ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Fourchette at Pocé sur Cisse
© Gérard Proust from Le Magazine de la Touraine

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Albums that are dead wood Return to archive
1st July 2004 11:10 PM
Mel Belli Only two songs from the very fine and underrated "Dirty Work" have been aired live, not counting the Winos' version of "Too Rude."

"DW" is thus down there with "Satanic Majesties," from which we've only heard two.

Question: how to treat those TV "performances" of songs like "I Am Waiting" and "Till the Next Goodbye." They didn't *really* play them, but they were "performed" in public.

We need a ruling.
[Edited by Mel Belli]
2nd July 2004 01:10 AM
glencar There's no dead wood when talking about Stones music.
2nd July 2004 01:36 AM
beer I'm not sure what you're question is, but do you have the performance of 'Til The Next Goodbye'? I would love to see it.

In my opinion, Dirty Work is absolutely terrible. I think the people that love it, love it for sentimental value mostly; ie, they grew up listening to it or something. I can't even listen to it the whole way through.

On the other hand, I think Satanic Majesties has some truely great stuff on it: 2000 Man, Citadel, Rainbow, Light Years. I like Citadel the best of the album.
2nd July 2004 03:31 AM
F505
quote:
beer wrote:
In my opinion, Dirty Work is absolutely terrible. I think the people that love it, love it for sentimental value mostly; ie, they grew up listening to it or something. I can't even listen to it the whole way through.

On the other hand, I think Satanic Majesties has some truely great stuff on it: 2000 Man, Citadel, Rainbow, Light Years. I like Citadel the best of the album.

100 % true!
2nd July 2004 05:26 AM
Gazza >Question: how to treat those TV "performances" of songs like "I Am Waiting" and "Till the Next Goodbye." They didn't *really* play them, but they were "performed" in public.

Till The Next Goodbye has never been "performed". They only filmed a promo for it for TV. There wasnt even a studio audience, so theres no "grey" area with that one.

"I Am Waiting" was performed live before a studio audience on Ready Steady Go, but never "in concert". As far as our setlists page goes, we only consider actual concert performances as "live" appearances, not guest appearances on TV shows

2nd July 2004 11:17 AM
Main Offender Stones/Winos= NO DEAD WOOD!!!
2nd July 2004 12:20 PM
Scottfree This post is ghey.....Deadwood my ass....hmmm that might be a ghey statement....
2nd July 2004 12:51 PM
jb Undercover
Dirty work
Steel Wheels
BTB
2nd July 2004 01:12 PM
Gimme Shelter All Rap albums are dead wood. All Stones albums are classics.
2nd July 2004 03:23 PM
Mel Belli Undercover is down there with Satanic. Only two songs from it have ever been played. ... But SW and B2B have had most of their songs played at least once...
2nd July 2004 03:26 PM
jb Throw in Flashpoint and NO Security as well...
2nd July 2004 03:34 PM
Joey

Dirty Work is a crap album that ranks alongside the abysmal 1979 Wings' disaster " Back to the Egg " as the worst discs EVER Made .

2nd July 2004 04:07 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:
Throw in Flashpoint and NO Security as well...

Indeed and don't forget Still Life!
2nd July 2004 04:09 PM
Joey

Flashpoint ROCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2nd July 2004 04:13 PM
F505
quote:
Joey wrote:

Flashpoint ROCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No it sure DON"T
2nd July 2004 04:21 PM
F505 And throw in half of Emotional Rescue too...
2nd July 2004 04:38 PM
Mel Belli Half of an album is a solid showing... ER doesn't qualify as dead wood.
2nd July 2004 04:41 PM
Joey
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Half of an album is a solid showing... ER doesn't qualify as dead wood.

Hi Mel .............Dig your Avatar