ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Gimme another chance please, I can play the drums babies
© 1970 Michael Putland with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wembley confirmed Return to archive
July 1st, 2005 02:34 PM
swapwoodfortaylor Ronnie Wood on BBC Radio 5 chatting at Wimbledon Tennis stated that The Stones "will open the new Wembley Stadium next year"
July 1st, 2005 02:36 PM
Moonisup so woody is in london, he'll prolly play tomorrow
July 1st, 2005 02:43 PM
Gazza
quote:
swapwoodfortaylor wrote:
Ronnie Wood on BBC Radio 5 chatting at Wimbledon Tennis stated that The Stones "will open the new Wembley Stadium next year"

...if its finished!
July 1st, 2005 02:51 PM
Gazza
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
so woody is in london, he'll prolly play tomorrow

yes. he was at Krissy's funeral a few days ago.

let's see :

Mick appears to be playing tomorrow.

Ronnie is in London. Or if hes in Ireland, its a short hop away.

Charlie lives in the south of England and is probably there at the minute.

The band's work on the album appears to be finished as the mixing ended two days ago.

Bootcovers reports that the band's equipment is at London airport today. (unsure of the source and validity of this, though)

That leaves Keith, who has gone on record as saying "I dont trust these big charity things.." and who hasnt been spotted in the UK and who lives in the US.

But then, they have a tour and album a few weeks away, so the cynic in me says he may just go along with the whole thing, assuming they were together long enough to rehearse about 3 songs.
July 1st, 2005 02:56 PM
Moonisup well, there are plenty of others who could fill in for keith hahha, at least we know brown sugar has a proper start then!

I hoped that they would play, just to get rid of their greedy image, but well, it's the stones, they are awfully greedy!
haha

[Edited by Moonisup]
July 1st, 2005 03:01 PM
Gazza well, the thing is, that for all the good intentions people may have, you can guarantee that everyone who's playing tomorrow will see their record sales rocket next week, especially if they play reasonably well.

They may all be doing it for free, but at the end of the day they'll indirectly make a lot of money because of playing the show. I'm sure they're all very aware of that too.

the Stones (or anyone) playing tomorrow raises their profile in front of what is expected to be a TV audience of 5.5 BILLION. With an album and a tour just a few weeks ago, you couldnt BUY that type of publicity otherwise.
July 1st, 2005 05:38 PM
swapwoodfortaylor Another thing that Ronnie said during the interview, albeit after a long pause, was that he would not be playing tomorrow and in any event did not like last minute arrangements. Lets hope that none of them play at the Geldoff Self Promotion Concert for The Intellectually Challenged Audience. Half the folk queing up for the portaloos will doubtless be offspring of the boneheads who went to the Mandella farce at Wembley!!
July 1st, 2005 06:07 PM
luxury1 Rik--you are killin me with those pics! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

THey wont all play. Too much of a headache to get all those drug addicts and alcoholics in the same place at the proper time. Mick will do it for the exposure, and to look philanthropic (Is that the correct word?)THey need the giant tour machine geared up in order to pull it all together, I'm afraid. CHrist, the album still needs work, no??
July 1st, 2005 06:51 PM
Moonisup
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Rik--you are killin me with those pics! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

why:d
July 1st, 2005 09:14 PM
jb
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
well, there are plenty of others who could fill in for keith hahha, at least we know brown sugar has a proper start then!

I hoped that they would play, just to get rid of their greedy image, but well, it's the stones, they are awfully greedy!
haha

[Edited by Moonisup]

Amen my Dutch friend...they should not play as they cannot pull it off without more practice..it will also hurt the already flat ticket sales....You think MAcca.MIck, and George will end with "Don't Let the Sun", "Let it be", or will all three do the infamous cock-dance to "Starfucker"?
July 1st, 2005 09:20 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
or will all three do the infamous cock-dance to "Starfucker"?

July 2nd, 2005 06:00 AM
Moonisup That would be great!! Paul, george and mick doing the famous cockdance from the TOTA
July 2nd, 2005 09:15 AM
corgi37 Some of you may recall me saying Aussies are taking over the world. Well, an Aussie company is building that new stadium!!! hahaha, no wonder its behind schedule.
July 3rd, 2005 07:27 AM
jb wembley shall not sell out....................
July 3rd, 2005 10:43 AM
JaggerLips I don't care where they open in the UK as long as they come to Manchester!

Liverpool would be great but we have to use a tent for a venue! Hmmm maybe the Liverpool Empire for a theatre show but that would be me living in cloud cuckooland!

Manchester MEN with my 4 tickets from the passcode off RollingStones.com on the ground quite close to the front or by the B-Stage would suit me nicely. I don't ask for much now do I?
July 3rd, 2005 11:36 AM
jb
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:
I don't care where they open in the UK as long as they come to Manchester!

Liverpool would be great but we have to use a tent for a venue! Hmmm maybe the Liverpool Empire for a theatre show but that would be me living in cloud cuckooland!

Manchester MEN with my 4 tickets from the passcode off RollingStones.com on the ground quite close to the front or by the B-Stage would suit me nicely. I don't ask for much now do I?

The concert in Edinbugh did not sell greart...
July 3rd, 2005 08:15 PM
Flairville JB what concert in Edinburgh? Do you mean the Stones? They didn't play Edinburgh last time, Glasgow twice but not edinburgh.

Oh and Jaggerlips, i'd love to join you at a Manchester concert next year!! Imagine the Appollo?!
July 4th, 2005 09:22 AM
jb
quote:
Flairville wrote:
JB what concert in Edinburgh? Do you mean the Stones? They didn't play Edinburgh last time, Glasgow twice but not edinburgh.

Oh and Jaggerlips, i'd love to join you at a Manchester concert next year!! Imagine the Appollo?!

I forget the date..I know Def leopard sold it out several times over..
July 4th, 2005 10:47 AM
gimmekeef With the Stones locking up the Wembley date..my hunch is thats why Macca jumped on the Live 8 thing to grab that closing spot.Or am I just too far into the conspiracy theories...lol....
July 4th, 2005 01:55 PM
Gazza Sports minister Richard Caborn says he has been assured that the new Wembley stadium will be completed on time.
Builders Multiplex have hit problems with the project but have told him they are confident work will be finished in time to host the 2006 FA Cup final.

Caborn said: "Multiplex founder and executive director John Roberts has guaranteed that the stadium will be on time at the end of January.

"It will be handed over then and be a stunning stadium by any standards."

There has been some uncertainty, with the Australian construction giant suffering some financial problems and expected to make a loss on the project.

But Caborn, in Singapore as part of London's 2012 Olympic bid, said: "There is no backlash from Multiplex's problems.

"It's a fixed-price contract so they have to take the hit on that but, in terms of quality and being on time, we are assured it will be there."

Wembley is due to host the Olympic football finals if London wins the right to host the 2012 Games.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport
July 4th, 2005 01:59 PM
jb Gazza , I received the most delicious Cadbury chocolates from Harrods,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thanks.....When I see you in New York in 06, I will buy you a few rouns of JW Blue!!! I think Walters is the best spot as it is a block from MSG and you can get ducked up and simply crawl in.............it's going to be fun!!!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)