ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza, Sani Siro, Milan - 11st July 2006
© Dave Hogan with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NASA Return to archive Page: 1 2
5th July 2006 06:27 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Poplar wrote:

let's just stop all scientific research while we're at it...

I agree no stem cell research either!!
5th July 2006 06:59 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Poplar wrote:

i've always felt like people who can't get excited about the space program were lacking a bit in the imagination department.

I've always felt the same way. If the same old tired arguments (like what about the the problems we have right here at home or it cost too much money) were used during periods of history where there was great discovery or scientific research, where do you think mankind would be today???? If one had a choice between the Dark Ages(where mankind refused to go forward) or the technological revolution of the last 150 years, which one would you choose???

It's the willingness to take risk or be curious about the unknown that's made any progress possible. Cheers to those type of folks!!!
5th July 2006 07:54 PM
nankerphelge Absolutely!

Unfortunately, when returns on investment are risky -- as they are in so many scientific fields -- it is difficult to convince anyone to "invest" -- especially when it is a government program subject to the whims of Congress who see far better ways to fund pet projects that get immediate reults for their reelection.

Bravo to NASA and all those who have contributed to its sucesses and endured its tragedies.
5th July 2006 08:37 PM
Poplar Nanky, Time & Poplar will man the next mission!!!
5th July 2006 09:58 PM
pdog
quote:
Poplar wrote:
Nanky, Time & Poplar will man the next mission!!!

Better fund a mini bar!
5th July 2006 10:06 PM
Poplar my outta space missions always include a full bar.
5th July 2006 10:12 PM
pdog
quote:
Poplar wrote:
my outta space missions always include a full bar.

A six pack, some whippets, a few joints and maybe some acid... Don't leave earth without it!
5th July 2006 10:16 PM
sirmoonie NASA blows doors - money well spent from every conceivable angle, and it carries into areas people don't even know it does. And as far as fuckups go, NASA usually investigates and admits its failures and moves on.

That said, I think we should send more monkeys into space.
5th July 2006 10:17 PM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
NASA blows doors - money well spent from every conceivable angle, and it carries into areas people don't even know it does. And as far as fuckups go, NASA usually investigates and admits its failures and moves on.

That said, I think we should send more monkeys into space.

Monkeys with beer. Have they researched the effects of drinking in space... Moonie, step up...
5th July 2006 10:25 PM
Poplar
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
it carries into areas people don't even know it does.

exactly! Anyone who thinks 'Tang' is all we have gained from the space program is sadly mistaken.
5th July 2006 10:52 PM
pdog I'm gonna get me some poontang!
5th July 2006 11:06 PM
stonedinaustralia i have a cousin who works for NASA

his area of expertise is the bends and hyperbaric chambers and the like which followed from his experiences as a diver

as far as i understand it he's with NASA working on and researching the effects of exposure to space on blood pressure and haemoglobin counts and stuff like that

6th July 2006 02:31 AM
MrPleasant ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)