ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Longleat House, Warminster - August 2, 1964
The only open-air concert in the whole year

Photo by Vic Crawshaw
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN MACLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: FABL Return to archive Page: 1 2
07-03-02 01:17 PM
Maxlugar My dearest Stonesilicious kin,

Is it not time we finalized who will be riding in my Fantastic Astonishing Black Limousine (FABL) come September? Some day, the children will hear fables about FABL and they will make the Brothers Grimm sound like retards. Yes!

My buddies, even though it will be a stretch, there is only so long you can stretch it! I will be able to fit about ten chosen ones to ride with me. I shall pick up each lucky maggot anywhere in Manhattan. We will cruise the golden paved streets of NYC and fling insults at all the unbelievers of The Drive (Formula = Bill Wyman + Charlie Watts x Keith Richards).

Who will be these chosen ones? There my be a need for a second limo (FABL 2?) Sweet Merciful Cum on a Cracker! (Loads of fun). If so, we'll need to get walkie-talkies so that we will be in constant communication.

Please sign up here. The Rolling Stones themselves will wish they were with us. We can take a group photo with the scared forever New York City Skyline in the background. Life is too short.

I love us. (Except Joey)

Maxlugar
07-03-02 02:04 PM
Joey Don't forget I am driving said Sacred Limo !!!!!

I have got my Vintage WWII ( or was it WWI ? ) Nazi uniform all cleaned and pressed and ready to go for such a glorious occasion .

I also have parties lined up at Pete Townshend and Elton John's Apts.

Yes !!!

" Tie Me Up and Call Me Suzi Ronnie "

Sir Joey

Gimme a J ! J !
Gimme a O ! O !
Gimme a E ! E !
Gimme a Y ! Y !

What's that spell ???? Joey !

Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Joey !

Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Joey !
07-03-02 02:12 PM
nankerphelge Oh you know it. I took my car in to be inspected on Monday and there was a big limo sitting at the dealership -- I looked around and, with no one watching, slipped into the backseat and began my own little NYC FABL fantasy. I pictured us all ditting in the limo, drinking various spirits and smoking some top quality, DNA-modified, THC-fortified, chiba, with a small bon-fire in the middle of the floor or at least a picture of one to harken back to our C10 roots. I wept a small tear for those unable to join us. Then the dealership security guy dragged me out of the car and thrashed me. But it was good while it lasted.

Please count your nanky in!
07-03-02 02:17 PM
Maxlugar OK. So we have 1. Nanky! Yes!
07-03-02 03:33 PM
scope Make that 2. Sign me up. Is there room for me and the misses or do I tell her to get her own ride?

07-03-02 03:40 PM
Maxlugar Hey Scope! I haven't had a chance to reply to you at home as my DSL modem burnt out during on of those terrible storms we had a couple of weeks ago.

Gee, I don't know about the wife thing. There's so many posters here that want to ride this thing. It has taken on a life of it's own! My wife is sitting this one out. She's incubating Maxy 2. Maybe you should knock her up?
07-03-02 03:40 PM
Joey Scopy?????????

Is that you ???? Damn it is good to see your friendly face around these parts .

I would be honored to drive you around NYC !

JJJJJJJJJoey
07-03-02 04:11 PM
Sir Stonesalot I'm up for it....and FPM & Marko The Crazy Bastard will be with me, so you can sign them up as well...
07-03-02 04:26 PM
scope
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
My wife is sitting this one out. She's incubating Maxy 2. Maybe you should knock her up?

Congrats on Maxy 2, but I'm not sure that's the answer for me. I'm just starting to enjoy my freedom. The kid's in college, the dog just passed away (sob), so no ties to hold me back. Now maybe she might come down with a bug of some sort and won't be up for the trek to NYC. Stranger things have happened.
07-03-02 05:44 PM
luxury1 Damn, damn, damn. I am so jealous I can't be in the FABL. But I do plan on painting my tre cool mini-van black, stock it with goodies and tunes to be parked at Giants Stadium. I can squeeze 10 also--it will be tight--do you guys like it tight?
07-03-02 06:29 PM
Jaxx count me in, if you want to get a "mile high", that is. i'll have the gazman with me.
07-03-02 08:11 PM
Gazza You betcha..and youre on my knee if its a tight squeeze in that limo (or even if its not..)
07-03-02 09:07 PM
Sir Stonesalot So, I'm sitting here washing my club. It's shaft is extra long, and very stiff. It's also got an oversized head. My wife likes my club a lot. She likes the tacky feel when she gives it a grip.....yes it's very clean now. Yep, definately need 2 hands for this monster. Made to hit the sweet spot.

What?

It's my new Cobra forged titanium driver....what the hell did you think I was talking about? Get your minds out of the gutter people! This is GOLF for crying out loud!

You bunch of negative vibe merchants!

Maxy, I have good Motorola TalkAbouts that we can use if we need to take 2 Limos. I'll be testing them out on my trip to Myrtle Beach this weekend.

Would it be considered bad manners to blast Handsome Girls on the golf course?
07-03-02 10:00 PM
nanky No, Handsome Girls was originally slated for golf-course-only-play. You should play it very loud and broadcast it over your walkie-talks too, boy!

And yes, I like it tight -- just for the record.
07-03-02 11:18 PM
Maxlugar i love you SS and Nanky.

I'm typing with more heinken than blood right now but:"

It'll be:

Nanky
Sir stonesalot
Scope and maybe wife plante firmly on lap.
Gazza

And who the fuck else?

speak up you stonesian fuck sticks!

Hi! I'm Maxy!
07-04-02 12:01 AM
Maxmeister [quote]Maxlugar wrote:
My dearest Stonesilicious kin,

Please sign up here. The Rolling Stones themselves will wish they were with us. We can take a group photo with the scared forever New York City Skyline in the background. Life is too short.

Maxy,
My airline tickets and concert tickets are in hand. I will be there for the "drive" and more. Cleveland - C10, New York City - NYC? Sharing the Black Limousine with many C10 and more in the great city of New York - pricless.
12 weeks and counting. Oooohh yeah!!!

Rick
07-04-02 11:24 PM
sirmoonie I thought we already did this! This is worse than getting tix thru the "official" site (lol).

Fuck, if there is any room left in that limo, sign my honkey ass up.

Even if there is no room, please tell me that some of you guys are gonna party wid the likes o' me before and after MSG. And Giant Stadie. And hopefully, before and after Roseland. Ahhh, Rosie........be busting a nut, me and SS will......busting a nut. Nut O' Bust.

Anyway,

Maxy, I meant what I said. Material like "air fellatio" is beyond comprehension in this day and hour. Sublime. Sub-fucking-lime. Ethereal, in all respects, something hack posters will NEVER be able to duplicate. That is why they are called "hacks"......

"air fellatio" may be the funniest thing ever spoke/spaken on these boards.

Maxy, you have certain duties to the Drive, whether you choose to accept them or not. Make the right choice. May god bless you.

Second limo? Who will be in NYC? If we get a head count, we can figure out if the 2nd is needed and start talking about cost and how to split the fucker. Just sign up, whether you can contrib funds or not!

HTM/Alex, I just signed you up, because I think you are cool.

Rest of yins? Who's going?
07-04-02 11:42 PM
Sir Stonesalot I know Riffhard and Dandelion are gonna be there too.

SS O'Nut
07-05-02 08:04 AM
nanky Okay it is clear to me we need one of those SUPERSTREEETTTCCHHH limos that hold upwards of 200,000 people. Or 40 people and mucho chiba. Or 40 people alot of chiba and a fair amount of booze. or 40 people, several sheep, chiba, booze and 5-pound butt rocks. Whatever -- but the superstretch is key.
07-05-02 09:14 AM
Maxlugar Oh dear God am I glad I didn't touch a drink yesterday.

I feel great. Laid on the couch and watched the SNL marathon on E! with one eye open all day. Alcohol is an evil, evil fiend! I look forward to drink heavily tonight!

So lets see:

Me
Scope and maybe wife
Nanky
SS
Jaxxy
Gazza Strip
Sirmoonie of Ball Custardshire
Maxmeister
Marko TCB

Cool so far. I'm pretty sure FPM and Dandelion* will be there, right?

Great crowd. I know I must have missed someone. I think we need a bigger boat. I have nothing to do at work today so I'm going to see just how big a FABL we can get.

Developing..........
07-05-02 10:30 AM
Dandelion* Maxy!

I can sit on FPM's lap if need be (although you'll wish I was sitting on yours...) You forgot Riffhard.
07-05-02 11:03 AM
Maxlugar You could sit on mine for just this one stretch of bumpy road I know about. Hee hee!

Anyway, I have a new development....

One of the limo companies offers a party van that can sit 24 people! Holy shit! 24 of our closest Stonesian kin all together in one party van. It has a CD player and VCR. Cooler for our liquid libations! The seats are all around the perimiter so you can walk aorund or even dance. There is no bathroom but shit, isn't that what empties are for?

They only thing is that it is $150 an hour. 5 hour minimum.

I was going to pay for a regular limo myself but I aint doing that one alone.

But lets just think about this van thing though. If we had it from 6:00PM until 2:00AM that would be eight hours or $1200. But divided by 24 people it would come out to measly $50 each. Not bad. I'd kick in more than just my share because I'd use it to get home to LI. Maybe I'll pay the 20% gratuity?

This is worth some thought folks. The fact that you can stand and move around is intriging. I know its not a "Black Limousine" but maybe the stones wrote some tunes about Ugly Big Ass White Vans. No?

Maxy!

07-05-02 11:27 AM
nanky Count me in. Can definitely pack some sheep in there!
07-05-02 11:49 AM
scope Well worth it, although I can't picture what this thing must look like. Got a website for us to check it out?
I better schedule a day off for the next day. Sounds like this may be a 2-3 day recovery.
07-05-02 12:15 PM
Maxlugar Shit I'm taking off that Friday and Monday for this.

There is a picture of the 24 Passanger Party Bus at this website.

http://www.liweddings.com/services/limousine/allstar/index.asp

I didn't call them but they had a picture. If everyone agree this is the way to go, I'll call a bunch of places to get the best price.

I called Limo Now which is in Farmingdale. Not far from you right?
07-05-02 12:26 PM
scope Yeah, Farmingdale is minutes from me. All-Star is in Farmingdale too. I can check them out in person if need be. The picture of the van is cool. It says they have 2-way radios--must be some BIG ass ugly van! I also feel alot better knowing they have ABS brakes

scope, PV24
07-05-02 12:33 PM
Maxlugar >I also feel alot better knowing they have ABS brakes

LOL!!!

Great one!

Yeah if you could actually go inside one it would be great. I'm not sure how you can 24 seats all facing the middle. This looks like the shuttle bus I used to ride from Greenwich St. to the WTC. It was basically a small bus with an aisle down the middle. Shit, as long as we can all get in and listen to Handsome Girls together I'm there.

07-05-02 12:35 PM
stonedinaustralia as maxy say " The Rolling Stones themselves will wish they were with us"

damn straight

and joey you're doing my head in head with the jo jo jo joj joj oj oj oj oj oj - so try this for size - oj oj oj oj (read simpson as in homer) and a short slip to ja ja ja ja

(jah simpson??!! - if the shoe fits it does not make sense and so you must acquit - di antone say homer = i heard the sirens singing homer oj oj oj oj kinda stuff

and i already wish i was there and could do it if i really wanted (sangre de madre de dios!... why can't you do bold or underlined on these things... yellow smiley faces dropping poses is one thing - how about yellow smiley face in italics (and you can get if you really want it) too (but it would be dirty work...

yes that long black limousine... with as you say chiba and tons (or is that Tonnes of reaggae (sp?) music and by god she would be a heaven on earth... already...

and ulf if yer reading this thanks for putting the riot show in the air...i can hardly believe it's on the record...

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
07-05-02 12:36 PM
scope Duh! okay, I just realized that Limo Now and All-Star is the same thing. Never said the brain was working today, just the body is here.
07-05-02 12:39 PM
scope
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Yeah if you could actually go inside one it would be great.

I'll try to make it over there tomorrow. I think I know where they are. Look for my report
Page: 1 2

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road