ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Gimme another chance please, I can play the drums babies
© 1970 Michael Putland with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Krissy Wood's Funeral Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
June 28th, 2005 06:58 PM
gypsy Ronnie & Jo at Krissy's funeral - June 27, 2005

Ron & Krissy's son Jesse at the funeral:

Both photos courtesy of Retna/Starface
June 28th, 2005 07:05 PM
texile sad ....
how did she die?
June 28th, 2005 07:17 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Who allowed photographers there to take pictures to be published on the web? Voyuerism run riot IMO.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
June 28th, 2005 07:29 PM
gypsy
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Who allowed photographers there to take pictures to be published on the web? Voyuerism run riot IMO.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]

Yes. I think it's very macabre myself. But there are also a lot of photos of the Stones at Mick's mother Eva's funeral at Getty Images and other agencies.
I think it's really disrespectful. I agonized over whether or not to even post the two photos above. I hope no one is offended. If so, I will take them down.
June 28th, 2005 07:47 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I think it's really disrespectful. I agonized over whether or not to even post the two photos above. I hope no one is offended. If so, I will take them down.

Well, I don't think anyone will be offended. I guess the ultimate decision is up to whoever is handling the funeral. Once the photos are out there, they're out there. And of course noone can conrol the papparazzi.
June 28th, 2005 08:21 PM
gypsy
quote:
texile wrote:
sad ....
how did she die?

I read that she died from a Valium overdose. I don't know if that is true or not, as I read it online somewhere.
June 28th, 2005 09:12 PM
jb Sadly, Ronnie does not look in any shape to tour....
June 28th, 2005 09:16 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
Sadly, Ronnie does not look in any shape to tour....

He should be much happier while attending a funeral for a woman who mothered his children.
What the hell is wrong with him?
June 28th, 2005 09:30 PM
texile true pdog.
that is very sad - death is death but when its self-destructive ....even more depressing.
June 28th, 2005 09:32 PM
jb
quote:
texile wrote:
true pdog.
that is very sad - death is death but when its self-destructive ....even more depressing.

Ronnie must button his shirt and sleaves......
June 28th, 2005 09:38 PM
texile well, that's true too jb.....
ronnie looks either very jolly or very sad.
i shouldn't be flip on this thread - it really does suck.
she is the first rolling stones significant other to die...
June 28th, 2005 09:43 PM
jb
quote:
texile wrote:
well, that's true too jb.....
ronnie looks either very jolly or very sad.
i shouldn't be flip on this thread - it really does suck.
she is the first rolling stones significant other to die...

Oh, I am sure he is quite sad..the mumu of his kids..But something very Osburne like in that photo..Like Sharon leading a fucked up Ozzy in a room....Hopoefully, Ronnie will not end up like Ozzy...........
June 28th, 2005 09:52 PM
texile yikes, images of an ozzie in the stones lexicon....
frightnening thought -
ronnie's fucked-up-ness is an ongoing joke with stones fans - but this is seriously troubling to me.
what if.....
June 28th, 2005 09:56 PM
jb
quote:
texile wrote:
yikes, images of an ozzie in the stones lexicon....
frightnening thought -
ronnie's fucked-up-ness is an ongoing joke with stones fans - but this is seriously troubling to me.
what if.....

as A GUITAR PLAYER, IT HURTS ME TO SEE HIM SO FRAIL.
June 28th, 2005 10:21 PM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:
as A GUITAR PLAYER, IT HURTS ME TO SEE HIM SO FRAIL.

I never knew you were a guitar player, jb.
Please tell me you're not really that Esteban guy that does those infomercials.

To be honest, I thought all four of the Stones didn't look very good at their May 10th press conference. Well, Mick's body looked very toned and in shape, but he has so many wrinkles. But Keith and Ronnie both had a really sickly-looking skin tone, especially Ronnie. Charlie also looked a bit frail to me.
I do realize they are getting older, but there are quite a few older men their age who have aged far better.
I think the Stones look good considering all they've gone through.
I know I'll catch some flak for this.
June 28th, 2005 10:43 PM
Soldatti Well, Mick & Keith are close to 62 and they have more than 2,000 shows on their shoulders.
June 29th, 2005 12:29 AM
glencar It's not teh shows that have aged Keith. He looked horrible at the press conference. Ronnie's 2nd wife looks pretty good but what a sad, sad, sad occasion for all concerned.
June 29th, 2005 01:02 AM
texile 'mick has too many wrinkles'
that just sounds funny....

as a player such as yourself, jb - me too;
i hate to pick on the guy on a thread like this....
but shit - ronnie's a stop and starter anyway -
listening to one his solos lately is like listening to someone stutter; i do that when i don't give a shit and am in a pissy mood, but i get shit from my band mates;
i wonder if mick ever misses mt on those fragmented and endless ronnie solos.

ronnie was so great on some girls, where did he go?
June 29th, 2005 05:27 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Yes. I think it's very macabre myself. But there are also a lot of photos of the Stones at Mick's mother Eva's funeral at Getty Images and other agencies.

I think Mick Jagger and his family gave permission for photographers to be present at his mother’s funeral.

I'm fairly sure that the snaps were featured in Hello magazine.
June 29th, 2005 09:41 AM
jb You are correct Gypsy.....I thought Charlie looked well which was surprising. Keith's other problke is his wardrobe..really embarassing stuff...Mick as well...these guys really don't know how to dress anymore...Keith either looks like a Vegas cabaret singer or a homeless junky...Mick has hiss moments, but the t-shirt under the long sleeve look went out about 10 yrs ago.
I shall practice my guitar playing today as I plan on joining Pug for a jam when we meet. I think I need to work on Stray Cat Blues.
June 29th, 2005 09:47 AM
jb It disturbs me to see all of these so called rock bands playing in "Drop D", why not just tune it all the way to Open G and freely admit you are copying it"
June 29th, 2005 11:44 AM
scratched
quote:
jb wrote:
It disturbs me to see all of these so called rock bands playing in "Drop D", why not just tune it all the way to Open G and freely admit you are copying it"

The musings of someone who doesn't really play guitar.
June 29th, 2005 11:48 AM
jb
quote:
scratched wrote:

The musings of someone who doesn't really play guitar.

I have been playing guitar for over 20 yrs..not something I like to talk about as I don't perform in a band.
June 29th, 2005 01:08 PM
glencar Joshy, they're slamming you from all sides these days! I got your back!
June 29th, 2005 02:32 PM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, they're slamming you from all sides these days! I got your back!

I have got your back too, my Jewish friend.
I believe you when you say you play the guitar.
June 29th, 2005 02:37 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I have got your back too, my Jewish friend.
I believe you when you say you play the guitar.

Thanks Gypsy...
The only other acceptable tunings in my eyes other than open tunings is the "Nashville Tuning"....need a reason why? play the studio version of Wild Horses!
June 29th, 2005 02:37 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
I have been playing guitar for over 20 yrs..not something I like to talk about as I don't perform in a band.

the recording you sent me was a pleasant surprise....I particularly liked your take on Dancing With Mr. D....did you use a Tube Screamer set low on that one? I will disagree with you, you are more than talented enough to play in a band....me and the rest of the VDP's look forward to jamming with you at the as of now undisclosed location.
June 29th, 2005 02:38 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Thanks Gypsy...
The only other acceptable tunings in my eyes other than open tunings is the "Nashville Tuning"....need a reason why? play the studio version of Wild Horses!

Open tunings are so much fun to play, but Nashville Tuning really gives a great sound. It is one of the reasons i fell in love with Wild Horses
June 29th, 2005 03:08 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

I beleive you Jb... Why would someone want to lie about something so trivial?
Just like Vader or even Nader, there's some good in all of us.
Keep on rocking in the free world...
I'm rich, Bitch!

June 29th, 2005 03:22 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:

I beleive you Jb... Why would someone want to lie about something so trivial?
Just like Vader or even Nader, there's some good in all of us.
Keep on rocking in the free world...
I'm rich, Bitch!

good point, jb has plenty of other well known luxuries in his life to speak proudly about....as low cost as a guitar hobby can be when you do not collect or play in a band, there are better myths to make up.

I assure you jb plays, and is not too bad...i look forward to jamming with him...he has told me he will buy the Blue label Walker. I hope to have said jam session at my new home (5700 sq foot under AC) completed Sept 1!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)