ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Longleat House, Warminster - August 2, 1964
The only open-air concert in the whole year

Photo by Vic Crawshaw
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN MACLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie seriously ill ? Return to archive
07-01-02 07:11 AM
L&A I heard yesterday on radio that Ronnie seems to be seriously ill, and that his participation to the tour is not yet confirmed...
Someone any news ?
07-01-02 09:10 AM
nankerphelge I'm not surprised -- that pic of him in Paris -- he looked really gaunt and drawn.
07-01-02 06:42 PM
Ken
quote:
L&A wrote:
I heard yesterday on radio that Ronnie seems to be seriously ill,

Would you care to share the radio stations call letters that you heard this on?
[Edited by Ken]
[Edited by Ken]
07-01-02 06:51 PM
Gazza isnt that rumour about 3 months old and was subsequently proved wrong by his appearance at the press conference in may?

Check the old archives
07-01-02 07:42 PM
L&A I don't think. The station in Belgium is Radio 21 (national) and the speaker was Marc Isaye, who is presenting sinds 20 years the "Classic Rock". He is also the drum-player of of Machiavel, a Belgium band (maybe you know it from the 8O'). This guy knows a lot, as he has personal contacts with most of "classic" rockstars (Led Zep, Who, Genesis, Peter Gabriel, Yes,...), otherwise I would not talk about it today.
Maybe I try to contact him by mail to ask for more information... and I keep you informed.
07-01-02 11:55 PM
bluesgirl L&A you are absolute right, it isn't just rumours. Ron is not in a good condition, the band decided that he should follow as long as possible.

Anyone remembering the London concert he played earlier this year, showed everything, and the treatment is way too short for the condition he was in.

Of course, we hope in miracles - and want to see Ron on stage again with Stones - time will show for how long.

07-02-02 12:50 AM
Child of the Moon They should just get Neil Young. That's my opinion.
07-02-02 08:12 AM
TomL Fuck the rumors. Lets rock.
07-03-02 04:28 PM
Goddess417
quote:
TomL wrote:
Fuck the rumors. Lets rock.

I agree with you Tom L. Rumors seem to always start up before the tour. I am sure Ron Wood will be fine for the tour.
07-03-02 04:33 PM
letitloose
We need Ronnie.........he's so great.

On with the show!!

07-03-02 04:54 PM
Joey Cool Avatar !!!!
07-03-02 11:22 PM
Maxlugar Cuddle up Joey!

Ronnie has a nice sound !!

The Pump!!!

Freeway Jam!!

El Maxo!!

Max's Bolero!

Maxy!
07-04-02 12:18 AM
Maxmeister
quote:
Goddess417 wrote:

I agree with you Tom L. Rumors seem to always start up before the tour. I am sure Ron Wood will be fine for the tour.

A Stones tour without rumors has never existed. Ronny's problem is textbook fodder this go around. Unfortunately, I'm sure we'll hear a lot worse than this.
I understand the boys will be showing in Toronto in late July. That's when this one will be put to rest.

Rick

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road