ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza, Sani Siro, Milan - 11st July 2006
© Dave Hogan with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Platinum Weird; Mick's 1974 B-Day Party Return to archive
3rd July 2006 08:10 PM
Taptrick I'm surprised I haven't seen anything out here about Dave Stewart's, Chris Gaines-like, creation of a band. Anybody else seen this? The label and VH1 are promoting the idea that Dave had a band called Plastic Weird in 1974 and they played Mick's B-Day party in 1974. Became the toast of the jet set. They have quotes from Mick, Elton, Stevie Nicks. They had this beautiful singer that was Stewart's soul-mate. Elton got 'em signed but the weird lead singer disappeared and Dave was so depressed he never released the album.

Except it's all just a big fictional marketing angle.

Dozens of fake web sites have been created. One says Mick has been spotted recently wearing this commemerative T-shirt:

"Platinum Weird is the most famous band
no one's ever heard of"
- Mick Jagger

“[Erin] was wispy and elusive. I
wasn’t quite sure what she was
about, but I kind of copied her look.”
- Stevie Nicks

Discuss please.
[Edited by Taptrick]
3rd July 2006 08:33 PM
Taptrick
Wow. The even have You Tube, MySpace, and "Insider" in on this. Check the clip from Mick. Kind of a funny gag. It will definitely get press. I don't know how to post the Youtube window. Here's the link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=W31-BqhxVzE&search=platinum%20weird

4th July 2006 02:16 PM
Taptrick
Three tunes now on Itunes. Sounds a lot like Stewart's Alfie stuff. Here is one of the web sites that shows the detail the label has gone to in creating fake sites based around the fake band. Notice all the link to other sites:
http://www.weirdshit.biz/

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)