ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Gimme another chance please, I can play the drums babies
© 1970 Michael Putland with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: We haven't properly remembered Brian.... Return to archive
July 4th, 2005 01:00 AM
LadyJane on this day. I'm always a little sad when I see July 3rd.

Whatever the circumstances, we lost a founder of OUR band.

RIP, Brian. We'll never judge you too harshly!!

LJ.

July 4th, 2005 01:42 AM
BrianJonesForever Amen Brother
July 4th, 2005 01:42 AM
BrianJonesForever Sister I mean, oops!
July 4th, 2005 04:50 AM
keith_tif Brian Jones : the greatest rolling stones all over the world!!
July 4th, 2005 05:10 AM
FotiniD I don't think Brian has been recognized as much as he deserved to be, either by us as fans or by the critics / press / the people in general. Problems and psychological ups and downs aside (and don't we all have them more or less) I think we tend to forget what a very talented musician he was and how important he was for the Stones.

Hope he's resting in peace, wherever that is.
July 4th, 2005 05:19 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Talented musician, but an absolute waster when it came to drugs. Everybody has problems and people who decide to hide away from them behind a wall of drugs will get no sympathy from me. Shame Elton John couldnt save him

RIP
July 4th, 2005 05:56 AM
HellsRollingThunder Are you sure your name should not be Tom Cruise?
July 4th, 2005 07:29 AM
Voodoo Scrounge No not Tom Cruise.
Although a lot of what he said in that interview I would agree with. However I expect he was being very hipocritical as Im sure hes done drugs before.

Druggies dont wash with me
July 4th, 2005 07:51 AM
glencar RIP Brian!
July 4th, 2005 08:43 AM
keith_tif All great musicians tke drug:

Charlie Parker
Kurt Cobain
Jim Morrison
Marianne Faithfull
Keith Richards....

July 4th, 2005 09:20 AM
jb RIP Brian...
July 4th, 2005 10:34 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl "We haven't properly remembered Brian...."

I was thinking the same yesterday, in the last years we had a two-day webcast dedicated to Brian, events announced on both the net and Cheltenham, great threads with wishes, memories, thoughts, pix, etc

Now it was just a header, with a hidden message ‘RIP Brian “The Rolling Stones” Jones’

Anyway, as I mentioned some weeks before we’re going to post several headers with Brian. The webcast is not possible anymore, at least with our friend “The Sunshine Man” as his webradio station is not on-line anymore.

Shame on me, spank me Ronnie!
July 4th, 2005 01:28 PM
jaggergurl Rest In Peace, Brian... you are missed....
July 4th, 2005 02:12 PM
kath that header shows what a mess he was. i know he brought the band together, so i thank him for that.
July 4th, 2005 02:45 PM
stewed & Keefed RIP

July 4th, 2005 05:01 PM
glencar I love that header wherein BJ's wearing an American flag shirt. Is that a shotgun he's holding?
July 4th, 2005 08:24 PM
Gazza
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
"We haven't properly remembered Brian...."

I was thinking the same yesterday, in the last years we had a two-day webcast dedicated to Brian, events announced on both the net and Cheltenham, great threads with wishes, memories, thoughts, pix, etc

Now it was just a header, with a hidden message ‘RIP Brian “The Rolling Stones” Jones’

Anyway, as I mentioned some weeks before we’re going to post several headers with Brian. The webcast is not possible anymore, at least with our friend “The Sunshine Man” as his webradio station is not on-line anymore.

Shame on me, spank me Ronnie!

Count yourself lucky. Over on IORR's message board, a certain rabid Brian nut and ex-Rocks Offer is going ballistic at me and everyone else because the Stones community (ie - everyone but her) didnt respond sufficiently to her ORDERS that we all commemorate Brian's anniversary in the manner that she demanded. I guess we all should have worn a sackcloth and ashes and walked the hills of joujouka for 40 days and 40 nights.
July 4th, 2005 08:26 PM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
on this day. I'm always a little sad when I see July 3rd.

Whatever the circumstances, we lost a founder of OUR band.

RIP, Brian. We'll never judge you too harshly!!

LJ.

Indeed.
July 4th, 2005 10:00 PM
Soldatti RIP Brian.
July 4th, 2005 10:20 PM
GhostofBrianJones Dear Gazza,
I checked that IORR forum out and that girl is very obsessed with
Brian Jones. I love Brian myself with all my heart and soul, but
she is just very sensitive about Brian. A person cannot force others to like whomever they like. I feel if a person likes Brian fine
if they don't that is their privilege. I am not going to argue with them. She has a Canadian Stones site from Toronto and they talk
about the Stones and Brian as well. Some Brian Jones fans feel
he deserves more recognition than he has been getting since his
demise and feel the other Stones need to recognize this. But we
do not know what goes on behind closed doors, as this could be
a very private issue within the band itself. So for those who wish
to remember him let us do so in our own way as we choose. But
let us always remember to give him credit wherever credit is due.
Thank you.
July 4th, 2005 10:48 PM
Gazza Thanks, GOBJ

We know Miss U all to well from this site in the past, hence my initial post.

I like the fact that there are people out there keeping Brian's memory alive and I have some respect for her for doing so (although she'll conveniently overlook anything positive we may say about her in favour of some perceived subliminal 'insult') but to lie, harangue and abuse other fans for not commemorating Brian's anniversary in the way she seems fit is the behaviour of a nutjob.

Not that I need to justify myself, but I like Brian as much as I like anyone else in the band and I value what his contribution was as much as anyone. The rest of us can do without bearing the brunt of some bi-polar style outburst just because we're not praying in the direction of Cheltenham five times a day.
[Edited by Gazza]
July 5th, 2005 12:09 PM
littleredrooster
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Thanks, GOBJ

We know Miss U all to well from this site in the past, hence my initial post.

I like the fact that there are people out there keeping Brian's memory alive and I have some respect for her for doing so (although she'll conveniently overlook anything positive we may say about her in favour of some perceived subliminal 'insult') but to lie, harangue and abuse other fans for not commemorating Brian's anniversary in the way she seems fit is the behaviour of a nutjob.

Not that I need to justify myself, but I like Brian as much as I like anyone else in the band and I value what his contribution was as much as anyone. The rest of us can do without bearing the brunt of some bi-polar style outburst just because we're not praying in the direction of Cheltenham five times a day.
[Edited by Gazza]

Well said!
July 5th, 2005 08:51 PM
HellsRollingThunder I did not know if you knew who that really was. She can rant and
rave all she wants, it is her opinion. But you also stated yours.
And you h ad a right to do so. I just don't want to get into it with
her or anyone else.
July 5th, 2005 10:52 PM
pdog
quote:
keith_tif wrote:
All great musicians tke drug:

Charlie Parker
Kurt Cobain
Jim Morrison
Marianne Faithfull
Keith Richards....

That list could be longer and filled with alot dead people. Brian played his part and I don't think he wanted to grow old! He lived fast and died young... I'm glad I got to see what he did while he alive, he was dead by the time I was barely 2 years old.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)