ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Fourchette at Pocé sur Cisse
© Gérard Proust from Le Magazine de la Touraine

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Back From The Beach! Return to archive Page: 1 2
29th June 2004 05:04 PM
Sir Stonesalot I just returned from my family vacation...did I miss anything?

I love vacations. Laying around on the beach, drinking icy cold beer, teaching my son the nuances of oogling hot bikini chicks without mom slapping you upside the head, playing golf poorly on strange overpriced courses, eating in nice restaurants every night, cranking up the headphones so I don't have to listen to my wife yapping, not having to mow grass all the fucking time, watching my son light up when his fave player(Jim Thome) hits not one but two dingers at his first ever big league game, laughing my head off at him shaking his ass at a George Thorogood show....

But vacation is done, back to the working world!

So, besides Dylan going back out on tour this summer...what else happened around here?
29th June 2004 05:12 PM
beer Did you go surfing?

29th June 2004 05:13 PM
Nellcote Hey SS;

I see your man Thome lit it up for one game vs. the Bosox, however, he was muted after that, what gives?
He's still a wicked pissa player, he's got a hot babe wife, and said that Crazy Manny was the best player he ever played with, wonder what planet that was on?

Glad to hear the beach agreed with you, and that your son was shown the finer parts of beach scenery...

Carry on!
29th June 2004 05:22 PM
Sir Stonesalot Surfing? No.

Do they do that on the east coast? With our huge 2 foot waves, I don't think the surfing would be very good.

However, I discovered that I am VERY good at drinking copious amounts of beer...and that my kid likes to get me fresh ones out of the fridge(or cooler) whenever I ask!

What a good boy!

Hey boy! Get yer dad a cold one!

It's like having a remote control for beer!

I wonder when it starts mowing the lawn too?
[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
29th June 2004 05:45 PM
Riffhard Hey SS what beach were you on? Surely you did not hit the Jersy Shore w/o letting me know?! If you ever hit my area you need to let me know. I can hook you up with loads of fun and beers! The radio bussiness has iit's perks with all the local pubs and clubs!

Riffhard
29th June 2004 06:13 PM
Gazza >So, besides Dylan going back out on tour this summer...what else happened around here?

The Stones released a limited edition new album which was deleted and pulped after being on sale for a week... it was called "Especially for Ian"

They announced the album and a new North American tour in a press conference held in a McDonald's in Burnham, Pa...the 10 date world tour started the following day and took in club shows (at $20 a ticket and open to Rocks Off members only) in Burnham, Pa. , Union, NJ, Oyster Bay, NY, Boca Raton, Fl., Omaha, Ne., Wilmington, Oh., Champaign, Il., Waterloo, Ontario, Silver Spring, Md. and Orange, Ca.

the final show was 2 days ago. each show was about 25 songs and they played no songs that had been released as singles, on each night they played an entire album in full and took requests from the stage...and Charlie sang lead vocals on "Gomper" most nights.

We tried to contact you but you didnt seem to be around....

[Edited by Gazza]
29th June 2004 06:28 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:
>So, besides Dylan going back out on tour this summer...what else happened around here?

The Stones released a limited edition new album which was deleted and pulped after being on sale for a week... it was called "Especially for Ian"

They announced the album and a new North American tour in a press conference held in a McDonald's in Burnham, Pa...the 10 date world tour started the following day and took in club shows (at $20 a ticket and open to Rocks Off members only) in Burnham, Pa. , Union, NJ, Oyster Bay, NY, Boca Raton, Fl., Omaha, Ne., Wilmington, Oh., Champaign, Il., Waterloo, Ontario, Silver Spring, Md. and Orange, Ca.

the final show was 2 days ago. each show was about 25 songs and they played no songs that had been released as singles, on each night they played an entire album in full and took requests from the stage...and Charlie sang lead vocals on "Gomper" most nights.

We tried to contact you but you didnt seem to be around....

And in a fit of righteous rage, Keith dismissed all backup singers and horn players; Ronnie Wood moved to bass; Mick Taylor miraculously lost 80 lbs. and played lead guitar each night.

Keith and Ronnie refrained from posing. Ian McClagan took over on keyboards, and on the last night of the tour, the resurrected Ian Stewart ascended into heaven.
29th June 2004 06:29 PM
Gazza now youre just being silly and unrealistic......!
29th June 2004 07:05 PM
Sir Stonesalot Holy Moly!

The Stones were in a McDonalds?

Mick Taylor lost 80lbs? And was at a McDonalds? In bumfuck Central PA? And none of the dumbshit rednecks tried to shoot them? Hmmmm...

Methinks there be leg pullin' afoot!

Riffy...Yeah I was staying at the Fairway Villas in Absecon. I didn't think about calling you till I was already down there, and then I forgot what station you worked at. I know it was some kind of animal name, but I just couldn't get it. Really wouldn't have had much time to socialize though...but even a couple of hours with my fave Republinazi would have been a cool thing. Next time though, I promise.
29th June 2004 07:10 PM
Gazza Oh...and the new album was fucking awful

It featured covers by Kraftwerk, Bon Jovi and The Eagles, amongst others....you didnt miss much.
29th June 2004 07:30 PM
Snappy McJack Yeah, that cover of "We Built this City" by Starship didn't come over very well, either.
29th June 2004 07:44 PM
Sir Stonesalot I can't believe that you even joked about The Stones covering The Eagles or Bon Jovi.

That shit just ain't funny.

Nick Faldo has a golf school at the resort I was at(Nick was not there though). I won an Odessey Tri-Force putter in a long drive contest. I banged one out there at 336 yards. My GOD I do love modern golf technology!
29th June 2004 08:21 PM
Gazza Now all ya gotta do is learn how to putt!

At the minute, thats ALL I can do...

Oh, I saw 3 excellent Dylan shows last week and had a little miracle - you can read about it in this thread here:

http://www.novogate.com/board/968/196609-1.html
29th June 2004 08:31 PM
Monkey Woman Hello Sir, it's great to have you back! The board is just crazy these times...
29th June 2004 08:34 PM
parmeda SS, I'm glad to see you scraped out most of the sand from the crack of yer ass, darlin' ...glad you had a good vacation!

I saw Prince last week! HE ROCKED!!!
...and you were right on the $$$ 'bout him.
I saw "The Shoes"...*sighs*
...damn, I want a pair!
But, check out my thread about him, lots of stuff happened while he was here
29th June 2004 08:34 PM
luxury1 Hey RIffy!! Can I look you up when I hit Pt. Pleasant Beach July 19?? PM me........
29th June 2004 08:35 PM
Mel Belli Sir Stones, you were in Absecon? ... My hometown, born and raised.
29th June 2004 08:52 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Gazza wrote:

[Edited by Gazza]

Gazza...POST of the week!! LMFAO!!

Glad your back SS!!

LJ.
29th June 2004 08:56 PM
gypsy SS, you tease. I thought you were gone for good. LadyJane and I were sad because an RO board without you is like...well, can't think of a good ANALogy right now...but, you know. We missed you! Glad to have you back. Any closer to getting that Corvette?
29th June 2004 09:18 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah Mel...I know, odd place for a vacation...but the resort villas were really nice. The golf courses were both really good ones...Donald Ross did them...and we got there the day after the LPGA held an event there. The greens were like lightning! AC is only 10 minutes, and Brigantine Beach was only 15 minutes, so, as you know, it's well located for getting around.

I gotta say though.....who built those roads down there? Whomever it was has no fuckin' common sense!

I suppose by now it's pretty obvious that I was having you all on about leaving the board. I was going on vacation and thought I'd stir some shit.

I know I lied to some of you who emailed and pm'ed me...but I had to do it like that. It was the only way to sell the drama. If I had let any of you know what was really going on, it would have gotten out and the gag wouldn't have worked.

So anyhow, sorry for the fib. Just me having a goof on ya.
29th June 2004 09:22 PM
parmeda I'm laughing my ass off, you prick
29th June 2004 09:40 PM
Sir Stonesalot Gypsy!

Where's my new pics!?!?

Yeah, I'm closer to getting my 'Vette. Gave a dude a couple hundred to hold one for me for the summer. '73 Stingray, red, factory T tops...very sharp, very fast. Shitty stereo...but that can be fixed real quick.

Minor setback...the job my wife interviewed for was given to the Asst. Sup.'s daughter. No nepotism there!
29th June 2004 09:50 PM
LadyJane We don't take kindly to teasing!!

WE ladies will have the last laugh on you!

LJ.

29th June 2004 10:39 PM
BILL PERKS I GREW UP IN BRIGANTINE...TOO BAD THE CASTLE ISNT STILL THERE-IT WAS THE BOMB...MY BRO LIVES IN ABSECON.GLAD YOURE BACK.SANITY HAS RETURNED.TO CELEBRATE I'M ADDING MICKMASK TO THE IDIOT LIST
29th June 2004 11:00 PM
gypsy I'm glad you're getting closer to getting that 'vette. Sounds really cool. Road trip, anyone?
I bet your wife will get a better job. If not, some of the RO ladies and I will knock off the competition for a few of your bootlegs. We can be mean when we have to.
29th June 2004 11:12 PM
gypsy SS, I also have what I call "Plan B." My man has been a real jerk lately. So, I'm thinking if the wife doesn't get a job soon, you just drive that 'vette on down to OK, and we'll take a roadtrip. We'll even go get Joey, so he can ride with the wind blowing into his Tardrite 2004.
I haven't made an itinerary yet...I'll leave that to you.
30th June 2004 07:16 AM
marko Well,was anyone even naked there?
30th June 2004 07:28 AM
LadyJane Hey...Mr Back from the Beach..check your PM!!

LJ.
30th June 2004 09:39 AM
Mel Belli SS, I schlepped bags at that golf resort for four years ... And boy do I miss those tips. Loose cash - there's nothing like it.
30th June 2004 09:46 AM
Phog Stonsey, it's good to have you back. Cheers.
Page: 1 2