ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Rehearsing babies rehearsing...
Arriving to the first rehearsals for the tour - Greenwood School Today
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with many many thank yous!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mod Aid 20 single featuring Ronnie Wood available! Return to archive
May 31st, 2005 08:15 PM
Paul Hooper-Keeley Mod Aid 20 single, "What'cha Gonna Do About It", featuring Ronnie Wood available!

For all of you Rolling Stones fans please note that the Mod Aid 20 single, "What'cha Gonna Do About It", featuring Ronnie Wood (as well as Steve Cradock, PP Arnold, Chris Farlowe etc) is now available on the Biff Bang Pow label (Cat No: BBPCD0002) distributed by F-Minor and featuring the promo video of the studio action. And all for the Band Aid charity and the Tsunami appeal.

http://www.biffbangpow.org.uk/

May 31st, 2005 09:37 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks for posting this here! This is great news

Check the MOD AID 20 Website

This is a set pf recent shots

http://www.modaid20.org/gallery.html

The main website is http://www.modaid20.org

June 1st, 2005 03:48 PM
moy great!
June 2nd, 2005 03:50 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I already ordered it thanks Paul, and thanks for your e-mail; this is a great CD-single and the profit goes for the Band Aid charity and the Tsunami appeal.
June 10th, 2005 03:21 PM
Tom Is this a new recording or an old one?
June 12th, 2005 11:12 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl It was recorded this year, late January in London. The pix above are from the same sessions.

The CD also have a video of the recordings. The "full" track list of this single is as follows:

• What'cha Gonna Do About It - Mod Aid 20
  • Afterglow (of your Love) - Mod Aid 20
  • What'cha Gonna Do About It - Mark Joseph (Acoustic)
  • What'cha Gonna Do About It - CD Enhanced Promotional Video

"What'cha Gonna Do About It" was a Small Faces song and also Steve Marriott used to p´lay it live with his band "Pack of Three" (not sure if Humble Pie too)

Can't wait to receive my copy!
June 12th, 2005 11:13 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
June 17th, 2005 11:55 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
Thanks Lynn!

Backstage with Chris Farlowe
© 1982 Lynn Goldsmith
June 18th, 2005 09:07 PM
Soul Survivor Was it around the time of that picture where Keith's looks changed dramatically to the human/skeleton badass we know today?
June 20th, 2005 05:14 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I received my disc today and it's so fucking great; of course "What'cha gonna do about it" won't ever be the same without Steve Marriott singing it out loud, but PP Arnold kicks serious asses in this version. Woody plays a nice slide here.

The video is great too, it's good to see Chris, PP Arnold, Woody and all others alternating choruses instead of those doing "We are the world", this is unaltered mod music. What a pity Steve and Ronnie Lane can’t be present.

Also some portions of the video include clips from British mods of the 60s, funny stuff.

If you have not bought it yet, do it right now. 100% guarantee and you help a good cause.
June 25th, 2005 12:09 PM
moy I got mine, great stuff HIGHLY recommended
June 29th, 2005 11:32 PM
Bruno Stone Is Ronnie`s guitar audible?
June 29th, 2005 11:53 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Perfect, in both the audio track and the video, he plays slide. In the video you can see clearly when he's playing

I insist, this is a must and you help to a good cause, it will be a collector's item in a near future as no second edition will be made
July 6th, 2005 11:27 AM
Lazy Bones Ordered mine. Reviews are encouraging. Anxious...
July 8th, 2005 04:15 PM
erikjjf The video:

http://www.rinaldisings.com/features/modaid_vid_03072005.php
July 9th, 2005 03:30 PM
JaggerLips Yet another Stonesian thing I want to own!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)