ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Fourchette at Pocé sur Cisse
© Gérard Proust from Le Magazine de la Touraine

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Live NYC 7/1 11pm Red Lion Return to archive
28th June 2004 07:15 PM
The Rolling Bones Hi Everybody!

"If you're looking for a good time" come party and dance those ants right outta your pants with the Rolling Bones this Thursday night 7/1 at Greenwich Village's Red Lion on Bleeker St(at Thompson) 11pm.

A million thanks!
-The Rolling Bones (www.rollingbones.org)
29th June 2004 11:52 AM
jb Thanks!!!
29th June 2004 12:09 PM
Joey
quote:
The Rolling Bones wrote:
Hi Everybody!

"If you're looking for a good time" come party and dance those ants right outta your pants with the Rolling Bones this Thursday night 7/1 at Greenwich Village's Red Lion on Bleeker St(at Thompson) 11pm.

A million thanks!
-The Rolling Bones (www.rollingbones.org)

30th June 2004 06:33 PM
The Rolling Bones Thanks for the warm & gentle welcome. Hope to see you at one of the shows!
1st July 2004 12:06 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Good speed to the bones!
1st July 2004 10:18 AM
glencar Bones, they ain't coming. One lives in a square state & has a "fear of flying" & the other lives in FLA & has health problems.
1st July 2004 10:22 AM
jb That doesn't mean we still can't support them in spirit Blue..http://jamesberry.sydcom.net/Canada.htm
1st July 2004 10:29 AM
F505 They play Midnight Rambler even better than the Stones do according to their own website:

Midnight Rambler (countless have said "you do that better than the Stones!")
1st July 2004 10:31 AM
glencar Joshy, you have enough spirit for the whole board. But why the Canuckian lyrics?
1st July 2004 04:12 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
But why the Canuckian lyrics?

******** BLANK FRIGGIN STARE **********
1st July 2004 04:22 PM
The Rolling Bones out of state, fear of flying and/or health problems is no excuse for missing a rolling bones gig. you think u've got problems u should see of the people in our band!

people who we don't know, and haven't even paid or given loose women to, have said that about us & midnight rambler. we did it at the rock hall of fame, that's when zakk wylde (who looked like some random biker guy, i don't think most people there knew who he was) got excited, grabbed the mic from the MC and screamed "one more f**king encore! goddammit (snarl)".

the MC took the mic from him and said "alright, enough, this ain't altomonte!"

high five, thumbs up for checking out the site
2nd July 2004 01:14 AM
glencar joeykins, click on his (jb's) link.
2nd July 2004 01:14 AM
glencar rolling bones, I hope your gig went well. I think I speak for everyone in requesting a report & a setlist. TIA.
2nd July 2004 09:07 AM
The Rolling Bones we are pleased to give you a full report esp. since just got home i can remember it!

a blues band that opened us for us kind of mellowed out the star star crowd (if you love beautiful women like we do, there's no place like NYC in the summer) so they really had us working up there - after 1/2 hour of us "sticking our knives right down their throats" they loosened up, started dancing, and it was magic from then on... the crowd thought they'd stump us by calling out monkey man and loving cup... should've known better...

setlist:
jumpin jack
brown sugar
honky tonk
happy
time is on our side
gimme shelter (go sandra!)
i got the blues
satisfaction
paint it, black
ruby tuesday
shattered