ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Gimme another chance please, I can play the drums babies
© 1970 Michael Putland with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Krissy Wood's Funeral Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
June 29th, 2005 03:25 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

good point, jb has plenty of other well known luxuries in his life to speak proudly about....as low cost as a guitar hobby can be when you do not collect or play in a band, there are better myths to make up.

I assure you jb plays, and is not too bad...i look forward to jamming with him...he has told me he will buy the Blue label Walker. I hope to have said jam session at my new home (5700 sq foot under AC) completed Sept 1!

Thanks Pug, but with high chicago crime rate, unbearable heat wave, and failure to sell out Jan UC show, very unlikely I would fly in as it is simply to risky. You might say I am a "marked" amn in Chicago.
June 29th, 2005 03:35 PM
texile the open tuning is flexible and makes the stones distinctive....but shit - don't you think its time for keith to just tune the goddman guitar and throw in a few minor chords for kicks....
June 29th, 2005 03:48 PM
Blackcloakcat I don't know about the Valium - it's very hard to overdose on the drug itself. Mixed w/ other drugs or alcohol, but not alone.

Weren't Krissy & Jo good friends? They used to stay together at his Florida home while Ronnie was away...
June 29th, 2005 04:28 PM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:

Thanks Pug, but with high chicago crime rate, unbearable heat wave, and failure to sell out Jan UC show, very unlikely I would fly in as it is simply to risky. You might say I am a "marked" amn in Chicago.

I've always thought of Chicago as a dirty disgusting city.
June 29th, 2005 04:30 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Sadly, you are correct. Much of Chicago is overrun with crime, gangs, shootings, and pollution. I much prefer to stay in the suburbs.
June 29th, 2005 04:30 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Hi Sugar ....

...How ya doing ?!?!
June 29th, 2005 04:33 PM
gypsy
quote:
Joey wrote:

Hi Sugar ....

...How ya doing ?!?!

Fine. And you?
Do you have a big Fourth of July Weekend Extravaganza lined up, or are you just going to nail your neighbor all weekend?
June 29th, 2005 04:35 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Fine. And you?
Do you have a big Fourth of July Weekend Extravaganza lined up, or are you just going to nail your neighbor all weekend?

all that i ask joey is that you make her scream my name out just once!
June 29th, 2005 04:37 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Fine. And you?

No's my Princess .......................!!!

Friday Night : " Acoustic Groove " at the Brazen Head

http://www.bluesgroup.com/obs/index.php?req=listevents&what=band&when=future&id=17

Saturday : Watch Live8 ( MACCA , THE WHO , U2 )

Sunday : Lay out and then dinner at Brother's place

Monday ( 4th ) Lay Out / Watch Fireworks / Booze

JACKY !!!!!!!

June 29th, 2005 04:38 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gypsy wrote:

gypsy, i fear we may have to dry hump this tour as I promise I will greet you.
June 29th, 2005 04:43 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

gypsy, i fear we may have to dry hump this tour as I promise I will greet you.

Photo's ?!?!

[ Edited by Hefner ]
[Edited by Joey]
June 29th, 2005 05:13 PM
kath i think it's nice that we kept this thread about a woman's funeral so respectful and on topic. it's terrible that ronnie looks so shaken, what the hell is the matter with him anyway, he dumped her YEARS ago for jo.......

and don't even get me started about open tuning...what's that krissy? you're still dead? oh dear......
June 29th, 2005 05:54 PM
gypsy
quote:
kath wrote:
i think it's nice that we kept this thread about a woman's funeral so respectful and on topic. it's terrible that ronnie looks so shaken, what the hell is the matter with him anyway, he dumped her YEARS ago for jo.......

and don't even get me started about open tuning...what's that krissy? you're still dead? oh dear......

I think Krissy would want us to go off-topic and be silly.
June 29th, 2005 05:59 PM
texile or be off-topic and irrelevant....
i tried to be earnest and somber but somebody had to say something sarcastic so.....
it killed the mood for me.
does anyone have any more details?
June 29th, 2005 05:59 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I think Krissy would want us to go off-topic and be silly.

I think I would like to nuzzle you .
June 29th, 2005 06:06 PM
kath just sayin'...the woman died. all this other bullshit could be on ANY thread here, why does it have to be this one?

dust in the wind...
June 29th, 2005 06:15 PM
gypsy
quote:
texile wrote:
or be off-topic and irrelevant....
i tried to be earnest and somber but somebody had to say something sarcastic so.....
it killed the mood for me.
does anyone have any more details?

Details? You only have the world wide web at your fingertips.
June 29th, 2005 06:15 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
kath wrote:
just sayin'...the woman died. all this other bullshit could be on ANY thread here, why does it have to be this one?

dust in the wind...

No, you're just too sentimental. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. Over the last couple of decades people have begun to deal with grief in different way. I don't think it's necessarily a lack of respect, even though a traditionalist might.
June 29th, 2005 06:19 PM
gypsy
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

No, you're just too sentimental. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. Over the last couple of decades people have begun to deal with grief in different way. I don't think it's necessarily a lack of respect, even though a traditionalist might.

It also depends on your nationality. As I am part Choctaw, we just mourn our loved ones differently.
I'm not disrespecting Krissy, but there really isn't too much info about her in the first place, which makes it kind of difficult to stay on-topic.
I feel bad for her. That is a horrible way to die...lonely and depressed. It's too bad she didn't get help. But she is in peace now.
June 29th, 2005 06:22 PM
kath sorry. while i am aware of my terminal sentimentality, i guess i just didn't get the memo about open tuning, chicago and people's "luxuries" being appropriate topics on a funereal thread.

stupid me.
June 29th, 2005 11:14 PM
texile >>Details? You only have the world wide web at your fingertips.>>
gee, thanks......
June 30th, 2005 12:33 AM
gypsy
quote:
texile wrote:
>>Details? You only have the world wide web at your fingertips.>>
gee, thanks......

Don't mention it.
June 30th, 2005 10:41 AM
Joey

" As I am part Choctaw, we just mourn our loved ones differently. "

Isn't that near Scotland ?

June 30th, 2005 11:48 AM
glencar I think the Choctaws are soemwhat more interesting than the Scots! Hell, even Iceland is more interesting!
June 30th, 2005 11:55 AM
jb
quote:
kath wrote:
sorry. while i am aware of my terminal sentimentality, i guess i just didn't get the memo about open tuning, chicago and people's "luxuries" being appropriate topics on a funereal thread.

stupid me.

It is a sad thread....and we all share in Ronnie's pain.
June 30th, 2005 11:56 AM
glencar Of course. It's sad that she died like that & that poor Jesse has lost his Mum.
June 30th, 2005 12:01 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think the Choctaws are soemwhat more interesting than the Scots! Hell, even Iceland is more interesting!

Where is this land called Choctaw ?

Please ...............I's justs got's to's knows .

Remus
June 30th, 2005 12:03 PM
glencar Oke City.
June 30th, 2005 12:38 PM
jb Sadly, my old boss died of colon cancer at 51.............
June 30th, 2005 01:05 PM
kath see, that's my point, josh. can this woman have her own "dead thread" without it turning out to be about YOU????

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)