ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Marquee Club 1962
Happy 41st Anniversary
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NSC: Neil Young & Crazy Horse Review Return to archive
07-03-03 08:03 AM
ziggypayne
Great gig last night. Definitly not for the fair weather fan, that's for sure. My more elaborate .02 can be found here:

http://www.blackcrowes.org/forum/link.asp?TOPIC_ID=12712
07-03-03 10:20 AM
Lazy Bones Nice review. Since Neil started Greendale, 22nd April in Stockholm, the only song played outside the Greendale set was Be The Rain at the Bonnaroo Festival in Tennessee. Which, ironically, is the only set since opening the solo European, leg that Greendale hasn't been played.

You also witnessed Prisoners Of Rock'n'Roll as the tour debut.
07-03-03 10:55 AM
ziggypayne Actually, Prisoners of Rock N Roll was played at the Columbia, MD show last week. Last night's was the first time Cinnamon Girl was played on a propper show this tour (not counting Bonnaroo) and it was also the electric show with the most songs after the Greendale segment.
[Edited by ziggypayne]
07-03-03 12:18 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
ziggypayne wrote:
Actually, Prisoners of Rock N Roll was played at the Columbia, MD show last week. Last night's was the first time Cinnamon Girl was played on a propper show this tour (not counting Bonnaroo) and it was also the electric show with the most songs after the Greendale segment.
[Edited by ziggypayne]

You're right. You mean, however, Washington, DC (25th June). I thought that was the show you were reviewing. Nice to see 16 songs, though. Only 5 shows had seen 15 songs, till last night. I wouldn't be surprised that the audiences that praise Greendale more, get more encore numbers.

I can't wait to see him again 4th September. Hopefully, he'll be up to 20 songs by then!

Thanks again for that review.
07-03-03 12:38 PM
ziggypayne Merriweather Post Pavilion is in Columbia, MD. It's about 20 or so mile N.W. of DC. Damn, I feel like a nit picker today.

Anyway, I think you're right. The more receptive the audience is to Greendale, the more older songs Neil seems to play. He thanked the audience after a number of songs last night, and we got a great run of post Greendale tunes. I'm thinking I may head up to Scranton in September to catch him again. I'd love to hear Like A Hurricane, Tonight's The Night, or Cortez The Killer. Looks like Hurricane is the most likely of the bunch, but there's plenty of time between now and then for the others to pop up.

Were you at the show on the 23rd? It looks like that was a pretty long show too. Like A Hurricane and Love And Only Love in the same night. Wow.
[Edited by ziggypayne]
07-03-03 06:22 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
ziggypayne wrote:
Were you at the show on the 23rd? It looks like that was a pretty long show too. Like A Hurricane and Love And Only Love in the same night. Wow.
[Edited by ziggypayne]

Yes, I was there. It was a great show. At that point, it was only the 2nd show to get 15 songs. It was also the first time I saw Lucinda. Made for a well-rounded show.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003