ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Fourchette at Pocé sur Cisse
© Gérard Proust from Le Magazine de la Touraine

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Movie REview: Bad Santa (nsc) Return to archive
2nd July 2004 02:34 PM
Bloozehound Since it's a holiday weekend in the US & peeps will no doubt be looking for things to do - I figure I'll get the word out and tell you to avoid renting this horrible flick called "Bad Santa."

Not only is this flick not funny, it's even not entertaining. It's boring and depressing at best.

It's nothing more than your typical, run of the mill Hollywood caper film that tries to be a Coen Brothers-esque, edgy, offbeat little tale that walks the delicate balance between lighthearted silliness and dark humor, but instead it falls flat on it's face in every aspect. They say imitation is the best form of flattery, but it always pales in comparison to the original. The film seems to have most of the ingredients for success, but the execution just isn't there, the timings off, and it's not funny, entertaining, nor enjoyable. It tries too hard, and it doesn't pay off.

The main problem is that Billy Bob Thornton is badly miscast in a role that would have been perfectly suited for someone like Bruce Willis or George Clooney, who could've really carried this kinda material.

Thornton can play psycho, but not a very sympathetic one, which is what this film needed. His ad-libbing skills seemed to prohibit him from doing anything EXCEPT blow anything and everything out of porportion, and start yelling, "What the fuck, fucker!? Shit, fuck, shit!, Goddammit fuck, shitfucker!"

Bravo performance Billy!

If your just bound to see it, my recommendation would be to rent it along with "Gigli" for a doublefeature of schooling on bad cinematic ideas, and what NOT to do if you're trying to make a hip, Hollywood flick.

I rate this piece of shit fuck, shit fucker, turkey of a jerk-off film - one stokin' bird (outta potential 4).

I am outta here - have a good weekend & May the Stone's be with you!

2nd July 2004 02:42 PM
Joey

We plan to see Michael Moore's film this weekend if it rains.

Oh , by the way , rumors are everywhere that Hillary Clinton might accept the V. P. spot .

Developing ...................................

" Stones Rule You Friggin Bastards ! "

Surcee !
2nd July 2004 02:44 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

We plan to see Michael Moore's film this weekend if it rains.

Oh , by the way , rumors are everywhere that Hillary Clinton might accept the V. P. spot .

Developing ...................................

" Stones Rule You Friggin Bastards ! "

Surcee !

2nd July 2004 02:48 PM
Joey

I'm learning how to meditate
So far so good
I'm building the Andrea Doria out of balsa wood
The days really don't last forever
But it's getting pretty damn close
And that's when I remember the things I miss the most:

JB
S.S.
Somebody to trust
My Baby Steelie
( cue guitar lick )
The house on the Vineyard
The house on the gulf coast
These are the things I miss the most ..........

Steely Joe !
2nd July 2004 03:50 PM
Some Guy I rented it, had to stop it and return it. Badder Santa sucked far, far more!
2nd July 2004 03:56 PM
Snappy McJack
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

I rate this piece of shit fuck, shit fucker, turkey of a jerk-off film - one stokin' bird (outta potential 4).

LOL!!!!!!!