ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Fourchette at Pocé sur Cisse
© Gérard Proust from Le Magazine de la Touraine

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Iceland calling... Return to archive
3rd July 2004 07:11 PM
Hjaltig Metallica,Deep Purple,Korn,Pink,Sting no doubt that we miss the boy´s from Engeland the greatest band ever I think it is fear they come see Iceland, but Brazil,Mexico,South of America they have plenty of time to go there in future when they reach 70-80 the boy´s will be jamming.
So Iceland Rock´s on.
Iceman...
3rd July 2004 07:45 PM
glencar Iceland's probably hot today, Charlie!
3rd July 2004 08:06 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Iceland's probably hot today, Charlie!

Hot!? I don't know when the last time Iceland was hot??? Maine is NEVER hot either....except for a burst of humidity once in awhile. .

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
3rd July 2004 08:08 PM
glencar It's not quite in the Artic Circle so it probably gets hot sometimes. "Hot" being relative, natch.
4th July 2004 12:14 AM
beer
quote:
Hjaltig wrote:
Metallica,Deep Purple,Korn,Pink,Sting no doubt that we miss the boy´s from Engeland the greatest band ever I think it is fear they come see Iceland

Pink and Sting should start a band together. They could call it 'Stink'.
4th July 2004 12:26 PM
Hjaltig I like that one could be "Stinking good band" we have band here in Iceland locaded in Keflavik my hometown called Deep Jimmy and the Zep Cream.
They are bloody good. Metallica is getting ready for tonights show at Egilshollin cap 18.000 and 250 police and security members to keep everything in order.www.icelandreview.com
keep sending us the gulfstream to keep us warm here, we have lots of hot water here and one spot here called The Blue Lagoon with geothermal water and I believe Metallica got warmed up there before tonight show. You can say Iceland is a hotspot.
www.undirtonar.is
www.musik.is
www.geimsteinn.is Keflavik´s jewell.
Iceman.

[Edited by Hjaltig]
[Edited by Hjaltig]
[Edited by Hjaltig]
[Edited by Hjaltig]
[Edited by Hjaltig]
[Edited by Hjaltig]
4th July 2004 06:06 PM
Sir Stonesalot Iceland is starkly beautiful. The people are very genuine and hospitable. The girls are exotic and sexy.

I could not eat the rotted shark meat though.

Welcome to the board Iceman.
4th July 2004 06:21 PM
Monkey Woman The Stones never played in Iceland but Mick Jagger spent a short vacation there in 1999. (I wonder what part of the world he hadn't visited already.)

See a pic and short article at Iorr.org:

http://www.iorr.org/iorr37/boys.htm

And a cool little story about the same trip:

"MICK'S HOLIDAY ON ICE

For the discerning traveler who wants more than just another frolic in the sun, Iceland offers a lot--if you like sea birds, hot springs and geysers. Not to mention the occasional chance of spotting an authentic rock and roll geezer. For some reason, celebs are beginning to flock to this North Atlantic island. Does this mean that Iceland, just below the Arctic Circle, is suddenly in danger of becoming the hot new place? Well, maybe not hot, but at least temperate.

Earlier this month, Mick Jagger, 56, on a three-day trip with friends to hike, bike and bird watch, was seen pedaling a bicycle along the streets of tiny Isafjordur, a remote hamlet on the island's western coast. The locals respected his privacy, says police Chief Olafur Helgi Kjartansson. While at the Maritime Museum in town, Jagger asked the caretaker so many questions about the country's geothermal waters and such that the caretaker inquired, "Are you a geologist?" To which Jagger replied, "No, just interested."

People Weekly; 9/20/1999

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
4th July 2004 06:26 PM
Hjaltig
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Iceland is starkly beautiful. The people are very genuine and hospitable. The girls are exotic and sexy.

I could not eat the rotted shark meat though.

Welcome to the board Iceman.

I always have trouble eating shark to 1 or two bites are ok with hole bottle of Brennivín good excuse to get waisted!!!
Keith say´d once: If you want do get waisted get waisted elegentli.
Iceman.
http://www.isholf.is/gullis/jo/shark.htm Shark´s
4th July 2004 07:15 PM
Hjaltig Monkey Woman wrote:
The Stones never played in Iceland but Mick Jagger spent a short vacation there in 1999. (I wonder what part of the world he hadn't visited already.)

See a pic and short article at Iorr.org:

http://www.iorr.org/iorr37/boys.htm

And a cool little story about the same trip:

Thank´s Monkey Woman

I haven't seen that photo of Mick and 'Asdís which is also my sister´s name for awhile cool. I did put a little article in www.stonesplanet.com about Mick´s surprice to visiting Iceland.The pic is taken at 'Isafjordur harbour.

AUG. 6 Mick returned back to London the other day from a few days private holiday in Iceland, where he spend a lot of time in the beautiful nature in this area of the world. Rumours are saying he also went to Iceland for eventually concert plans.
AUG. 9 When Mick Jagger stayed in Iceland for a day with an Italian friend. They came with boat. Rumours says, they were lookin' for a good spot to have a concert in the future. It could be fantastic to have a concert on the top of the biggest glacier in the world - Vatnajökul - it would be something.
Mick also took a flight journey arounde Iceland in the beautiful weather.
(Borrowed from Stonesplanet.

http://www.gi.is/hjaltig/images/OlafurHjalti2.jpg

Here is photo of Iceman and great Olafur Helgi the chief holding Chuck´s book I got from him autographed we had many Icelandic´s mucisians also autograph the book.

P.S. Led Zeppelin once wrote a song deticated to Iceland The immigrant song when they played here at the land of ice and fire...72 I recall..
Now we are waiting for Mick to make song about geothermal water or something..
Iceman.

[Edited by Hjaltig]
[Edited by Hjaltig]
[Edited by Hjaltig]