ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Marquee Club 1962
Happy 41st Anniversary
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Video Capture Help Return to archive
07-05-03 11:43 AM
MRD8 I recently had a new computer built to capture video from my analog recorder and edit it into chapters then burn it onto DVD's...I have about 400 bootleg video's I want to transfer to DVD...the new computer has a 1.8 Gig processor, 512 Megs of RAM, 160 Gigs of storage, the capture card is made by Pinnacle and the software I'm trying to use is their Studio Version 8...it is way too technical for me...I was wondering if any of you could recommend a capture/edit/burn program that is simple to use? By the way the DVD burner I bought is a Sony DRU 500AX...it will burn all the major formats...any help would be appreciated! You can email me privately at [email protected]
07-07-03 01:47 AM
CHIEFMOON If you are running Windows XP there is a program under accessories
called Movie Maker or some such that should be pretty simple.
07-07-03 04:55 AM
fmk438j The below site has a huge amount of info/help (maybe too much) on all aspects of DVD/VCD/SVCD etc.

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/

07-07-03 05:01 AM
MRD8 Thanks for the website, I'll see if I can find some help on there someplace! As for Movie Maker on XP I can't find a way to capture video, it doesn't recognize my capture card...maybe I need to look on Microsoft's site for a patch or service pack or something...thanks again!
07-07-03 06:58 AM
justforyou I have used the free program VirtualDub for capturing http://www.virtualdub.org/index and after some tinkering it does a good job.

Also depending on your card you might want to use these generic drivers since Pinnacles have been slow to add support for XP: http://btwincap.sourceforge.net/download.html

This setup should work for the cheapest capture cards like the PCTV Rave. Anyway, goodluck cos it can take a while to get it running smoothly.

[Edited by justforyou]
07-07-03 07:19 AM
mac_daddy dscaler works wonders...

I also use virtualdub and Huffyuv lossless(sic.) codec, and then use avisynth the paste the avis and load into vdub to mix into VCD...

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003