ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Gimme another chance please, I can play the drums babies
© 1970 Michael Putland with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dylan biopic released on DVD Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 1st, 2005 09:53 PM
Gazza jb wrote:
quote:
Dylan, like the Stones, is a sell out. His r/s with Starbuks is disturbing. I was trying to drink my Venti Vanilla Latte(with whipped cream) yesterday, when his nasal-like voice came out of the sound system...truly annoying.

the Gaslight '62 CD was playing at your local Starbucks?

They're truly a branch ahead of their time.

It doesnt come out until the end of August..

Sounds like they sprinkled your drink with Angel Dust instead of chocolate topping...
July 3rd, 2005 10:20 AM
FM Dylan is at the SECC Glasgow November 17th according to the Sunday Mail.

Fraser
July 3rd, 2005 12:04 PM
Martha
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
To the Dylan fans, especially you Martha:

Do you like Dylan's new band lineup or do your prefer Charlie Sexton and Larry Campbell?

I actually like every incarnation of Bob's band that I've been blessed to see. I started seeing Bob at the tail end more or less with Charlie still on board. I loved that band. It was a more bluegrassy styled sound in my humble opinion that is. And Bob was still on guitar and I prefer him on the keybpoards and harp since he acts so much more relaxed and happy now that he's taken up the piano again. It's what he started out playing on stage you know. And I grew up surrounded by bluegrass music so I dig that sound and know it well.

I totally LOVED Freddie/Fuzzy Koella and Larry jamming together.....Louisville 4/30/02 and the Detroit 3 pack March 15-16-27 still kick my ass (THANKS Travelin' Man Records for such stellar recordings). In fact, I have been revisiting the Detroit 3 pack over the last few days and my gawd are they fantastic shows. "Get Out Of Denver" and "Ball & Biscuit" are prolly two songs Bob will never do live again and I was THERE! Anyone wanting this 3 night set need only PM me asap and it's your's for a b&p.

Then I LOVED the new line-up with Elana Fremerman..."on fiddle and bow". She added a whole new depth to the gig ( they began to take on a countryfied sound at this stage) and then as suddenly as she appeared she vanished into thin air. I miss her.

Now it's all boys again and while this band does not rock out as intensely as Larry and Fuzzy could I still dig the arrangements Bob comes up wth night after night. He never stops arranging....he can't. It's deep down inside of him...it's who he is.

I saw the trailer for the American Masters on Bob and was stunned at the footage they showed. I am now officially salivating like Pavlov's dog. I may go completely mad before September!

xxoo,
Martha Mellencamp
July 3rd, 2005 12:11 PM
Martha
quote:
jb wrote:
Ohio, sadly, was a red state. They are now reaping their rewards............

There are many, many BLUE people living and working hard in this redneck state jb......and we now have the blues like we've never had before.

"I'm here to create a new imperial empire,
I'm gonna do whatever circumstances require." BD
July 3rd, 2005 12:14 PM
jb
quote:
Martha wrote:

There are many, many BLUE people living and working hard in this redneck state jb......and we now have the blues like we've never had before.

"I'm here to create a new imperial empire,
I'm gonna do whatever circumstances require." BD

You get em Martha...we have Jeb to contend with..this prick actually ordered a criminal investigation into Schiavo matter insinuating their was something her husband might have done to delay help.....
July 3rd, 2005 12:18 PM
Martha BTW, Larry Campbell is touring the 11 dates (very short tour) with Elvis Costello and Emmy Lou Harris and we have 5th row seats to see them July 29th at the Fraze Pavilion in Dayton where there is NO bad seats even on the lawn. This pavilion is so tiny it only holds 4,500 total. If you are nearby and can do it GO!

Larry Dallas this means YOU! :-)

"There was a little boy, and there was a littel girl.

And they lived in an alley, under the red sky."
July 3rd, 2005 12:28 PM
Martha
quote:
jb wrote:
You get em Martha...we have Jeb to contend with..this prick actually ordered a criminal investigation into Schiavo matter insinuating their was something her husband might have done to delay help.....

Hey jb, good to chat with you this Sunday morning.

Jeb and people of his ilk are so sick and hateful and manipulative that I cannot bear to listen to them or look at them on the television or even in a print ad.

I was taught never to lie. And I don't. I cannot begin to wrap my mind around Jeb the Bush's or anyone else who lies, uses blatant manipulation, misuses their power and who has a racist, sexist (hate-filled) agenda to push. This sort of behavior is not acceptable to my mind or spirit. It never will be.

Maybe being near this sickness is a part of why your back hurts so much. What is going on right now makes me get sick if I think or listen to it too much.

"I'm not sorry for nuthin' I done
I'm glad I fought, I only wish we'd won."
July 3rd, 2005 12:38 PM
jb Agreed....and it shall only get worse. We democrats are a dying breed......I like listening to ED Schutlz....he seems to be pushing the right message.
July 3rd, 2005 12:58 PM
Gazza
quote:
FM wrote:
Dylan is at the SECC Glasgow November 17th according to the Sunday Mail.

Fraser

really? wow. Impression I got from Pagel's site was late sept/early october but it seems he will be in Germany late October and France early November (Amneville on 4th November) so I guess the UK dates will be after that.

I'd like to go back to Glasgow again but thats midweek so it might be tricky. Pity its the SECC, too. Its a horrible venue although Ive seen some great shows there by Bob, Springsteen and the Stones despite it. Barrowland was fantastic, though!
July 6th, 2005 09:13 AM
Gazza press release :

MARTIN SCORSESE DIRECTING FIRST
FEATURE-LENGTH FILM BIOGRAPHY OF BOB DYLAN
TO PREMIERE THIS SEPTEMBER

DOCUMENTARY PORTRAIT WILL AIR ON PBS’S
AMERICAN MASTERS SERIES SEPTEMBER 26-27
AND IN THE UK ON BBC’S ARENA SERIES SEPTEMBER 26 AND OCTOBER 1

PARAMOUNT HOME ENTERTAINMENT TO RELEASE DVD
WITH EXTENSIVE BONUS FEATURES ONE WEEK PRIOR TO BROADCAST

APPLE IS CORPORATE UNDERWRITER OF PBS BROADCAST
Bob Dylan Opens Archives For The Film, Which Features Previously Unreleased Footage From Dylan’s Groundbreaking Live Concerts,
Studio Recording Sessions, Outtakes, And Interviews

In an event that has brought together Bob Dylan and Martin Scorsese, NO DIRECTION HOME: BOB DYLAN, a production of Spitfire Pictures, Grey Water Park Productions, Thirteen/WNET New York and Sikelia Productions, in co-production with Vulcan Productions, BBC and NHK, will make its U.S. broadcast premiere on Thirteen/WNET’s award-winning AMERICAN MASTERS series Monday and Tuesday, September 26-27 at 9 p.m. (ET) on PBS (check local listings). Part One will also premiere on September 26 in the UK, on the BBC’s counterpart, the internationally prestigious series ARENA. This will be a historic collaboration between the world’s two principal public broadcasters. Paramount Home Entertainment will also release a DVD version of the documentary with extensive, additional, never-before-seen footage on September 20. Apple will present the DVD and international version of NO DIRECTION HOME: BOB DYLAN, and is the corporate underwriter of the PBS broadcast.
The two-part film, which focuses on the singer-songwriter’s life and music from 1961-66, includes never-seen performance footage and interviews with artists and musicians whose lives intertwined with Dylan’s during that time. Dylan talks openly and extensively about this critical period in his career, detailing the journey from his hometown of Hibbing, Minnesota, to Greenwich Village, New York, where he became the center of a musical and cultural upheaval, the effects of which are still felt today.
For the first time, The Bob Dylan Archives has made available rare treasures from its film, tape and stills collection, including footage from Murray Lerner’s film Festival documenting performances at the 1963, 1964 and 1965 Newport Folk Festivals, previously unreleased outtakes from D.A. Pennebaker’s famed 1967 documentary Don’t Look Back, and interviews with Allen Ginsberg, Pete Seeger, Joan Baez, Maria Muldaur, and many others. In anticipation of the film, members of Dylan’s worldwide community of fans also contributed rarities from their own collections.
NO DIRECTION HOME: BOB DYLAN, A Martin Scorsese Picture, comes on the heels of Dylan’s bestselling memoir, Chronicles: Volume I, which spent 19 weeks on The New York Times Hardcover Non-Fiction Bestseller list.
In addition to being the director of such dramatic films as Raging Bull, Goodfellas and The Aviator, Scorsese is an avid chronicler of the history of American popular music. Most recently, he executive-produced the music miniseries The Blues, which aired on PBS, as well as the related concert film Lightning in a Bottle, directed by Antoine Fuqua. Scorsese also directed the documentary The Last Waltz (1978), which captured the legendary farewell concert of The Band, and he served as an assistant director and editor on Woodstock (1970).
In discussing his excitement about the current project, Scorsese remarked, “I had been a great fan for many years when I had the privilege to film Bob Dylan for The Last Waltz. I’ve admired and enjoyed his many musical transformations. For me, there is no other musical artist who weaves his influences so densely to create something so personal and unique.”
Along with Scorsese, NO DIRECTION HOME: BOB DYLAN is being individually produced by Jeff Rosen of Grey Water Park, Nigel Sinclair of Spitfire, Anthony Wall of the BBC’s Arena series, and Susan Lacy of Thirteen/WNET New York’s AMERICAN MASTERS series, which has won the Emmy for Outstanding Primetime Non-Fiction Series five of the last six years.
“When we first began discussing this project years ago, we were overwhelmed by the material at hand – home movies and history-making concert footage, fascinating interviews with Dylan’s friends and fellow performers and, of course, Dylan himself, speaking so frankly about this incredible period in his life,” said Lacy, series creator and executive producer of AMERICAN MASTERS. “What we needed – above all – was an artist with a singular vision who could fuse this material into a unique visual narrative. That artist was Martin Scorsese, who graciously agreed to direct.”
Added Spitfire’s Sinclair: “Bob Dylan is a true cultural worldwide icon. This is the first time Bob has given this unprecedented access, which, coupled with Marty’s outstanding filmmaking talents, should provide an unparalleled portrait of Dylan’s indelible mark on the culture of the 20th century.”
“This is history,” said Wall, ARENA series editor. “As Dylan’s extraordinary career is building to another great peak, it’s also a milestone for the BBC and PBS.”
The film’s soundtrack will be a double CD set comprised of key songs in the film as well as rare and unreleased recordings from 1961 to 1966. Volume 7 of Bob Dylan’s Bootleg Series, No Direction Home: The Soundtrack, is slated for release August 30, on Columbia/Legacy Records.
The Bob Dylan Scrapbook 1956-1966 will be published by Simon & Schuster on October 1 and sell for $45. The book features Dylan’s early years, illustrated and packaged in a slipcased scrapbook complete with rare photographs, removable documents, reproductions of memorabilia, and a 45-minute CD. This unique book features interviews, archival photographs, and reproductions of song lyrics, plus other rare materials drawn from the film.
..........…

Guy East and Nigel Sinclair’s Spitfire Pictures is an independent feature film and television production company. Currently, Spitfire is in development and/or production on a number of feature films and high-profile musical documentaries, including My Generation: Who’s Still Who. In 2001 Sinclair and East executive produced The Wedding Planner, and K-PAX as well as the Academy Award and Golden Globe-nominated The Quiet American. In 2002, Spitfire produced Masked and Anonymous starring Bob Dylan. Sinclair and East’s long list of additional executive producer and producer credits includes Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, the Academy Award-winning Adaptation, Iris, the Academy Award-nominated Hilary and Jackie, K-19: The Widowmaker, Enigma and Sliding Doors.

AMERICAN MASTERS is produced for PBS by Thirteen/WNET New York. The acclaimed series has become a cultural legacy in its own right, whose exceptional film library about America’s artistic giants is one of the most highly honored in television history. In addition to Peabodys, an Oscar and a Grammy, AMERICAN MASTERS has won 16 Emmys, including Outstanding Primetime Non-Fiction Series for 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, and 2004. Most recently, the series won the International Documentary Association (IDA) Award for Best Continuing Series. AMERICAN MASTERS is made possible by the support of the National Endowment for the Arts and by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. Additional funding for AMERICAN MASTERS is provided by Rosalind P. Walter, The Blanche & Irving Laurie Foundation, Judith B. Resnick, Jack Rudin, Marvin and Mary Davidson, The Marilyn M. Simpson Charitable Lead Trusts, American Playhouse, The André and Elizabeth Kertész Foundation, and public television viewers.

Thirteen/WNET New York is one of the key program providers for public television, bringing such acclaimed series as Nature, Great Performances, American Masters, Charlie Rose, Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly, Wide Angle, Stage on Screen, Secrets of the Dead, and Cyberchase – as well as the work of Bill Moyers – to audiences nationwide. As the flagship public broadcaster in the New York, New Jersey and Connecticut metro area, Thirteen reaches millions of viewers each week, airing the best of American public television along with its own local productions such as The Ethnic Heritage Specials, The Thirteen Walking Tours, New York Voices, and Reel New York. With educational and community outreach projects that extend the impact of its television productions, Thirteen takes television “out of the box.” And as broadcast and digital media converge, Thirteen is blazing trails in the creation of Web sites, enhanced television, CD-ROMs, DVD-ROMs, educational software, and other cutting-edge media products. More information about Thirteen can be found at: www.thirteen.org.

ARENA has been in the vanguard of groundbreaking documentary film for over 25 years. Britain’s longest running arts series, ARENA has won nine BAFTA (British Academy of Film and Television Arts) awards, the Prix Italia, International Emmy, and the Special Medallion at Telluride for “its contribution to cutting edge documentary film making.” In 2004, ARENA was voted by Britain’s leading media magazine, Broadcast, one of the 10 most influential documentary programs in the entire history of British television.

PBS is a private, nonprofit media enterprise that serves the nation’s 349 public noncommercial television stations, reaching nearly 90 million people each week through on-air and online content. Bringing diverse viewpoints to television and the Internet, PBS provides high-quality documentary and dramatic entertainment, and consistently dominates the most prestigious award competitions. PBS is the leading provider of educational materials for K-12 teachers, and offers a broad array of educational services for adult learners. PBS’s premier kids’ TV programming and Web site, PBS KIDS Online (pbskids.org), continue to be parents’ and teachers’ most trusted learning environments for children. More information about PBS is available at pbs.org, one of the leading dot-org Web sites on the Internet, averaging more than 30 million unique visits and 380 million page views per month in 2004. PBS is headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia.

Paramount Pictures, Worldwide Home Entertainment, distributes Paramount Pictures, Paramount Classics, Nickelodeon, MTV Home Entertainment, Comedy Central Home Entertainment and CBS DVD on DVD and VHS. Paramount Pictures is part of Viacom Inc, which includes the Paramount Motion Picture Group, Paramount Television Production, Paramount Worldwide Television Distribution, Simon & Schuster and Paramount Enterprises. Viacom Inc. is one of the world’s largest entertainment and media companies, and a leader in the production, promotion and distribution of entertainment, news, sports and music.

Vulcan Productions is the independent documentary and feature film production company launched in 1997 by investor Paul G. Allen. The company’s critically-acclaimed body of work includes the 2001 PBS series Evolution, Martin Scorsese’s The Blues, Far From Heaven, this year’s Strange Days on Planet Earth produced with National Geographic, and the forthcoming RX For Survival: A Global Health Challenge, airing on PBS in November 2005. In addition to Vulcan Productions, Allen is also the founder of Experience Music Project, which currently features the exhibit “Bob Dylan’s American Journey.”

..........…

Press Contacts:
Debra Falk Brenda Ciccone Martin Blythe
Thirteen/WNET New York212.560.3013 ParamountHome Entertainment Spitfire Pictures818.906.2448
[email protected] [email protected] [email protected]

G:\RELEASE\American Masters\Dylan\Dylan release FINAL 6-27-05.doc
July 6th, 2005 11:12 AM
Martha Please sedate me!!!!!! :-)
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)