ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Longleat House, Warminster - August 2, 1964
The only open-air concert in the whole year

Photo by Vic Crawshaw
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN MACLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Digital transfer of a MSG July 25, 1972 film to VCD: Cover, standstills and videclip inside Return to archive
06-23-02 03:06 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I'm making a cool project, I�m transferring a film provided by littleredrooster to a digital format, the original video is great the colours are so vivid, that is something to watch, real great, focus, colours, image, etc is PERFECT!

I already transferred it to VHS and VCD format but the image has high gloss when using the Ambico system and the image is not clear when filming from the projection to a high white titanium dioxide / opaline paper.

I think that maybe a light filter can help but I�m not sure which one or what other option can be used to improve this treasure.

This is an image of my studio, you can see the hardware I�m using.

Please help, as you can see this is a cool project and some stand-stills will be used as header as approved by lil red rooooooooooooooooooooooooooster!

Yesterday I was trying to mix the sound, but I was goin' nuts! LOL
06-23-02 04:08 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl BTW, I'm using the Ambico Mixer and Video Enhancer V-6310, not shown in the image above, with No satisfaction!!
06-23-02 05:40 PM
littleredrooster Full speed ahead, Dr 'G'. I am happy to share this ancient treat with all my fellow Stoneophiles!

The quality IS an amazing archive of that wonderous conclusion to the 1972 Tour of The Americas at MSG NYC.
The film will be 30 years old this July.

It was an experience that I will remember forever.
06-30-02 03:59 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Some stand stills from the first minute of the movie, the gloss is solved, and I?m working on the resolution, in fact the resolution is better in the VCD from the film, some resolution is lost doing the stand stills

06-30-02 04:06 PM
Sir Stonesalot I love you Voodoo & Rooster. In a manly, slap on the back, hearty handshake, brothers-in-arms, kind of way.

Any chance of getting a copy for DVD?

Flea....can you convert VCD to DVD with your new Mac?
06-30-02 04:10 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Next step is having you and FPM mixing the sound as I lost more than 17 man-hours trying to do it without any luck and just going nuts, as I'm not sure the sequences and surely my tape is at different speed, even is if it just slight difference is enough!
06-30-02 04:27 PM
Sir Stonesalot I'll help however I can....but FPM C10 is the guy you need to talk to about the technical stuff....I don't know what his new editing equipment can do.
06-30-02 11:12 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I'll help however I can....but FPM C10 is the guy you need to talk to about the technical stuff....I don't know what his new editing equipment can do.

I just have an iMac and a Sony 2000. I'm pretty new to digital - I have Adobe Premiere and iMovie to edit with, no capabilities to transfer film, and an audio recording program I haven't even installed yet. I'd be glad to give it a go, though! I have had a lot of experience in analog editing, and synching audio especially. Send me the stuff on DV, and the best boot of the show, and we'll see what we come up with.
07-01-02 12:46 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Don't worry it's done and can't be played in any DVD player, as it's in VCD format, also can be played in any computer and I'm gonna upload a very short clip soon.

This is the cover of the VCD as it is stored in a narrow CD case

07-01-02 03:45 AM
Child of the Moon All I have to say is... freakin' awesome.
07-01-02 09:31 AM
Dandelion*
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Don't worry it's done and can't be played in any DVD player, as it's in VCD format, also can be played in any computer and I'm gonna upload a very short clip soon.

Do you mean can or can't?

Is the camera a mini dv camera? If it is you should send FPM a dv clone copy of the tape as well as the VCD since the sound may be better on the tape.

Very interesting little project.
07-01-02 09:50 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Oops I mean CAN, yes it can be played in a DVD LOL, thanks for clarifying it, I was so tired and at the same time happy when I wrote it, that I forgot my spelling

Yes, this VCD can be played on a conventional DVD player.
07-02-02 07:09 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I uploaded a short clip from the film, due to the amount of bytes it requires it's short and with lower resolution. In this scene Mick is about to crash with Bill, but shows good reflex. Is almost 3Mb

http://www.rocksoff.org/msg-july-27-1972-by-littleredrooster-clip-08.mpg
07-02-02 08:13 AM
Maxlugar Thanks Voodoo!!!

Is that the show that Dick Cavett interviewed them before? Nice stuff.

I have the whole Dick Cavett show that featured them.

Mick Taylor is sorely needed back.

So is the jump suit.

Space For the Papa!

07-02-02 08:21 AM
nankerphelge Max I sure hope you got the jumpsuit when it was auctioned on eBay -- you need the suit -- be the suit -- live the suit! Picture you in the limo, wearing the suit. Easy to picture huh?!
07-02-02 12:15 PM
littleredrooster When I shot the film at MSG in 1972,a Super 8mm movie camera was used. This was state of the art in this era.
There was no sound. The shots are primarily done while the Stones were perfoming Brown Sugar, Happy, YCAGWYW, Street Fightin' Man, and All Down The Line.
It would be difficult to sync a particular song to the film. Some live Stones in the background would be best.
Thanks Gerardo for all of your hard work doing the digital transfer.

Roostah
07-02-02 12:28 PM
Ken [quote]VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Don't worry it's done and can't be played in any DVD player, as it's in VCD format,

If I'm not mistaken some DVD players also play VCD's.
Mine isn't one of them. But I do recall this discuss
on another list when we tree'd a VCD of the DoubleDoor.

Ken
07-02-02 12:30 PM
Ken
quote:
I uploaded a short clip from the film, due to the amount of bytes it requires it's short and with lower resolution. In this scene Mick is about to crash with Bill, but shows good reflex. Is almost 3Mb

Nice work!
Did anybody else notice the stage hand pushing Bobby Keys to the front of the stage?
07-02-02 01:27 PM
JaggaRichards July 25, 1972, MSG? Afternoon show? That was my FIRST EVER Stones show!!!!!!!!!!! I gotta have a copy of this! PLEASE!!!
Let me know how!
07-02-02 01:43 PM
T&A So, now that all our appetites are whetted - how are all of us going to get in on this little treasure? Is this VCD gonna be treed or something? I want in!!!!

Tod
07-02-02 01:48 PM
T&A By the way - that's not a stage-hand pushing Bobby, it's Jim Price, the trumpet player.
07-02-02 02:50 PM
stoneslib It appears in the clip that MJ has on the sleeveless white jumpsuit.
If so, that marks it as the *afternoon* show of July 25 (the one featured
in the Cavett footage).

07-02-02 08:34 PM
littleredrooster Yup, The shots from stage left were taken at the matinee
on July 25, 1972.
The close up pictures are from the 2nd row right in front
of Bill Wyman, during the evening show on that same day.
07-02-02 08:43 PM
littleredrooster Regarding copies of my little '72 treat.
You can shower me with gifts of Stones memorabilia, upgrade my seats for some of the fall shows, especially Comiskey. Tickets for the upcoming European club shows are also legal tender.
Or, an admission to the Wiltern show would be a fair trade,
one ticket for me and one for the Voodoo Chile!!

Now that I need an agent for my incipient fortune and fame,
where is jb????????

All offers entertained at [email protected]

Brought to you by tonight's sponsor

THE CHILI ROOSTER ENTERPRISES INC
STONZ R US, North America LTD
All Rights Reserved
[Edited by littleredrooster]
[Edited by littleredrooster]
07-02-02 10:22 PM
Sir Stonesalot Voodoo & Rooster....

I now have a big ol' chubber.

My wife thanks you.
07-03-02 05:19 PM
Ken
quote:
I uploaded a short clip from the film, due to the amount of bytes it requires it's short and with lower resolution. In this scene Mick is about to crash with Bill, but shows good reflex. Is almost 3Mb

Do you mind if I share this clip on my website, with the proper credits of course? It really is a treasure ya know!

Ken
07-03-02 08:40 PM
littleredrooster It's OK with me, Ken.
Share away!!!

I'd transfer the rights for 2 Wiltern tickets!!!!
07-03-02 08:54 PM
Ken
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:
It's OK with me, Ken.
Share away!!!

I'd transfer the rights for 2 Wiltern tickets!!!!

Thanks,
Folks are going to love this!
Sorry I cant help with Wiltern.
But I would like to add that the VIP
packages are supposed to be released as
early as this week on www.musictoday.com.
It's my belief that at some point those
unsold tickets will be released back to the
general public.
Ken
07-03-02 10:09 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Ken wrote:
Do you mind if I share this clip on my website, with the proper credits of course? It really is a treasure ya know!

Of course it's also OK with me Ken, I have seen in the SW5 and Undercover lists that you always give credits and include the source, that's really fine and a good example for some kind of lurkers.

BTW, I do remember a very nice link you posted in the SW% List: Our page for Jimi Hendrix

Spread the word and use as many info as you wish!

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road