ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Marquee Club 1962
Happy 41st Anniversary
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Whats with this? Return to archive
06-30-03 05:42 PM
Soul Survivor Is it just me, or have you guys noticed alot of 16 year olds walkin around with stones shirts on
06-30-03 05:42 PM
Soul Survivor not that theres anything wrong with that, but is the tongue a fashion statement for the teens now?
06-30-03 07:36 PM
SullenMorbius I believe that the tongue has become a fashion statement. I see a lot skaters these days with this raiment. Some chicks wear the classic tongue T- (that I've seen, Kim Gordon of Sonic Youth among them) that has the statement, "Eat Me". Although it's a bastardization of the image, I still think that these things are cool.
07-01-03 06:29 AM
egon i lived in germany for three years, and there they always told me that the tongue means you are a 'smoker'.
07-01-03 06:51 AM
fmk438j I garuntee you 95% of all teen chicks wearing a tongue shirt has no idea its stones affiliation.
[Edited by fmk438j]
07-01-03 09:23 AM
mac_daddy what's a "smoker?"

[Edited by mac_daddy]
07-01-03 12:22 PM
Maxlugar [quote]egon wrote:
i lived in germany for three years, and there they always told me that the tongue means you are a 'smoker'.

By "smoker" do you mean someone who shaves their scrotum?

Please I's just gots to know!!

Give me an "M" - M!
Give me an "A" - A!
Give me an "X" - X!
Give me a "Y" - Y!

What's that spell? MAXY!
What's that spell? MAXY!
What's that spell? MAXY!!!!

YEAH!!!

[- M -] [- A -] [- X -] [- L -] [- U -] [- G -] [- A -] [- R -]

The posts get better and better and......
07-01-03 12:36 PM
magicwoman i hate those chicks who walking around with the tongue shirts they never heard of the stones.Wear the tongue if you were a fan and if you are not then wear it not
07-01-03 12:42 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
magicwoman wrote:
Wear the tongue if you were a fan and if you are not then wear it not

And if the shirt doesn't fit, take it off and let me squeeze your tit.
07-01-03 12:45 PM
Joey Please I's just gots to know!!

Give me an "M" - M!
" Give me an "A" - A!
Give me an "X" - X!
Give me a "Y" - Y!

What's that spell? MAXY!
What's that spell? MAXY!
What's that spell? MAXY!!!!

YEAH!!!

[- M -] [- A -] [- X -] [- L -] [- U -] [- G -] [- A -] [- R -]

The posts get better and better and......"

Hey ................You're stealing my act .

" That's all MY Territory Ronnie "

JACKY ( Consummate Quality Posting since 1999 with no Ego )

07-01-03 02:20 PM
magicwoman hi welcome back maxy !!!!!!!
07-01-03 02:26 PM
Moonisup
quote:
magicwoman wrote:
i hate those chicks who walking around with the tongue shirts they never heard of the stones.Wear the tongue if you were a fan and if you are not then wear it not

why?
maybe they like to do it,
07-01-03 02:51 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
magicwoman wrote:
hi welcome back maxy !!!!!!!

Hi Magicwoman!

Did you get those wooden stiletto pumps I sent? I hear the Dutch girls go for those.

I missed you. Tell me every little thing you've been doing!

Your special pal,

Maxlugar, Poster Extraordinaire
07-02-03 12:58 PM
magicwoman Hi there Maxy i have my vacation now finally after a busy time and hows life there were were u?
where have u been?
long time no see :-(
greets back from friend magicwoman :-D
07-02-03 01:12 PM
Maxlugar Oh my Magical Muffin!

I have been so busy myself. I was on vacation last week and this week has been slow. But next week it starts up all over again. I'm afraid I may just be too busy to post again for a while.

But we have now. We've got tonight. Who needs tomorrow?

I have dreamed often of your red silky hair cascading around your warm Dutch shoulders. You smile at me, coyly, sitting on a blade of a giant windmill. You are wearing a long peasant skirt and each time the windmill goes around, I get a peak at your "Netherlands".

Come to Maxy...

Er..MAXY!
07-03-03 01:50 PM
Soldatti Soul Survivor wrote:
Is it just me, or have you guys noticed alot of 16 year olds walkin around with stones shirts on

Hey man, you must come to Argentina. You will fall down...
07-03-03 02:53 PM
Rollingstoned58 I'm 16 and i have many Stones shirts... but I very rarely see them on fellow teens... 2 of my friends have the American Flag tounge shirt and one has a Boston Licks Shirt... but basically I dont see them often
07-04-03 01:16 PM
magicwoman hehehe maxy what a nice dream heheheeh how was your vacation ????
ive dreamed about you playing the fucking guitar on a beatiful telecaster just like keith it does heheheh :b
07-04-03 02:18 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Speaking as a former 16-year-old-with-tongue-on-shirt and current 17-year-old-with-tongue-on-shirt I can safely say that some of us do indeed know what we're doing, although a lot of people have no fucking clue what it means if it's just the tongue.

Most kids my age know it's some sort of ancient symbol of rebellion, more than just a tongue but few people make the connection with the Stones, and a few kids do fall into that "huhuhuh, you have a tongue on your shirt, that's so gay, Avril Lavergine is my hero..." category. A few of us do sport the tongue with pride 'round here, but we are a dying breed.

Some little kid walked up to me and said "Your shirt is so rude!" I asked her why and she said "It's sticking its tongue out at me!"

Oh, ye of little faith...

-tSYX --- 'cuz I know that you know that I know that you know...

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003