ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Gimme another chance please, I can play the drums babies
© 1970 Michael Putland with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones on that Belgian site .. audio ??? Return to archive
July 3rd, 2005 07:30 AM
Daethgod
anyone translate this ..

i cant get 'audio looking' link to work....

http://www.radio1.be/radio1_master/muziek/andere/r1_muz_neo300605_rollingstones/index.html

July 3rd, 2005 07:34 AM
Moonisup doesn't work for me.
And there were no new songs on the air, that was just a rumour
July 3rd, 2005 07:36 AM
Daethgod got audio working

a guy and a girl rabbitting on in Belgianese about the new Stones Album..

no new Stones audio tho ...

i did hear the words :

'rythym and blues'
'rock n roll'
'exile on mainstreet'
'confidential'
and those opening lyrics we have seen re Neocon

July 3rd, 2005 07:36 AM
glencar Damn!
July 3rd, 2005 08:54 AM
brianisnotdead On www.shattered.nl it says that one track of the twelve, which were played before journalists on June 29th at the Olympic Studios in London, will not be listed on the American cd.

The song NEOCON is against the Bush Administration. A few lines are:

You call yourself a Christian

I think you are a hypocrite

You're full of shit.

After Street Fighting Man and Highwire another polital song. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll But I like It!

Cheers,
Brian

July 3rd, 2005 11:39 AM
JaGgEr They say there was a listining party and the reporter was there.
It was a quite rare event because everyone had to sign a paper and promise that they wouldn't tell anything, then the two people are laughing a little bit that he has to report in prison in the future.

There were 12 songs they played but the tracks aren't finished yet (they finish the songs in Los Angeles) . They recorded 18 songs.

Mick and Keith went back to their roots for some songs
(the reporter compares some songs with Exile on main street and the faces).

There was 1 song that really sounds like a mississipi blues with jagger on harp and a plaintively voice.

Then there was also a more modern song about the conservative politicans. They reporter doubts if this song will be on the cd because the lyrics are quite defiantly ('you call yourself a christian, you are a hypocrit, you are full of shit') and probably these words are for Bush.

The reporter can't give a definitive judgement, because the songs aren't finished yet.
He thinks that the stones will not attract new fans, but the 'old' fans will be happy with the album.

*sorry for my poor translation, but i did my best*

[Edited by JaGgEr]
July 3rd, 2005 11:40 AM
JaGgEr and i think it's not true that they aired 20 seconds of the songs because i heard it yesterday and there was only the interview...
[Edited by JaGgEr]
July 3rd, 2005 05:18 PM
Bob Tamp on other boards I have seen people upset about supposedly BUSH bashing on Neocon. Im sure the song is bashing the conservatives in general and is not soley aimed at Bush. Jagger always leaves room in his lyrics for interpertation.
Hopefully its a good song.

If the journalist says new album will not attract new fans, that may be a good sign for us.
July 3rd, 2005 05:45 PM
The_Worst
quote:
Bob Tamp wrote:
on other boards I have seen people upset about supposedly BUSH bashing on Neocon. Im sure the song is bashing the conservatives in general and is not soley aimed at Bush. Jagger always leaves room in his lyrics for interpertation.
Hopefully its a good song.

If the journalist says new album will not attract new fans, that may be a good sign for us.

Bob, I hope you are right regarding this song...What I've always enjoyed about the Stones is the fact that while hey may have some songs that have political messages they never really get into bashing certain politicans directly. Hell, wasn't Mick asked just last Novemeber about who he wanted to win the election, Bush or Kerry and Mick said something to the effect of "I don't like to get involved in the politics of a country in which I cannot vote"...Now if it's a song about the religious right pushing morals on everyone I won't have much of a problem but if it's "Bush is a nazi" I will be very disappointed...
July 3rd, 2005 05:56 PM
Bob Tamp I agree. I think your assumption about this song is right on. It will be against all conservatives in general. There may be a line or two about the White House, but I doubt the song is all about Bush. As in all stones lyrics, it will be open to interpertation.
July 3rd, 2005 08:04 PM
gotdablouse Whoever that song is about, these leaked lyrics are atrocious and simplistic, Jagger is going senile !
July 3rd, 2005 10:09 PM
Soldatti
quote:
JaGgEr wrote:
*sorry for my poor translation, but i did my best*

You did it great, thanks.
July 4th, 2005 05:38 AM
maumau i agree with this
"Now if it's a song about the religious right pushing morals on everyone I won't have much of a problem but if it's "Bush is a nazi" I will be very disappointed..."

beside that i thought that it was the "bible belt" and not the neocon to push Bush towards christian integralism, while i thought neocons have more to do with foreign policy, spread of democracy and all that

but i live in italy and maybe i miss some link

i like the idea of a stones song that make some fuss and get some reaction, but i hope it won't be so simplicistic as bashing a person or a leader
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)