ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza, Sani Siro, Milan - 11st July 2006
© Dave Hogan with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Gimme Shelter - Ed Sullivan show rehearsal - on YouTube Return to archive
4th July 2006 07:37 PM
Gazza anyone ever seen this before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkJ_b0YYUUU&mode=related&search=mick%20jagger%20

Going by the clothes and the background, its from the Ed Sullivan Show in 1969, but its NOT the same clip that was broadcast

When they played the show, Mick sings a live vocal over a backing track and theres plenty of noise from the studio audience

however, this version is a straight lip-synch over the original record (a slightly edited version but with Merry Clayton's vocals still there)

Its hardly a bonafide rehearsal as theyre not performing, so its a mystery to me - maybe theyre just using the record as a back up or to test camera angles or something
4th July 2006 08:09 PM
Soldatti It looks like a rehearsal. The show was televised on the 23rd November, but the performance was recorded 5 days before.
4th July 2006 09:19 PM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves i heard the Stones taped their bit for the show in L.A.
[Edited by Mahatma Kane Jeeves]
5th July 2006 12:24 AM
JuanTCB I think it's a dub of the edited studio track with vocal over the actual Ed Sullivan take. Everything about it seems identical, and Mick seems to be phrasing too hard to be lip synching.

And judging from Start Me up 12 years later . . . he never knew how to lip synch.
5th July 2006 12:26 PM
corgi37 Hey, Hot Stuff & Crazy Mama are his worst lip sync efforts.
5th July 2006 12:30 PM
glencar Goddam but Mick is quite intense in that video!
6th July 2006 09:51 AM
jb i HAVE NOTICED ALL THESE VIDEOS HAVE MUSIC CANNED IN...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)