ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Fourchette at Pocé sur Cisse
© Gérard Proust from Le Magazine de la Touraine

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tops Return to archive
2nd July 2004 10:32 PM
Soldatti Today on some Argentinean radio, someone requested "Tops". I couldn't believe, because here all the people always requests the same songs to death as SMU, Out Of Tears, ASMB? or Don't Stop. On this radio they delayed like 15 minutes to find the song, because the only from "Tattoo You" that they have on the list is SMU.
After that time, they played the song, the girl of the radio said that this is the first time that she hear this song and was incredible. 10 minutes later, a lot of e-mails and some others phone calls were asking on what album is the song. Some of my friends on the job were asking the same.

"Tops" always was one of my favorites, not only of the Stones, ever. I was so happy that the people heard this song, it's so incredible forgotten for the fans and at least musically is one of the best songs that Mick & Keith have written ever.
I can't believe that not was a single on his time.
[Edited by Soldatti]
2nd July 2004 11:23 PM
Poplar
THE CONVERSIONS CONTINUE!!!!
2nd July 2004 11:35 PM
Egbert Agreed Soldatti. Too bad Tops didn't make it on to the album it was originally recorded for: Goats Head Soup (preferably in place of Can You Hear The Music) - its inclusion would've really put that album over the top for me.
[Edited by Egbert]
3rd July 2004 12:37 PM
Scottfree Thanks guys....You're the Tops....
3rd July 2004 08:07 PM
glencar "Tops" should have been a single but WOAF had that Sonny Rollins sax bit so I guess it was considered better.
4th July 2004 06:17 AM
Ronnie B. Wood In one part of the song when you reverse it you hear mick saying I LOVE YOU, SAID THE DEVIL , very clear!