ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Fourchette at Pocé sur Cisse
© Gérard Proust from Le Magazine de la Touraine

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: toronto rocks dvd Return to archive Page: 1 2
29th June 2004 11:09 PM
mickmask Ok, so I'm a real compu-tard. I sent it to Voodoo to beg for his help.
It's a scan pic that just won't post.
mm.
30th June 2004 04:38 PM
midnight-rambler Hello everybody,

I have the Boot DVD with AC/DC (12 songs!!), RUSH & the STONES complete sets in 2 DVD's. The quality is amazing!!!.If your looking for the music only, get this one, but if you want want the whole publicity stunt get the official one.

A.L.
30th June 2004 07:52 PM
mickkeith watched it last night and even blew the neighbours away -totally awesome
1st July 2004 10:48 PM
MP $13.99 at Amazon.com
3rd July 2004 12:04 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! >> By all accounts, this was not one of the Stone's stronger performances. Indeed, many who attended claimed that AC/DC
blew the Stones off the stage. That, combined with the horror of Justine Timberlake appearing on stage with the band, makes it obviously apparent that this is one DVD that some Stones fans may want to pass on. <<

I have the bootleg DVD, and yes, AC/DC's performance was much stronger then The Stones. This by all accounts is one of the worst performances that I have seen them do. For this offical release, why the fuck would they include "Miss You" out of all the songs they performed? And how pssibly can you edit all the bottle throwing that took place during the song? Don't waste you money on this unless you feel you must get everything The Stones ever release.

3rd July 2004 12:50 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Happy Motherfucker!! wrote:
And how pssibly can you edit all the bottle throwing that took place during the song?

They didn't edit it out. The Stones even joke about it and all the things that were thrown at them in past years (bottles, coins, shoes...)
3rd July 2004 01:04 PM
Lazy Bones T.O. Rocks DVD predictable
By DARRYL STERDAN
Winnipeg Sun
TORONTO ROCKS
Various Artists
(TGA/Warner)

The baking heat. The endless lineups. The overpriced concessions. Let's face it: If you've been to one of those gigantic outdoor megafestivals, you've pretty much been to them all.

Likewise, if you've seen a DVD of any festival -- be it Woodstock or whatever -- you know what to expect from Toronto Rocks, the video set documenting last year's SARSstock concert headlined by The Rolling Stones.

You get the usual abbreviated, hit-heavy performances from a slate of acts including Rush, AC/DC, The Guess Who, The Isley Brothers, The Flaming Lips and of course the Stones, who slog through a half-dozen hits like Start Me Up, Satisfaction and Jumpin' Jack Flash.

You get the pathetic, sub-Blues Brothers antics of hosts Dan Aykroyd and Jim Belushi. And naturally, you get plenty of footage of topless whoo girls on their boyfriends' shoulders. (Which begs two questions: What is it that prompts women to casually disrobe in crowds; and how do we make it happen when we're stuck in line at the bank?)

Toronto Rocks has other faults besides predictability. The fact that at least three of the acts on the bill -- AC/DC, Rush and the Stones -- recently put out vastly superior live DVDs of their own certainly doesn't help. Nor does all the shamelessly self-aggrandizing hype from promoters, who try to attach historic significance to the event by repeatedly proclaiming it "the largest ticketed single-day event in history." Whatever.

Having said all that, though, we have to admit there are some nuggets of coolness sprinkled in the set. First and foremost is a second DVD -- available only in Canada -- which features sets by Blue Rodeo, Tea Party, Sam Roberts, Kathleen Edwards and other Canuck talent clearly thrilled to be playing the biggest gig of their lives. Then there's the Guess Who footage, which captures the band in fine form musically -- and physically, in the case of the recently svelte Randy Bachman.

Similarly, the Flaming Lips' segment, a joyful burst of confetti, giant balloons and dancers clad in animal costumes, is an undeniable treat. Another treat: We only have to sit through one song by Justin Timberlake (mainly because he spent most of his set dodging bottles lobbed by Stones fans).

Some of the bonus backstage footage is pretty swell too -- especially when Burton Cummings becomes a gushing fan-boy in the presence of Mick Jagger ("I have just rediscovered Black and Blue," el Burto blurts to Mick apropos of nothing. "F--ing sensational.")

But for our money, the laugh-out-loud funniest moment comes when guitarist Keith Richards explains why he stopped playing during the Stones' set to confront those bottle-throwing fans, who resumed their barrage when Timberlake came up to sing on Miss You. "The main point is that I don't want to get hit and I don't want Charlie ... or Mick getting hit," says Keef, stressing he was not rising to JT's defence. "If they've got a good aim, they can hit Justin. He's not in my band."

Now THAT rocks.
3rd July 2004 01:21 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
"If they've got a good aim, they can hit Justin. He's not in my band."

Classic. Just classic.
3rd July 2004 02:00 PM
Main Offender Agreed!! Now that's classic Keith!
Page: 1 2