ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Longleat House, Warminster - August 2, 1964
The only open-air concert in the whole year

Photo by Vic Crawshaw
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN MACLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Update on Oldhams book 2Stoned Return to archive
07-03-02 01:45 PM
Jaxx Stones Ex-Manager Relives Sixties

"Stoned-Free" captures Oldham's life during Stones' rise

Aftermath

Former Rolling Stones manager Andrew Loog Oldham has completed 2Stoned, the follow-up to the first installment of his autobiography, Stoned. The book is scheduled for release in the U.K. in October and next spring in North America. A third volume is also in the works.
"I would consider it an audacity to write a book about the Stones," he says. "2Stoned turns out to be more about them because it was the time period that I spent with them," says Oldham, who first saw the Stones play one night in 1963 at Station Hotel in Richmond, a suburb of London, when he was just nineteen.

Stoned chronicles up until the spring of 1964, when the Rolling Stones had broken in Europe, but not yet in America, where the Beatles had successfully invaded. "In a way, the Rolling Stones are standing nervously in the wings waiting their turn," Oldham says of the time period that begins the second volume. "2Stoned runs up to the end of 1967 and all of the drug busts and my departing from them. If Stoned is kind of like Little Women, 2Stoned is In Cold Blood."

Oldham's books capture the vibe of the era, told from his perspective as well as that of some of his peers including Pete Townshend and [British producer] Mickie Most, when he was too strung-out to remember what actually happened. He calls the narrative style "drug cuts," inspired by the approach Jean Stein took with her 1982 biography of tragic Warhol starlet Edie Sedgwick, Edie: The American.

According to Oldham, those years between the end of 2Stoned and the present will be covered in his third book. "Once the Seventies came and I didn't quite have a regular job in music, I seized upon the lifestyle that had been that of my acts," he says, laughing. He says he was "three weeks away from dying" in 1995 when he made the decision to get clean, calling it "without a doubt" his most important achievement.

KAREN BLISS
(July 2, 2002)

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road