ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Longleat House, Warminster - August 2, 1964
The only open-air concert in the whole year

Photo by Vic Crawshaw
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN MACLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: If The Stones are loggin in---pls listen... Return to archive
07-06-02 11:30 PM
hearts4sale #1: I'd like to thank EACH OF YOU for what a wonderful UP feelin you give me-I have to drive 2 hrs each week oneway each time to my work (as a park ranger-NO!I DID NOT start any friggin fires...), and the drive is lonely and dry and hot but the Stones get me thru!) --my hubby cannot understand how I can constantly listen to you guys each week and not tire of you....DOES HE NOT KNOW PERFORMANCE?!??!...art???...damn good writing?!??!?!? Along with phenomenal instrumental playing and GREAT harmonica, etc. etc....

#2: I'd like to thank EACH OF YOU! for the damn hard work you each give in putting together the shows. I have the hardcover book "A Life On The Road", and it's fantastic, it is done thru interviews by Jools Holland and Dora Loewenstein. It really gave me a perspective as to WHAT THE HELL YOU GUYS HAVE TO GO THRU!!!--to give us the best music, the best times at the best concerts (I'm a writer and I'd love to be there with you, just to document it all..but damn sam, you guys really do it to the max..THATS professionalism..)... I suppose words can't express how much we fans enjoy the music you give from your hearts (-other than us yelling and screaming and you only seeing our bobbing heads in the fogged out crowd, still-we're there), cause that's truly what you do -you give it your all, and there are not many-if ANY- bands these daze that do that....we are so very grateful to you for doing what you love best...

#3: I forget...

#4: OH OHOH !!! (sorry, just came off a party on the 4th and wish you were here...we live in a castle in Arizona that we're fixin up to be a B&B..but for now it's a 'party castle'!--ANYWAAAY....:
PLEEEEZE play DANCE from the Emotional Rescue album WHAT
A FANTASTIC DANCE TUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was unbelievable when i pulled out the old 'albums' and played that song at our 4th party.....people were like: Who ISSS this?!??!?! me: 'the stones'...NO WAY>>>> oh ok oh yeaah...doesn't matter: THEY GOT THEIR BONES UP AND FRIGGIN DANCED.......DANCE DANCE DANCE...STRUT YER STUFF....at 43 you need to keep yer muscles a-movin honey........))
AND YOU GUYS ARE MY AEROBIC EXCERSIZE!!!) NO FRIGGIN DOUBT!

AND PLEEEZE play Mixed Emotions...just love those tunes.
(and of course, 'hearts 4 sale'!

oh yeah, and all the others. Damn, everything you guys do is great friggin ROCK AND ROLLLLLLLLL...
I luv the quote I heard Keith say after being asked about going on tour at 'his age': something like, what? still play or go on tour at our age/ shit, people don't retire til 62 so we're not there yet so why quit now??!?!?
to hell with the damn people who say age is a factor.. ROCK RULES AND YOU GUYS ARE THE EPITOME OF WHAT ROCK IS.....
okokok...
I just havta say that my BEST aerobic excersize is accomplished while putting on about 5 of your albums and just dancing my ass off in the living room. My husband looks at me a bit crazy, but, what the hell...ITS ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
07-07-02 12:29 AM
Rescued Great Post!

I love that tune Dance! Hearts for Sale is great too. WXRT in Chicago played Hearts for Sale often when Steel Wheels came out in 1989. It'd been over 3 years since Dirty Work and it was like a splash of cold water to hear the Stones on the radio again with tunes like Terrifying, Almost Hear You Sigh, Rock and a Hard Place, Can't Be Seen, Mixed Emotions, Sad Sad Sad, Hearts for Sale etc.

A favorite Stones memory is hearing Dance Pt.2 on the CKLW AM out of Detroit in 1981 while driving around. God that sounded cool to my 17 year old ears.

Thanks for making my evening.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road