ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Gimme another chance please, I can play the drums babies
© 1970 Michael Putland with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Krissy Wood's Funeral Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
July 1st, 2005 09:37 PM
gypsy
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Photos at funerals are often a bad idea - scratch that, ALWAYS a bad idea, and the jumble of emotions a person feels is going to be hard to read on a person's face. If you smile when you are trying not to weep it can easily come out looking like a sneer. Or a stiff wind could have been blowing. Or he could have been saying "Get that fucking camera out of my face, my mom just died."

Yes. But my Grandma takes pictures of people in their caskets. I think it's a Southern "thing" to have photos of loved ones lying in state.
But I also think it's really morbid to have pics of dead relatives in family photo albums.
July 1st, 2005 09:38 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Yes. But my Grandma takes pictures of people in their caskets. I think it's a Southern "thing" to have photos of loved ones lying in state.
But I also think it's really morbid to have pics of dead relatives in family photo albums.

Really, I never heard of that!!! People look so different when they are dead!!! Like waxed figures!!!
July 1st, 2005 09:42 PM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:

Really, I never heard of that!!! People look so different when they are dead!!! Like waxed figures!!!

Yes, she does. It's totally embarrassing. I have asked people about it, and the only logical explanation is that it is some Southern thing about death. She once popped up behind my Grandpa's dead mother's casket to snap some photos of her. Nobody even noticed or said anything, as this was in Louisiana. But my dad said that he was thoroughly embarrassed by it.
July 1st, 2005 09:49 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Yes, she does. It's totally embarrassing. I have asked people about it, and the only logical explanation is that it is some Southern thing about death. She once popped up behind my Grandpa's dead mother's casket to snap some photos of her. Nobody even noticed or said anything, as this was in Louisiana. But my dad said that he was thoroughly embarrassed by it.

Does she want to be photographed when she passes on?
July 1st, 2005 09:49 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:

I hadn't either. Heard of it that is. Well it's a custom I guess. People have different ways of dealing with grief...I just drink beer....it works for me.
July 1st, 2005 09:54 PM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

I hadn't either. Heard of it that is. Well it's a custom I guess. People have different ways of dealing with grief...I just drink beer....it works for me.

I hate going to funerqals b/c I know in the not so distant future it will be me in the casket....I have a very bad fear of death......I am not really religious, so I think when it's over, it's over..and we will never exist again...it is very unsettling and I wake up with nightmares at times screaming 'No"!!!
July 1st, 2005 09:59 PM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:
Does she want to be photographed when she passes on?

Probably. She's very concerned with how many people will attend her funeral. I swear, she counts the cars outside of the funeral home whenever someone who was popular in town dies.
One time, she was being all martyr-ish, and cried that "No one will even show up for my funeral when the good Lord takes me away!"
July 1st, 2005 09:59 PM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:
I hate going to funerqals b/c I know in the not so distant future it will be me in the casket....I have a very bad fear of death......I am not really religious, so I think when it's over, it's over..and we will never exist again...it is very unsettling and I wake up with nightmares at times screaming 'No"!!!

Try reading some Sylvia Browne books about the afterlife.
July 1st, 2005 10:01 PM
jb Re-incarnation ?
July 1st, 2005 10:02 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Probably. She's very concerned with how many people will attend her funeral. I swear, she counts the cars outside of the funeral home whenever someone who was popular in town dies.
One time, she was being all martyr-ish, and cried that "No one will even show up for my funeral when the good Lord takes me away!"

People want to be loved....in life as well as in death. When I die, I don't know how everyone here and on the other boards will find out?
July 1st, 2005 10:03 PM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:
Re-incarnation ?

No. She says you get to choose if you want to come back or not. Also, you get to choose what you'd like to come back to Earth and learn.
July 1st, 2005 10:05 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
I so I think when it's over, it's over..and we will never exist again...it is very unsettling and I wake up with nightmares at times screaming 'No"!!!

Well this is my "bitch" with the idea of reincarnation. Nothing could be worse than being "yourself" forever. And I always fear the worst.

July 1st, 2005 10:06 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:

No. She says you get to choose if you want to come back or not. Also, you get to choose what you'd like to come back to Earth and learn.

What would you come back as? What would you learn?
July 1st, 2005 10:08 PM
jb
quote:

Well this is my "bitch" with the idea of reincarnation. Nothing could be worse than being "yourself" forever. And I always fear the worst.

In Florida, b/c of salt water aquifer, you must by law by buried in a sealed and lined casket to avoid leakage. I am very disturbed by the thought.....I also now that whomever styles my hair, will make me look like a twat.
July 1st, 2005 10:10 PM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:
In Florida, b/c of salt water aquifer, you must by law by buried in a sealed and lined casket to avoid leakage. I am very disturbed by the thought.....I also now that whomever styles my hair, will make me look like a twat.

Your soul will be in heaven, jb. Make sure to ask your wife and other loved ones to take a photo of you with your hair looking it's best to the mortician. I know a girl who does the hair and makeup on the dead bodies at a local funeral home. It's fine to have the family come in and do a few touch-ups.
July 1st, 2005 10:12 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
.....I also now that whomever styles my hair, will make me look like a twat.

Not good. Make sure you put a hair clause in your will, I would suggest. Oh yeah and don't forget to tip the boatman!
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:
What would you come back as? What would you learn?

I don't think I'd want to come back. I just want to live in heaven and frolic around for all eternity!
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Your soul will be in heaven, jb. Make sure to ask your wife and other loved ones to take a photo of you with your hair looking it's best to the mortician. I know a girl who does the hair and makeup on the dead bodies at a local funeral home. It's fine to have the family come in and do a few touch-ups.

I show them the wedding picture..I looked good back then. Also, do they make fun of the genital?
July 1st, 2005 10:14 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I don't think I'd want to come back. I just want to live in heaven and frolic around for all eternity!

I would like to come back as Denny Terrio of the great 70's show "Dance Fever" nd learn how to boogie.
July 1st, 2005 10:22 PM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:
I show them the wedding picture..I looked good back then. Also, do they make fun of the genital?

Yes, the wedding photo is good - use it!
The girl I know doesn't make fun of anyone. But I wouldn't put it past people to do that.
I've been working on surgery cases before where the surgeon makes fun of the patient's weight the entire time.
One time, there was some fat guy with an obvious venereal disease, and all the nurses made fun of his genitals. One of the nurses looked at his chart to see what his occupation was. He was a truck driver. So, they all giggled and said that he probably picked up a disease from a "lot lizard." I told them they were all disgusting, and the nurse that catheterized him, chased me around the room like she was going to rub her gloves on me. Ewww!
July 1st, 2005 10:22 PM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:
I would like to come back as Denny Terrio of the great 70's show "Dance Fever" nd learn how to boogie.

I think God would like that.
July 1st, 2005 10:32 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I've been working on surgery cases before where the surgeon makes fun of the patient's weight the entire time.
One time, there was some fat guy with an obvious venereal disease, and all the nurses made fun of his genitals. One of the nurses looked at his chart to see what his occupation was. He was a truck driver. So, they all giggled and said that he probably picked up a disease from a "lot lizard." I told them they were all disgusting, and the nurse that catheterized him, chased me around the room like she was going to rub her gloves on me. Ewww!

It's called Evil.
July 1st, 2005 10:37 PM
gypsy
quote:

It's called Evil.

It is. I think it's horrible to make jokes about unconscious patients. I have gone to Hospital Administrators in the past to complain about surgeons being physically rough with sedated patients and/or making rude comments about them. That is beyond unprofessional, and makes me sick and ashamed of my profession. I will not put up with it.
July 1st, 2005 10:38 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Yes, the wedding photo is good - use it!
The girl I know doesn't make fun of anyone. But I wouldn't put it past people to do that.

Yet,people hate lawyers..poor guy probably had a veneral wart....

July 1st, 2005 10:39 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

you do not look like a twat or a rectum
July 1st, 2005 10:42 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

you do not look like a twat or a rectum

I have been called worse...I must go tuck the boys in and say good night..boating plans may be off tommorrow due to weather.
July 1st, 2005 10:43 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
I have been called worse...I must go tuck the boys in and say good night..boating plans may be off tommorrow due to weather.

I will be performing tomorow night...with no rain in the forecast
July 1st, 2005 10:45 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I will be performing tomorow night...with no rain in the forecast

Don't fall of the stage..and don't think of the giant catfish photo LJ posted or the walking catfish..b/c they are real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Edited by jb]
July 1st, 2005 10:47 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Don't fall of the stage..and don't think of the giant catfish photo LJ posted or the walking catfish..b/c they are real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Edited by jb]

If i take a fall, those responsible will be acknowledged
July 2nd, 2005 02:04 PM
HellsRollingThunder I am a strong believer in Sylvia Browne myself. There definitely IS
an afterlife. Some folks get grounded and do not want to move on
or don't realize they are even dead. Like the lady said to frolic
around in the Universe sounds like a wonderful idea. I do NOT
want to come back as anything. NEVER. I have read where the
spirits are always trying to contact us. Sylvia says her bedroom
and house are always busy especially at night, she has a nightlight. And this Wednesday July 6th she will be on Montel
Williams again so I hope ya all watch it. Oh Sylvia originally comes
from the Midwest, Missouri I think(?)
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)