'in the night away.
July 3rd, 2005 01:53 AM
gypsy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I figured it was an Huxley-ish joke.

Is there really Soma??? Someone send me a fucking bucket of them! STAT!

Yes, Soma really does exist. The generic name is Carisoprodol.
They're muscle relaxers...and they're so good, they named a mattress after them.
[Edited by gypsy]
July 3rd, 2005 01:58 AM
gypsy
quote:
kath wrote:
well gypsy, you have my address! i'd LOVE some SOMA!!!

as for tom cruise (or as i call him "rat faced boy") is a moron. he said he's read "all the research"??? BULLSHIT!!!! fuckin' impossible! just wait til he knocks up that little teeny bopper he's engaged to and she goes postal after she has a rat faced baby!!!

Why I would NEVER do something like that, kath! *wink*

I've never really gotten Tom's "appeal," whatever that may be. He is definitely not good-looking. Plus, he's short. Ewww! And now he's all of a sudden a medical genius of some kind. I doubt he'll knock Katie up, kath. Thank God Tom has been rendered sterile.
July 3rd, 2005 02:09 AM
Bloozehound I think Cruise is a homo, I've always thought theres something weird about the guy, and its starting to become really obvious

July 3rd, 2005 02:09 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Yes, Soma really does exist. The generic name is Carisoprodol.
They're muscle relaxers...and they're so good, they named a mattress after them.
[Edited by gypsy]

Git da fuck....thats totally insane. S-O-M-A? Ess Oh Em Ay. As in Brave New World? That is too fucking funny. Some marketing dude with a sense of humor. Or we really have gone done the TV-tube in this country.

Listen Doc, you gotta help me, Bonesie. I need some of those whatcha call.....uh, Microdots. Yeah, Microdots for my athlete's foot. Yeahhhhhhh, Doc....... whaaaaa.... yeahhhahaaahhashasdhashdka ef fwe .wq ifg nbsdn n,b sfkj hkahk dkjh ASJASDK KJKAN,MW R UO R.......oh yeahhhhhhhhhhh
July 3rd, 2005 07:13 AM
jb I now limit my intake to Straberry Daiquiris with whipped cream...refreshng, delicious, and fun to make in the Jack Lalane juicer.
July 3rd, 2005 07:28 AM
pdog
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
ever pop a tab of acId and a tab of XtC together

iTs gR0oVy BaBy

Candyflips... Yum!
My drug history reads the the encyclopedia britanica!
Sweet euphoric recall.
July 3rd, 2005 07:36 AM
glencar One night out in California I did a bunch of good stuff & then ate at a Mexican restaurant & then puked my guts out whilst on "The Scrambler" at Santa Cruz. I betcha it was a "Pancho's"! I don't recall a flag for more food but I was pretty fucked up. I remember getting really paranoid on the log flume ride.
July 3rd, 2005 01:34 PM
kath i remember eating some mescaline and going to "6 flags over texas"...that was a gastrointestinal booboo....i puked out the window of the car as we were pulling into the parking lot and some poor guy was directing us where to park (got his shoes)...THEN i went on the rides....i left a trail of mescaline puke all over the park..but boy..did i get off!!!!
July 3rd, 2005 01:35 PM
kath hey josh, don't tell anybody that we get along fine on the weekends, it'll ruin my rep!!!
July 3rd, 2005 02:23 PM
jb
quote:
kath wrote:
hey josh, don't tell anybody that we get along fine on the weekends, it'll ruin my rep!!!

Maybe that's what has been missing all along!!!
July 3rd, 2005 02:30 PM
kath weekends??? no, there have been weekends, you just weren't online ......

July 3rd, 2005 02:52 PM
FPM C10
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Git da fuck....thats totally insane. S-O-M-A? Ess Oh Em Ay. As in Brave New World? That is too fucking funny. Some marketing dude with a sense of humor. Or we really have gone done the TV-tube in this country.

Exactly! I had the same reaction when I first heard about soma, but that was in the 80s - you been outta the loop, Moonie!

My cool band from the 80s, Friction, fell apart mainly because our singer got addicted to 'em and they turned him into an idiot. Now we're rehearsing for our 25th anniversary and he's been clean for years- it's so great to be able to have a conversation with him again! And for him to be able to remember the words he wrote, not pick fights with audience members, not wreck his car on the way home,etc.

So my own take on it: soma=bad medicine

Unfortunately I've been having back spasms since my wreck and of course soma would fix that a bit, but I can't bring myself to take them.
July 3rd, 2005 03:12 PM
pdog Coming down off cocaine really sucks. Everyone has to find their own way to cushion the crash. I reccomend heroin, the only problem is you can get strung out on the heroin and then need cocaine to keep you awake!

FYI, don't use any kind of vegetable oil as a personal lubricant...

July 3rd, 2005 03:46 PM
gypsy
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Exactly! I had the same reaction when I first heard about soma, but that was in the 80s - you been outta the loop, Moonie!

My cool band from the 80s, Friction, fell apart mainly because our singer got addicted to 'em and they turned him into an idiot. Now we're rehearsing for our 25th anniversary and he's been clean for years- it's so great to be able to have a conversation with him again! And for him to be able to remember the words he wrote, not pick fights with audience members, not wreck his car on the way home,etc.

So my own take on it: soma=bad medicine

Unfortunately I've been having back spasms since my wreck and of course soma would fix that a bit, but I can't bring myself to take them.

I've never had a problem with Soma. He must have been taking a lot. I only take one or two a day if needed.
I had a bad car accident years ago, and have had six jaw surgeries, and my masseter muscle can go into deep spasm. I love Soma. It makes me feel "normal" - healthy. I wouldn't take them if I didn't nead them. I just don't have an addictive personality. I don't drink or smoke. I do like a bit of coke though.
July 3rd, 2005 03:54 PM
Stonesthrow Gypsy-- Are there different strengths of SOMA? I got some down in Mexico several years back. It didn't do a thing. I do have a rather active metabolism which may be the reason. I've even taken Demerol tablets (prescribed for that particular injury so they were perfectly legal) which had very little effect on me as well.
July 3rd, 2005 03:57 PM
gypsy
quote:
Stonesthrow wrote:
Gypsy-- Are there different strengths of SOMA? I got some down in Mexico several years back. It didn't do a thing. I do have a rather active metabolism which may be the reason. I've even taken Demerol tablets (prescribed for that particular injury so they were perfectly legal) which had very little effect on me as well.

Everyone is affected differently by different medications.
I've found that Soma won't work for me unless I eat a few crackers right before taking one. If I take it on an empty stomach, I don't feel a thing.
July 3rd, 2005 04:03 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I've never had a problem with Soma. He must have been taking a lot. I only take one or two a day if needed.
I had a bad car accident years ago, and have had six jaw surgeries, and my masseter muscle can go into deep spasm. I love Soma. It makes me feel "normal" - healthy. I wouldn't take them if I didn't nead them. I just don't have an addictive personality. I don't drink or smoke. I do like a bit of coke though.

Sister cocaine...now you're talking my language! And not the low-grade crap that passes muster for the trailer park crowd.

In my mid-20's I was spending crazy $ on that damn drug. I've scaled way back now, but I still love it. Makes one feel omnipotent - and cocaine/weed combo is among my favorite highs -- escalates pleasure immensely!

Not familiar with SOMA, but I'll hit up my drug-hip buddies back in San Fran and see what's up.
July 3rd, 2005 05:19 PM
kath i love it. i remember years back talking to a friend of mine on the phone and she'd say "hey, i think your SOMA just kicked in"...she could tell by my slurred speech i guess.....

as for coke...i always thought it was a dumb drug, i never got any kick out of it, but i'd always do it if some came along... heroin was my drug of choice. crank in the morning so i could go to work, then heroin throughout the day and night.....

gee, i wonder why i have Hep C......
July 5th, 2005 10:12 AM
FPM C10
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Yeah, he was taking a lot, and it wasn't JUST them, he was taking a variety of downer-type drugs, and drinking heavily on top of them - it's truly amazing he's not dead. I don't know that he was specifically addicted to Soma, it was more like he was cross-addicted to EVERYTHING. Soma was the most notable because he had a genuine back problem so he could always get them. So we would start practice or a gig and everything would be fine and then he would disappear for a bit and 20 minutes later he couldn't remember how to play a G chord.

I just hate shit like that. So many things in my life have been screwed up by OTHER people's drug problems. I've always loved catching a buzz, but I've always known how to handle it too.
July 5th, 2005 06:24 PM
gypsy
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Yeah, he was taking a lot, and it wasn't JUST them, he was taking a variety of downer-type drugs, and drinking heavily on top of them - it's truly amazing he's not dead. I don't know that he was specifically addicted to Soma, it was more like he was cross-addicted to EVERYTHING. Soma was the most notable because he had a genuine back problem so he could always get them. So we would start practice or a gig and everything would be fine and then he would disappear for a bit and 20 minutes later he couldn't remember how to play a G chord.

I just hate shit like that. So many things in my life have been screwed up by OTHER people's drug problems. I've always loved catching a buzz, but I've always known how to handle it too.

I don't smoke cigarettes or pot. I hardly ever touch alcohol; and if I do, I get drunk off of two drinks.
I never even took a Tylenol before my car accident. I would give anything to not have to take the prescriptions that I have. I wait until the last minute (major pain) to take my pills. My doctors get mad at me and tell me to take them before the cycle of pain starts. But I just hate taking pills. I don't like being under the influence of any substance.
July 5th, 2005 06:58 PM
kath under mick's spell???
July 7th, 2005 02:53 AM
Child of the Moon This is a bit late, but I once ate an entire pan of "special" brownies at a friend's house, and the effects took forever to come upon me. Needless to say, when they did, I was in no shape to be living. I can tell you one thing I learned that night: the movie "About a Boy" is probably the longest film in existence!
July 7th, 2005 07:21 AM
glencar LOL It's actually a pretty great movie. Try it sober!
[Edited by glencar]
July 8th, 2005 12:03 PM
Joey " and if I do, I get drunk off of two drinks. "

< ------- You are a cheap date .
July 8th, 2005 12:09 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:
" and if I do, I get drunk off of two drinks. "

< ------- You are a cheap date .

Howe are things going? Is the pool crowded?
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)