ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Gimme another chance please, I can play the drums babies
© 1970 Michael Putland with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Five days Stones trip in NY for 999 euros! Return to archive
June 22nd, 2005 05:18 PM
thejuf With Forty Licks Fanclub to the Rolling Stones in New York for 999 euros!

On 15 September the Rolling Stones will play New York; Forty Licks Fanclub gives fans the opportunity to witness that event! FLF has managed to buy tickets for Giants Stadium and enables fans to spend five days in The Big Apple!

Departure from Amsterdam Schiphol on 12 September 2005 09.30 uur, arrival New York JFK Airport 11.30 hr local time. Transfer to hotel Carter in Manhattan. There will be plenty of opportunity to explore the city .
On 15 September we will attend the concert in Giants Stadium (section 13, front of small stage). Transfer from Giants Stadium back to hotel Carter.
Departure from NY JFK 16 September 11.10 hr p.m. ,arrival at Amsterdam Schiphol : Saturday 17 September 2005 at 13.10 uur. Times indicated are local.

Prices: € 999 per person(Flight Amsterdam Schiphol - New York JFK v.v. per KLM Airlines, four nights in hotel Carter near Time Square , based on double room with shower/toilet(accomodation only), ticket Rolling Stones gig at Giants Stadium on 15 September, bustransfer back to hotel Carter, transfer JFK Airport and taxes are included. Travel insurance and cancellation insurance are excluded)
For more information/booking : [email protected]
NEW YORK YOU TALK A LOT, LET’S HAVE A LOOK AT ’YA!

Forty Licks Fanclub
The Netherlands
http://www.fortylicksfanclub.com
(a Stones fansite available in three languages)

June 22nd, 2005 05:27 PM
littleredrooster A great deal, come on over!!!!
You all are WELCOMED!!!!!!!
June 22nd, 2005 05:36 PM
thejuf thanks a million!
together we will paint the town red!!
June 22nd, 2005 07:21 PM
PeerQueer New York City and the Stones!

You will love it! Stop by Double Happiness for a spell- drinks on me

I'll be catching the Stones as well around that time
June 23rd, 2005 11:41 AM
gimmekeef It would be great if a reciprocal trip could be planned for 2006....A gang of us leave from USA to a European show or 2 with this type of package from reliable Stones fanclub!
June 23rd, 2005 06:11 PM
littleredrooster
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
It would be great if a reciprocal trip could be planned for 2006....A gang of us leave from USA to a European show or 2 with this type of package from reliable Stones fanclub!

You have NOT experienced the Stones until you have seen them live in Holland!!
June 24th, 2005 11:35 AM
glencar http://www.worldsbestbars.com/city/new-york/double-happiness-new-york.htm
June 28th, 2005 01:45 AM
Lavendar That sounds Really Really Good! To go to Europe on a Rolling Stones Excursion... or even Australia or Buenes Aires! *_*
June 29th, 2005 08:06 AM
ListenToTheLion I've seen the Stones in Giants Stadium in 1997 and it was a great disappointment. First you have to take a seat on the pitch! Please! To attend a Rolling Stones concert in a chair is the most surrealistic, unsatisfying experience you can imagine. Secondly I made the trip with a bunch of so called Dutch fans who were continuously talking during the concert with their back to the stage. Their ultimate goal was to let the home front know (and the inhabitants of NYC) they had seen the Stones in New York. Just another meaningless scalp on their belt.
June 29th, 2005 06:08 PM
kath who sits???
June 30th, 2005 03:06 AM
thejuf Listentothelion, sorry about the behaviour of my compatriots, but so far there have also been people from Germany, Belgium, Spain and France who are going to join us. this will not be a Dutch fan gathering, but a European gathering and we are all looking very much forward to it....
my friend Robin was in section 13 in Giants in 2003 and this was the only section in the stadium that did not have seats, because he was told the Stones don't want to play on the small stage with only seats in front. that is why we have specifically requested tickets for this section. it is front of small stage.
btw, you are most welcome to join us in NY!

[Edited by thejuf]
July 1st, 2005 09:11 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:

You have NOT experienced the Stones until you have seen them live in Holland!!

You have NOT experienced the Stones until you have seen them live in Brazil!!

Word!

J. Luis Inácio LULA da Silva!
July 1st, 2005 09:26 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
[...] To attend a Rolling Stones concert in a chair is the most surrealistic, unsatisfying experience you can imagine. [...]

Jay whole-heartedly agrees Lion!
July 5th, 2005 06:04 PM
Dutch Michael D.
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
I've seen the Stones in Giants Stadium in 1997 and it was a great disappointment. First you have to take a seat on the pitch! Please! To attend a Rolling Stones concert in a chair is the most surrealistic, unsatisfying experience you can imagine. Secondly I made the trip with a bunch of so called Dutch fans who were continuously talking during the concert with their back to the stage. Their ultimate goal was to let the home front know (and the inhabitants of NYC) they had seen the Stones in New York. Just another meaningless scalp on their belt.

i agree, i was at the De Kuip in Rotterdam on august 11, 2003, and there were two people sitting in front of me, just sitting, and clapping their hands after a song was finished, i could not understand it, why are you going to a Stones show?? to have a good time , have fun, to dance, sing and drinkin' beer whole night long, and they smelled bad too !!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)