ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Fourchette at Pocé sur Cisse
© Gérard Proust from Le Magazine de la Touraine

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Albums with all songs played live Return to archive
1st July 2004 10:48 PM
Mel Belli By my count, only two - "Some Girls" and "Black and Blue."

"Let It Bleed" could be included on a technicality - if you count "Country Honk" as having been played live in a different version.
1st July 2004 11:06 PM
Mel Belli Close contenders ...

"Sticky Fingers" misses by what studio engineers call a CH - all but "Sway."

"Beggars" misses by two.

"Tattoo You" misses by three.

Funnily enough, B2B misses by only three.
1st July 2004 11:23 PM
Mel Belli Looks like "Out of Our Heads" makes the cut too.

2nd July 2004 12:00 AM
Blind Dog McGhee Oh this is about the Stones. I was going to say Cheap Trick did that.
2nd July 2004 01:21 AM
beer A little bit of Country Honk was played at Knebworth, 76. I have the video of it. Does anyone have the complete Knebworth video?? I only have about ten songs from it, but the actual setlist was huge. Maybe even the biggest live set they ever played?
2nd July 2004 02:09 AM
marko So far no complete Knebworth video is surfing,however,there
2 versions,with a bit diffrent set list.
Show is completely available on CD,which is mix of SBD&AUD.
2nd July 2004 07:21 AM
Gazza >Looks like "Out of Our Heads" makes the cut too.

The US version does. The UK version contains 6 different songs, including "Gotta Get Away" which has not been played live.

The others are, as stated above, Let it Bleed, Some Girls and Black and Blue.

Last songs from each album to be premiered "live" were

Memory Motel(B&B) - Washington 1.8.94 ("Melody" was played live at the El Mocambo shows in '77, but the only performance since and the only one in circulation was Shepherds Bush '99.)

You Got The Silver (LIB) and Some Girls were both premiered at Oakland on 25.1.99

Surprisingly, all of the US "Out of our heads" album had been played in concert before the end of 1965.

[Edited by Gazza]
2nd July 2004 07:37 AM
Gazza >A little bit of Country Honk was played at Knebworth, 76. I have the video of it. Does anyone have the complete Knebworth video?? I only have about ten songs from it, but the actual setlist was huge. Maybe even the biggest live set they ever played?

As far as the number of songs played - yes, its the longest. I think there have been shows which were longer though (Philly 31.8.89 probably takes the honour as longest gig)

There is only about an hour of Knebworth on video. It comes from raw news footage of the gig filmed for BBC TV news, although only a couple of snippets were broadcast. The original tape that circulated was only about 35 minutes and hard to find in great quality. However, a friend of mine who worked for the BBC found the one hour master tape in their archives and "borrowed" it for long enough to make a copy. Thats where the high quality copy comes from
[Edited by Gazza]
2nd July 2004 08:36 AM
egon do you guys look the info up, or do you just know?
2nd July 2004 09:12 AM
Gazza we just know
2nd July 2004 09:12 AM
Gazza our lives are otherwise very empty at times of inactivity like this
2nd July 2004 09:15 AM
Gazza well..regarding the setlists stuff - I spent several weeks a few years ago compiling the setlists page that you'll see linked at the top of this message board, and then again updating most of it for the Licks tour.

Still needs some updating though. I'll have to get round to it one of these days

But if youre collecting audios and videos down the years, I guess you can just rhyme SOME stuff off the top of your head