ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Fourchette at Pocé sur Cisse
© Gérard Proust from Le Magazine de la Touraine

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: toronto rocks dvd Return to archive Page: 1 2
29th June 2004 01:11 PM
fna69 anybody get it, and if so hows it like. I was at Best Buy this morning and i didnt even see it in the music dvd section. Mayby its not even out today
29th June 2004 01:14 PM
jb I heard the Stones performance was not very good.
29th June 2004 01:16 PM
Bloozehound doubt i'll be getting it, unless it's cheap, how much is it selling for ?
29th June 2004 01:21 PM
jb
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
doubt i'll be getting it, unless it's cheap, how much is it selling for ?

29th June 2004 01:21 PM
Main Offender It doesn't come out until July 7th. I've pre-ordered it from amazon and I'll post a review once I get it.
29th June 2004 01:28 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
jb wrote:

hey thanks, yep almost, I hadn't even noticed lol
29th June 2004 01:29 PM
jb
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:

Will Mick Taylor be there?

Are you back for good Steelie or is this just a tease? Where's my sound board recording or Jersey Devils?
29th June 2004 01:39 PM
Moonisup
quote:
jb wrote:
I heard the Stones performance was not very good.

I know the stones performance was not very good
29th June 2004 01:41 PM
jb
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

I know the stones performance was not very good

Rick, congratulations on Holland amking the semi-finals of the Euro cup!!! This was unexpected and you must be very excited!!!
29th June 2004 01:43 PM
justinkurian It's listed on the Best Buy site for $17 w/today's release date.
29th June 2004 01:44 PM
jb
quote:
justinkurian wrote:
It's listed on the Best Buy site for $17 w/today's release date.

That's inexpensive..I guess for that price, it's worth it just to be a 'completist"...(see baby marko, Baby steelie)...
29th June 2004 01:59 PM
Bloozehound ok now your talking, 17 bucks is a nice price, now lets see what all you're getting for that, anyone have a link to the page with the info, I can't find anything at bestbuy.com
29th June 2004 02:05 PM
fna69
The DVD contains 21 tracks over two hours, including six by The Stones. All proceeds from the DVD will go to charity. The DVD will feature Dolby Digital 5.1 and PCM stereo audio, backstage footage, interviews with artists, and a featurette on additional artists performing in the show.

The complete song list is:

Jim Belushi/DanAykroyd and The Have Love Will Travel Revue: "Skybox Ballroom Pump"

The Flaming Lips: "Race For The Prize," "Do You Realize"

The Love Will Travel Revue: "Dig Myself A Hole"

The Isley Brothers: "Who's That Lady," "Shout"

Justin Timberlake: "Señorita"

The Love Will Travel Revue: "Time Won't Let Me"

The Guess Who: "American Woman," "No Time"

Rush: "Limelight," "Freewill," "Paint It Black / The Spirit of Radio"

AC/DC: "Back In Black," "Thunderstruck"

Rolling Stones: "Start Me Up," "Ruby Tuesday," "Miss You" (featuring Justin Timberlake), "Rock Me Baby" (with AC/DC), "Satisfaction," "Jumpin' Jack Flash"

i looked everywhere at BB for it today and saw nothing, so mayby they moved the date back on a short notice or something.
29th June 2004 02:08 PM
justinkurian http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1365176&skuId=6663167&type=product

If that doesn't work...just put Toronto Rocks in the search field.
29th June 2004 02:16 PM
Bloozehound hmmm only 6 songs eh, that's not a whole lotta Stones for 17 clams. I've heard good things aboot this concert. Pretty cool line up though, however I could do without the RUSH & Timberlake.

got some errands to run this afternoon, think I'll stop in bestbuy and give it the scope if it's there, be back with full report.
29th June 2004 02:33 PM
Main Offender If you get it from amazon.ca you get the Canadian version. It's a double DVD thing (I think??) and contains extra footage from the concert,etc. Backstage stuff,etc.
Where's Mickmask, she knows.
29th June 2004 03:10 PM
jb Thanks Mickmask.
29th June 2004 03:12 PM
mickkeith I preordered it and it came today. nice packaging with a small book of pictures. double DVD for $30.09 CANADIAN PLUS TAX.
A MUST FOR ALL WHO WERE THERE AND THOSE WHO WANTED TO BE
29th June 2004 03:12 PM
jb
quote:
mickkeith wrote:
I preordered it and it came today. nice packaging with a small book of pictures. double DVD for $30.09 CANADIAN PLUS TAX.
A MUST FOR ALL WHO WERE THERE AND THOSE WHO WANTED TO BE

29th June 2004 03:38 PM
Bloozehound I didn't find Toronto Rocks at best buy, i went into another store and they didnt have it either, but they did have ac/dc live at donington for $9.49, so i nabbed it - sounds nice.
29th June 2004 03:40 PM
jb By all accounts, this was not one of the Stone's stronger performances. Indeed, many who attended claimed that AC/DC
blew the Stones off the stage. That, combined with the horror of Justine Timberlake appearing on stage with the band, makes it obviously apparent that this is one DVD that some Stones fans may want to pass on.
29th June 2004 03:44 PM
mickmask I'm here!... and yes I've watched about 1/2 of it already.
Disc 1 is mostly Canadian content... some of it slow... but I have to say TEA PARTY rocks!! ( and Sass Jordan too!!)
Crowd interviews and press tent footage are on this cd. Some of the footage of the site and cleanup after the fact make you see the magnitude of it all.

Disc 2 is amazing and you'll be sorry if you don't get this one. Guess Who, Rush, (AC/DC is incredible!!!) and of course the Stones wrap it up beautifully.
Not their best performance?.. I would say no, but 'Ruby Tuesday' sung by almost 500,000 people is unforgettable.
There are crowd shots interspersed throughout all performances, and the intro's and narratives are historic for sure!

Get the Canadian version if you can.... but DON'T MISS THE SINGLE DISC version available outside Canada.

No, I don't think we made it to the DVD (haven't seen it all yet),but our mugs were published in the Toronto Sun promoting it on Sunday........(right between Jagger and Angus Young)...Hmmmmmm!! (I'm still trying to post the pic).

mm.
29th June 2004 03:47 PM
jb hanks again Mickmash...shidoobee!!!
29th June 2004 03:49 PM
mickmask OH, AND EXCUSE ME... I FORGOT....

LOTS 'O' BOOBY SHOTS!!!!!

MM.
29th June 2004 03:52 PM
jb Thanks again and again Mickmash...shidoobee!!!
29th June 2004 04:09 PM
Lazy Bones Future Shop has them for $29.99. HMV has them for $33.99 (in Canada).
29th June 2004 04:14 PM
Bloozehound Ac/DC still rock the house down to its very foundation, and they do it the old fashioned way, guitars cranked to 10 and the knobs yanked off.

The Stones do "Rock Me Baby" with Ac/Dc right ?

I've seen this clip, i thinks it's funny the way Jagger says "Welcome....Angus and Malcolm." (dunno why though)

I dig it, its a great loose jam, guitars blazing.
29th June 2004 05:55 PM
mickmask There I did it!!! (I always wanted to get between Mick and Angus!!

LOL
mm.

29th June 2004 06:09 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
mickmask wrote:
There I did it!!! (I always wanted to get between Mick and Angus!!

LOL
mm.

say what ?
29th June 2004 07:37 PM
mickmask Sorry. I'm trying to post an article that appeared in the Toronto Sun newspaper this past Sunday. I'll try again.
MM
Page: 1 2