ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Longleat House, Warminster - August 2, 1964
The only open-air concert in the whole year

Photo by Vic Crawshaw
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN MACLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Contest!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
07-03-02 12:46 AM
KeepRigid Dear Lord!

KRsL has done it!

"Three words or less"- you can get no more less than his entry!

I KNEW not to question him when he watched that Bruce Lee special twice tonight!

The Art of Effortless Posting!

And suddenly I understood when he looked at me and nodded, "Be water, Keep. Be water. Solid."

07-03-02 12:48 AM
Martha
Takes me Away
07-03-02 02:51 AM
Prodigal Son Tight-pants Mick in his prime
07-03-02 06:57 AM
stonedinaustralia when's the deadline...i'm tempted to change my mind... what the i'll do it anyway and once again specific to IG (wow!!... there's an acronym!!)

coincidentally, thanks again to spinal tap and this time only two words:

HELL HOLE

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
07-03-02 11:28 AM
56DeSoto vocational miscue

Amanda
56DeSoto
www.edithgrove.com
07-03-02 04:34 PM
Sir Stonesalot Deadline is 2000 hours tonight, eastern standard time.

Many good entries. I will first have to publicly humiliate all those who did not participate in the true spirit of this contest though...
07-03-02 07:09 PM
KeepRigid 2000 hours?

What is that, next monday?

(And now it is I who offer apologies to Tufnel and Co.)
07-03-02 08:27 PM
Sir Stonesalot VoodooChile, moy, SDH, riverrat, complicated, Miss U, and Martha.

You did not play this game in the spirit in which it was intended.

Can you not read simple instructions?

I would say you all are retarded, but I don't wish to insult the retards.

Call Dr. Frankenstein...you need your brain back!

Your Father was a hampster, and your Mother smells of eldeberries!

Sooooooooooo....

You are all officially disqualified from this contest!

For SHAME!

(The above insults are meant in the most jovial of terms. Think Don Rickles...you hockey pucks!)
07-03-02 08:51 PM
Sir Stonesalot There were lots of good entries for this contest. Some of them were similar, and cancelled each other out. It took me seconds...nay, MINUTES to narrow it down to a winner.

The winner is a very cool dude, who knows good music. And obviously he knows crappy music when he hears it as well....

The winner of "Steel Wheels Tokyo" is.......

NASTY HABITS

His entry of "Worse Than Goddess" struck an open g with me.

Nasty Ramone email Stoney Ramone @ [email protected]

Congrats Nasty Habits! Thanks to everyone else for playing. And this is for the ding dongs who could not follow instructions properly....Phhhhhhthhhhhbbbbbbbbbbbbbllllllllllrrrrttttttttt!(That is me blowing a fart in your general direction).

07-03-02 10:36 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Boooooooooooooooooooooo!
07-03-02 10:49 PM
Nasty Habits Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo? Is my surprising dark horse victory being booooooooooooooooooooooooooooed by one of the Unholy Trinity?

Well boooooooooooooooooooooooooo friggin' hoooooooooooooooo!

WOO! YEAH! ALL RIGHT!

It's my knight in cold blue steel, coming to my musical rescue!

WOO! YEAH! ALL RIGHT!

No cruising the gay bars and moving to the west side of town for Nasty, he's all man!

WOO! YEAH! ALL RIGHT!

Send it to me!

At risk of disqualification I would like to go on record and say that I do NOT think that Emotional Rescue is worse than Goddess but I KNEW that this was the sure winner.

I'd like to thank Sir Stones for this auspicious honor and hope Voooooooooooooooooooooooodooooooooooooooooo gets bent.

Nasty Victorious

07-03-02 10:56 PM
BILL PERKS THAT ENTRY SUCKED!I KNOW NOW I MUST PLAY TO THE SIR STONESALOTS SENTIMENTS WHEN THE DESECRATION OF MY BELOVED DIRTY WORK STARTS!
07-03-02 11:06 PM
Nasty Habits Yep. Sucking up to the judges is the only way to get the cheddar. You don't have to mean it, you just have to say it anyway. . .
07-03-02 11:08 PM
Sir Stonesalot You would be correctamundo Billyboy! The key to winning these things is to remember who the judge, jury, and executioner is....

I make no secret about that. Fair? Probably not, but it's my game, and I'll run it however I see fit.
07-03-02 11:16 PM
Martha In attempt to redeem my insulted personhood even tho' meant in the side-ribbing tone of Don Rickles on Letterman...I knew my entry did not follow the instructions...yet it was the only thing that I could attach ER to in my life experience....I simply couldn't think of anything in the vein of crappiness that had not already been said. So I will take a certain pride in being recognized as (one of) a dolt who cannot read/follow directions.

When do we play again?

And yes,
Congrats to the winner!
07-03-02 11:17 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl BTW, Nasty Habits is also the winner of the best place in the "We're only in it for the money" photo, and the ONLY ONE with more than just his face LOL... can you find him

07-03-02 11:38 PM
Fiji Joe Man, I didn't get my entry in...

Fiji's White Album
07-03-02 11:50 PM
Sir Stonesalot Ohhhhhhhh...toooo BAD, Feej. That would have been the winner too.

Oh well, better luck next time.

And there will be a next time....Mid-July probably.
07-04-02 12:05 AM
littleredrooster What a RIP!!!!!
Sir Stones is OFFICIALLY off my '72 MSG film list!!!

RECOUNT!!!!
Were the votes tallyed in West Palm Beach County???
07-04-02 03:07 AM
Yyteri Beach Emotional Rescue is not so bad than f.e. Dirty Work.

"Not Crap, Interesting"

07-04-02 11:43 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
BTW, Nasty Habits is also the winner of the best place in the "We're only in it for the money" photo, and the ONLY ONE with more than just his face LOL... can you find him

Look at that dork! My god is he drunk!

07-05-02 02:10 AM
Cant Catch Me Shit! Son of a bitch, I can't believe the contest's over, what a mother fucking drag and, oh, congratulations Nasty Habits! Enjoy the prize, it's a good one.

I spent all damn day finely tuning my entry, though, continually honing and refining it, shortening it to its bare all-powerful essence, and even if the contest's over, bitch, bitch, moan, moan, I'm going to post it.

Emotional Rescue sucks so bad because it is:

Public self fellatio
Page: 1 2 3

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road