ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Gimme another chance please, I can play the drums babies
© 1970 Michael Putland with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: DEPP WANTS RICHARDS FOR PIRATES SEQUEL Return to archive
July 2nd, 2005 06:08 AM
JaggerLips http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/depp%20still%20trying%20to%20lure%20richards%20to%20pirates%20sequels

DEPP STILL TRYING TO LURE RICHARDS TO PIRATES SEQUELS

LATEST: JOHNNY DEPP is still trying to convince wrinkly rocker KEITH RICHARDS to play his father in the PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN sequels after telling the ROLLING STONES star it would be a dream come true.

Depp famously based his CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW character on Richards and now he's wrestling with the Rolling Stones touring schedule to try and get his hero on board for Pirates 2 and 3.

He says, "It's looking very good. I've talked to Keith about it and he's been super sweet and keen to do it and it's looking very good.

"We are just hoping that we can work out the dates with the Stones tour and everything, but, if that happens, you talk about a dream come true - get to be a pirate with Keith Richards? Does it get better than that?"
01/07/2005 03:35

Wouldn't that be fantastic if that could happen????

July 2nd, 2005 06:39 AM
JesusMe that would be awesome, I might actually see it if that happened
July 2nd, 2005 09:12 AM
corgi37 I'm so confused. I thought Keith was supposed to be filming last October! Cant see him doing it now.

But, there will be another Pirates movie after this. So, maybe like Sean Connery in the 3rd installment of Raiders, Keef can be in the 3rd Pirates.

Personally, i think it would be cool.
July 2nd, 2005 11:26 AM
Gimme Shelter I agree
July 2nd, 2005 12:29 PM
Marianne I am a very big fan of Johnny's and have been hearing that Keith might be in Pirates II since last fall. I hope he does it, though. That would be sooo kool! I love Johnny and the Stones with all my heart and it would be neat to see them visibly cross paths.
July 2nd, 2005 12:54 PM
glencar I'm torn. On the one hand it would be cool & great fun. On the otehr ahnd, it would be so passe. Do what you want Keith!
July 3rd, 2005 11:28 AM
corgi37 And after Pirates, Depp's next film is about a Aussie criminal, to be filmed in my town (Melbourne).

Man, i am soooooo linked to the Stones!
July 3rd, 2005 11:59 AM
JaggerLips
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
And after Pirates, Depp's next film is about a Aussie criminal, to be filmed in my town (Melbourne).

Man, i am soooooo linked to the Stones!

Depp is so good, can't wait for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory !!!
Depp loves taking on fun roles!
July 3rd, 2005 12:15 PM
jb Depp=cool dude, box appeal
Keith=use to be cool dude, no box appeal
Keith wants millions fopr an 8 minute cameo=fuck you Keith
July 3rd, 2005 10:25 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
And after Pirates, Depp's next film is about a Aussie criminal, to be filmed in my town (Melbourne).

hadn't heard that corgi

he's not doing Kelly is he?? ha ha

Johnny Depp as Chopper Reed??

or is it Ronald Ryan??

or more contemporary is he playing one of the Williams family??

or are they going to do a foilm on the Snowtown myders but do it round tyour way fro economic reasons

do tell

actually i want to know when is he going to get on with "The Rum Diary"??

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
July 4th, 2005 02:37 AM
corgi37 He's filming the story of the "Gentleman Bandit". Cant remember the guys name. He wrote a book about his exploits, and Depp bought them a couple of years ago. The dude robbed banks, but never hurt anyone and was very polite. He escaped jail a couple of times, and once became a "ghetto" doctor in India for 10 years or so.

Depp even remembered being on Hey Hey its Saturday back in 88! He even remembered Ossie Ostrich!

What a cool bastard.
July 4th, 2005 08:50 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Depp's a persisitent little bastard, ain't he? Doesn't want to let Keith off the hook....that's good.
July 4th, 2005 08:52 AM
jb Then let him give KR a piece of his back end royalties..
July 4th, 2005 08:55 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Is that all you think about is anal JB?
July 4th, 2005 09:06 AM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Is that all you think about is anal JB?

No............but I was afraid it might come out looking like that.......................
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)