ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Gimme another chance please, I can play the drums babies
© 1970 Michael Putland with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 2005 American Music Festival Return to archive
July 1st, 2005 10:03 AM
polksalad69 A few photos from the first night of the Festival in beautiful Berwyn, IL. Bill made reference to Keith during "Hot Rod Lincoln." If you've seen him do the medley you know what I'm talking about. It wasn't flattering, but it was funny.

The rest are below the Dave Alvin photos from last year's fest below:

http://community.webshots.com/album/180930089wAHjhM/2

quote:
* * *FitzGerald's 24th Annual American Music Festival!!!* * *
**June 30, July 1, 2, & 3 * * - 4 days! - Live music on 2 stages!
Dozens of bands:
bluegrass, country, rock, jazz, folk, country, blues, Zydeco, etc!
Outdoor festival tent - rain or shine!
Cajun BBQ from The Roosevelt Grill!
Families welcome!

JUNE 30
Dirty Dozen Brass Band
Bill Kirchen
The Lee Boys
Hacienda Brothers
Jimmy LaFave
Paul Cebar & The Milwuakeeans
Jeff & Vida Band
and More!

http://www.fitzgeraldsnightclub.com/listings.html

Hacienda Bros

Dave

Bill

Bill & the HBros

[Edited by polksalad69]
July 1st, 2005 04:16 PM
polksalad69 Tonight. Gonna head out soon.

JULY 1
Marcia Ball
Paul Thorn
Ian McLagen & The Bump Band
Jon Dee Graham
Anders Osborne
Brave Combo
Kinsey Report
Dallas Wayne & Redd Volkert
Jeff & Vida Band
and More!
July 3rd, 2005 03:07 AM
polksalad69 Red Volkaert was playing with Dallas Wayne and Chicago guitarist John Rice on fiddle. I'd say it was nice old people country music. I think the rhythm section was lacking. Too bad I stayed too long in the tent because Paul Thorn was excellent but I only caught III of his songs in the club. He was good, real good.

Jon Dee Graham followed Paul in the club and absolutely blew the roof off da place. Got a bunch of photos but I haven't gotten to them yet. Scrappy joined Jon at the end of the set which was outstanding. He got a huge sound out of dat little Vox. Here's Scrappy and Mark Andes of the Bump Band who followed Jon in the club.

You know who this feller is.

He needed to play more rockers. I had another thought here but seem to have lost it.

Quote of the night from my gal commenting on the fella in the black shirt who knew all the words to the songs and was singing and signing them. Yes he was signing the songs.

"seems like a lot of wasted enthusiasm on such a mediocre band."

http://www.paulthorn.com/

Jon was having trouble with his pedal board about 4 songs into the set and it kept acting up throughout. Polksis was talking to the drummer, Chipman, and he indicated it had something to do with him hitting his kick drum. He also said it was a letdown after the two previous nights where they were on. I think Jon was very professional and overcame the problem. The highlight was Scarppy joining them for the rest of the set. They did the Resentments tune "Message of Hope" and it sounded great with the second guitar. I've seen Jon with and without Hardwick on dobro/slide and I prefer the sound without. It was a great two nights. I didn't make it back for night 3 or 4. I had other things going on. Only really missed Robbie on Sat and Sleepy LaBeef on Sunday. Marcia Ball was there too and she's ok although she's got a badass guitarist, Pat "Heartattck" Boyak.
That's it until next year...

[Edited by polksalad69]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)