ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Fourchette at Pocé sur Cisse
© Gérard Proust from Le Magazine de la Touraine

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: We Miss You Brian Return to archive
2nd July 2004 11:55 PM
gypsy Sure wish Brian was around making great music. I know he could be a real jerk sometimes (well, from what I've read anyway)...but I think he was misunderstood...I also think something happened in his childhood that never has come to surface (probably better that way.) If he were alive during these times, he would have received the help he needed.
Rest in peace, Brian.
3rd July 2004 01:09 AM
beer Brian Jones is the reason i first got interested in slide guitar, plus all the other crazy stuff he played also, like the sitar and dulcimer, and how he integrated these things into rock music. The guy was WAY ahead of his time. i consider him a genius.
3rd July 2004 03:26 AM
gypsy I do too. The only turn-off is when the Brian-fanatics start with their theories about Keith and Mick being behind Brian's murder. I do think he was murdered by Frank Thorogood and his mangy crew. I think Keith and Anita were totally overcome with guilt by the way they treated him...look at how they medicated themselves after his death.
But, yeah, I love Brian's work on most of their early stuff...especially "Paint it Black."
3rd July 2004 03:34 AM
IanBillen
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I do too. The only turn-off is when the Brian-fanatics start with their theories about Keith and Mick being behind Brian's murder. I do think he was murdered by Frank Thorogood and his mangy crew. I think Keith and Anita were totally overcome with guilt by the way they treated him...look at how they medicated themselves after his death.
But, yeah, I love Brian's work on most of their early stuff...especially "Paint it Black."

Yes Brian was Way ahead of his time and in the early days was one of the best guitarists in the business. Other folks don't realise the guy had such a range in musical ability. He could pick up just about any instrument and master it. I beleive Thorogood admited to murdering Brian on his death bed. Brian had alot of issues. I don't know why he was so self destructive and hatred at times? Mick and Keith not attending his funeral is so damn strange.
Ian
Ian
3rd July 2004 05:55 AM
Moonisup http://www.photofeaturesint.com/rollingstones/
3rd July 2004 07:16 AM
magicwoman great pics miu
3rd July 2004 09:35 AM
LadyJane Always a sad day!

RIP, Brian.

You haven't been judged harshly!

LJ.
3rd July 2004 09:43 AM
Nellcote His family are the real losers here.
All of us here are the winners...
He founded the band.
Almost a decade of great music, that's a non issue.
Part of an era which will never be forgotten.
Play his music loud, regale in that treasure.
3rd July 2004 12:33 PM
Scottfree What irritates me, is you here about all the other Rock legends that died in this era, and most times Brian is never mentioned (outside of a Rolling Uglies web board)....
3rd July 2004 12:35 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Scottfree wrote:
(outside of a Rolling Uglies web board)....

uglies
3rd July 2004 08:11 PM
glencar That does suck. It's always Jimi, Janis & that Doors guy. Shit, sometimes they'll mention Mama Cass & her big fat ass before they talk about the genuis Brian. Sad sad sad.
3rd July 2004 08:17 PM
Gazza >Mick and Keith not attending his funeral is so damn strange.

Mick's reasons have been covered many times. He had to go to Australia immediately after the Hyde Park concert. He had already postponed the trip to play the show and it was holding up the production and he would have been sued had he delayed it any further.

Keith? Different story entirely. Maybe the fact that he stole Brian's girlfriend may have been something to do with his absence but can't see personally why he couldnt have gone
3rd July 2004 08:45 PM
glencar Not on the VH1 crap that I see, Motels.
4th July 2004 12:23 AM
beer I don't think Brian gets much credit anywhere, ever, except among Stones obsessives like us. Unfortunately, it seems that he is largely forgotten or left out of most R-n-R history stuff. If they looked deep enough, they'd see and hear his incredible contributions.
4th July 2004 06:27 PM
gypsy I don't think Anita & Keith should have gone to the funeral. That would have been tacky. Anita was also a month away from giving birth to Marlon...she wouldn't have needed anything to upset her. Her pregnancy is a good enough excuse for me.
I honestly think people make too big of a deal about Keith "stealing" Anita from Brian. Look at how they all swapped chicks for years...Linda Keith 'dated' Keith, Brian, and Jimi Hendrix...Suki Potier dated Brian and Jimi as well. I suppose it is because Anita was the most beautiful and intelligent of all the Stones women back then.
I was dating a guy for two years...we were engaged. He was a jerk...not abusive...but you could tell he was heading that way...broke my possessions and such. My current boyfriend (we've been together for over 12 years now) was friends with me and my ex...and kind of like the Brian-Anita-Keith thing, he just happened to always be around, and there was an attraction...but we never acted on it until I broke up w/ the other boyfriend after a huge fight.
I think Keith was around alot...he was getting better looking...you can see it in the photos...his confidence was growing...and, hell, we all know the guy is so damn witty. Anita was probably very attracted to that in Keith.
Sure, Brian was a musical genius, but he treated women like dogs...and Keith loves women.