ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Fourchette at Pocé sur Cisse
© Gérard Proust from Le Magazine de la Touraine

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith to play at Tribute show but this really pisses me off........From Ian Return to archive Page: 1 2
29th June 2004 08:53 PM
gypsy Ian, grow up. Each of the Stones have interests outside of THE Stones. I'm glad they don't just do everything for their fan base...they need and want to do things for themselves. Leave the guys alone. Shit.
29th June 2004 08:57 PM
MarthaMyDear There is an orchestra seat with my name on it to this gig...
Sigh... I shall see, but at least I'm going to The Who...
HI, GYPSY!!! I hope that asshole at
your work is leaving you alone!!! lol............ Seriously...
Take it easy!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
29th June 2004 11:09 PM
gypsy Thanks, MarthaMyDear. He has let up on me...but now he's focused his anger on my friend Trey. He was talking bad about Trey today, and I told him "Don't talk about Trey. He's my friend. He's cool."
See, Dave is bitter because Trey is good-looking, funny, chicks like him. He's everything Dave wants to be. Plus, he's mad because a bunch of us had a party a few weeks ago, and Dave did not get invited. Like we would really want him there to narc on us all.
I saw Dave heading to Human Resources again today (a few of us have taken to spying on the creep). He's going to end up messing it all up for himself. It's okay to tattle on bad things (like the Radiologist slamming the fluoro tower down on a poor man's nub three times, et al.) But when you keep on tattling on your co-workers, then it's going to become obvious that you can't get along with people. And that sums up ol' Dave.
30th June 2004 01:27 AM
IanBillen
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Ian, grow up. Each of the Stones have interests outside of THE Stones. I'm glad they don't just do everything for their fan base...they need and want to do things for themselves. Leave the guys alone. Shit.

Gee,
Sorry Gypsy. How silly of me to complain about a new studio work after 7 years. Heck even if they did elude to a new album now for two and a half years now. And of-coarse these guys never get time away from the band. Matter of fact it is my true belief they tour constantly and are in the studio consistantly in between tours. We just have no knowledge of it. These tours and studio works do of coarse take place in another dimension. So during the months and years in-between tours in our realm the Rolling Stones are forever at work. I really don't think poor Charlie has even had time to go get himself a cheezburger in recent years.
Ian
30th June 2004 01:38 AM
IanBillen
Ok Martha, In all seriousness I believe Keith definately should be there reguardless of The Stones recordings. You don't forget your friends or the people who have influenced you. Graham was both to Keith. He needs to be there. I just wish they were saying he had to break in order to do such is all.
Ian
30th June 2004 03:34 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! >>I know Gypsy but I think they could consider their fan base.
And the fan base has been waiting too long. I am in no way speaking for myself, I was speaking for everyone.<<

You certainly aren’t speaking for me. You act as if The Stones owe it to you and their fans to make a new album and do another tour. They don’t owe us a damn thing man, they’ve already given us a lifetime worth of great music and memories. Anything we get at this point is just gravy. These guys are musicians, but they also have a life and are going to do exactly what THEY want, it’s on their terms. I mean, these guys have been playing for over 40 fucking years, and at this point, how can you complain because they aren’t getting YOUR album out fast enough? Give the guys a break, shit, they’ve been doing gigs for the past 5 out of 7 years. It’s only a matter of time before the new album is released, but bitching about it sure out going to make it come out any faster. I’m just happy the motherfuckers are still here with us and making plans to rock out a little more.
30th June 2004 08:13 AM
Gazza You got it in a nutshell

Get a sense of perspective. The world is not going to stop revolving on its axis if the Rolling Stones dont make a new record or even if they dont tour anymore. We've been lucky enough to get longer and more out of our favourite band than the fans of probably any other band in history.

When they do release a new record, it will be when its ready and on their own terms. These people arent morons when it comes to creating music and they also do have lives. Over-obsessing about finding out what its like, what they're thinking about and asking people to ask other people question after question about it is pointless.
30th June 2004 08:29 AM
scratched
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Over-obsessing about finding out what its like, what they're thinking about and asking people to ask other people question after question about it is pointless.

..and slightly odd.
30th June 2004 03:50 PM
gypsy I hope they release an album that makes "Dirty Work" look like "Exile," and dedicate it to you, Ian.
[Edited by gypsy]
30th June 2004 03:53 PM
jb The fan club offers a variety of packages for every price range. My understanding was that for the last tour, thousands of fans were given ticket priority by signing up with the fan club. Moreover, the opportunity to have excluvise access to club shows, behind the scenes footage, and breaking news makes the $100 fee a bargain for hardcore fans. I want to thank Michael and Jake Cohl for thinking of the fans first in this particular instance. I paid substantially more from ticket brokers and did not receive any of the benefits members of the fan club were afforded.

The one, the only, the original Mr. lawyer.
2nd July 2004 09:58 AM
FotiniD Sorry if this has been posted before, by IORR news:

"Keith Richards has confirmed he will indeed play at the Gram Parsons tribute concerts scheduled to take place on July 9 at the Santa Barbara Bowl and on July 10 at the Universal Amphitheatre in Los Angeles. Organizers of the charity event needed to satisfy various requirements, such as flying him on a private jet."

Why, oh why? I guess he can ask anything and they'll do it, but why the heck? This sounds a bit like those "superstar demands" (e.g. five hundred bottles of Perier or sh*t like that) and I don't like it too much on Keith...

And I wonder what "Various" translates to...

Also, I agree with Gazza that they've offered more than any other band has offered to their fans, but a band with no fans is nothing, so in a way I do believe all bands should have respect for people who go out and buy their records or tickets for their show. In that sense, it's not weird or peculiar that we're waiting for new material and we're getting a bit edgy for it. I'm not saying a band should do whatever the fans chose, of course not, but on the other hand it's natural for us to have great expectations - they're to blame They shouldn't have spoiled us!
Page: 1 2