ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza, Sani Siro, Milan - 11st July 2006
© Dave Hogan with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is homosexuality genetically determined? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
29th June 2006 12:07 PM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
glencar wrote:
When you date guys, who pays?

Usually the horniest one.
29th June 2006 12:09 PM
pdog
quote:
Jerry in Boston wrote:

Usually the horniest one.

I always knew I was getting some, when my date got the check.
29th June 2006 12:35 PM
glencar You dated men? Or were you just a gigolo?
29th June 2006 02:46 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
You dated men? Or were you just a gigolo?

29th June 2006 02:47 PM
glencar The blonde one looks like fun!
29th June 2006 02:49 PM
nankerphelge Joey?

29th June 2006 02:53 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
The blonde one looks like fun!

Amen !!!!!

29th June 2006 02:55 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
The blonde one looks like fun!

They drink like Daddy and smoke cigarettes like Mommy... I'm not sure how they fuck, but I'd like to find out!
29th June 2006 02:56 PM
glencar They're hot & horny!
29th June 2006 02:57 PM
glencar Joey, cease & desist now! That picture makes me ill. I just vomited.
29th June 2006 03:04 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
They're hot & horny!

Since their old man has been fucking me for the past few years, I'm guessing they enjoy anal!
29th June 2006 03:11 PM
glencar We're all getting fucked lately. 2 parties are both clowny.
2nd July 2006 02:49 PM
rocker Jerry- no disrepect but this is grasping for straws.

There have been some amazing "takes" on scripture by those who try to theologically justify homosexuality- the ritual sex argument is one of them. The implication being that scripture says nothing about "mutually loving" homosexual relationships- therefore it is ok.

The hebrew culture and their "unique ethos" in the midst of the ancient near-east overwhelmingly did not view homseuxality positiviely, and this stood, for the most part, in stark contrast to the surrouding culture of the rest of the near east- Egpytian, Semetic, Babylonian, Assyrian, and then later Greco-Roman.

There is nothing in the scriptures, or rabbinic writing from biblical times, that reflects postively on homosexuality. Nothing. And isnt interesting that many, but not all, parts of the surrounding near eastern culture at times looked on homosexuality postively, or at leat neuterally. (This could vary from region to region, time to time, and case by case) But none-the-less this would have been the perfect chance for the writers of hebrew scripture, and its future rabbinic interpetpers, to affirm it, yet they did not. There were no exceptions made. No scrupples declared.

One thing that's interesting here is that many of the liberal theologians and "social engineers" of our day think that this is the first time in human history that culture has affimred homosexuality but it is not. What is happening now is not new.

What is new is the intepretive gymnastics that are being performed on scripture to make the case for accepting homsexuality. It is nothing short if disingenuous. There are a few pro-gay scholars who are at leat honest enough to assert that they can not make their case from the Biblical text. I respect them for this.

Those theologians who see it as you do Jerry should be honest enough to admit that they simply have to ignore the biblical text to make their case. Do you really think that today's translators and interpeters are really uncovering some "secret" that that the followers of Judaism missed for over 4 thousand years? Is it really conceivable that your forbearers in the faith actually got it wrong about the Torah? and now the "enlightened people" of today are uncovering for us the fact that the scriptures actually affirmed homosexuality all along? it is a stretch isnt it?

As for Jesus, he was jewish and he clearly stood in the traditions of his forbeaerers.

One other theological point, when dealing with this issue we must not only consider those texts that are negative, but we also must consider those texts that affirm healthy sexuality. The ones that do all affirm heterosexual monogamy.

(please dont bring up Abraham, David, Solomon, and others who had multiple wives. Those texts are merely descriptive of the choices those men made. They are not prescriptive in nature. They do not advocate or teach us to have multiple wives. Anything Moses said about it was meant to regulate the adverse affects it (poygamy) was having amongst the commmunity. The standard was and is Genesis 2.

The beautiful thing about the Torah is it shows us the lives of people who really made some bad choices. It gives us hope. If you look in the Torah at all the places where it talks about men having more than one wife you will find major problems every time.)

A good read on the issues for you would be Robert Gagon's book "The Bible and Homosexuality." It is honest , accurate, and not revisionist biblical scholarship.

jerry as for your assertion that there are exceptions to the norm in the gay community you are absoutley right! There are always exceptions. There are monogamous male homosexual relationships, long-term lesbian relationships, and heterosexual swingers. I just pointed out the norms as being evidence as to why we ought not want to culturually affirm homosexuality.

However, exceptions do not change the fact that there is, proportionally speaking, a much higher degree of promiscuity amongst homosexuals, especially males, than there is amonghst homosexuals, both male and female.

To put it crudely, there have been a hell of alot more men who have "barebacked," (proportionatley speaking, if not numerically!), than there have been heterosexuals who have swung, and there are a hell of a lot more gay men who have turned a blind eye to their partners philandering than there have been women who have turned a blind eye to their man's cheating. As they say, "hell hath no fury like a woman, epspecially one who's been cheated on." Why is this so?

And to the good doctor in the house who likes both men and women- You speak of upholding monogamy, and how polygamy is not good, but on what grounds do you do so? Do you appeal to religion to make your case? Or to human reason? And, secularly speaking, who are you to frown upon polygamy, and who are you to deny someone's right to marry multiple partners, so long as they are not hurting anyone? If you do that arent you denying anoter group of people the same freedoms that were once denyed to homosexuals?

(Please dont say mongomaous marriage has always been the norm, because heterosexual has always been the norm too but that doesnt matter anymore does it?

I have been gone a few days, but i think ill give it a rest.
2nd July 2006 03:16 PM
sirmoonie I thought this thread was about Bush Geekismness.

Allright, well, I mean fallopian tubes? Vas deferens? Think about it. There's the rub.
2nd July 2006 03:53 PM
pdog
quote:
rocker wrote:
I have been gone a few days, but i think ill give it a rest.

Dude, you might be gay?
2nd July 2006 04:26 PM
oldkr homosexuality has never not been culturally affirmed , if you happen to be full of hate and choose the vessel of hate as a 2,000 year old anthology of questionable authorship then thats fine.

Homosexuality is not an illness, its not un-normal or unnatural, there are and always have been homosexuals throughout the natural world. Personal judgements can be made either way

as a good friend and politician once said to me , what has 2 girls or 2 guys fucking in their own homes , got to do with me , my husband , my children, grandchildren or my marriage

OLDKR
2nd July 2006 05:46 PM
MrPleasant Socrates was gay?!?

My God, why do I have to live in this awful world where rectums bleed, Jagger and Bowie dance on the streets and Captain Sparrow sucks cock?
3rd July 2006 02:19 AM
pdog
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
My God, why do I have to live in this awful world where rectums bleed, Jagger and Bowie dance on the streets and Captain Sparrow sucks cock?

So when you die and go to hell, watching Saddam and Satan get it on won't freak you out!
3rd July 2006 07:36 AM
glencar You just love those South Park guys, doncha? Doncha?
3rd July 2006 11:58 AM
Zambero rocker proclaimed:

"To put it crudely, there have been a hell of alot more men who have "barebacked," (proportionatley speaking, if not numerically!), than there have been heterosexuals who have swung, and there are a hell of a lot more gay men who have turned a blind eye to their partners philandering than there have been women who have turned a blind eye to their man's cheating. As they say, "hell hath no fury like a woman, epspecially one who's been cheated on." Why is this so?"

A nice set of apples and oranges to compliment anyone's personal fruit salad recipe. But realistically, if approximately 95% of humans are hetero, wouldn't there be a much larger incidence of anal sex in that population, since it's an increasingly common practice these days between straight men and women? So what's the point in estimating the relative frequency of a sex act practiced by some gay males with those heteros who indulge in multiple sex partners? More of one and less of another? It must have been a very intensive "study" to have generated those results! And all to advance a theory that gay males as a rule are incrimentally more evil than their promiscuous hetero counterparts, and therefore unworthy of acceptance by society. Lesbians must be OK then perhaps? Again, nice work!
3rd July 2006 12:53 PM
glencar But I would guess taht even if more & more straight couples engage in anal, it's still with much less frequency than gay males. After all, there's a more interesting choice in the front!
3rd July 2006 01:52 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
glencar wrote:
But I would guess taht even if more & more straight couples engage in anal, it's still with much less frequency than gay males. After all, there's a more interesting choice in the front!

Lame Lay Award: 2006

Glencar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3rd July 2006 03:56 PM
rocker My sole point, as it pertains to male homosexuality, is that male homosexuals are much morely liklely to give permission ot thier partners to have sex with other men, yet while maintaining thier "committed" relationship, than are heterosexual partners. A woman just will not do this for a man. She tempers the man. This is because men and women are different. If you can't acknowledege this then you are in denial. If committed mongamy is a good thing, which i think it is, then heterosexual relationships are better than maintaing the boundaries than are homosexual relationships.

as for a critique of lesbian relationships being inferior to heterosexual relationships you'll need to go back further in the post to see what i said.
3rd July 2006 03:59 PM
pdog
quote:
rocker wrote:
My sole point, as it pertains to male homosexuality, is that male homosexuals are much morely liklely to give permission ot thier partners to have sex with other men, yet while maintaining thier "committed" relationship, than are heterosexual partners. A woman just will not do this for a man. She tempers the man. This is because men and women are different. If you can't acknowledege this then you are in denial. If committed mongamy is a good thing, which i think it is, then heterosexual relationships are better than maintaing the boundaries than are homosexual relationships.

as for a critique of lesbian relationships being inferior to heterosexual relationships you'll need to go back further in the post to see what i said.

So all you're saying is men cheat no matter what. Just that gay men accept it and work it into a realtionship, while heteros lie and decieve!
This must be why the defense of marriage bills have nothing about keeping straight people married in them...
3rd July 2006 04:04 PM
glencar I don't think he's saying that at all, pdog. It sounds like he's saying women are more mongamous than men & have an influence over their husbands not to stray while gays just don't care. I agree with the first half; I'm not sure about the second half. Our gay posters should tell us if it's true.
3rd July 2006 04:09 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
I don't think he's saying that at all, pdog. It sounds like he's saying women are more mongamous than men & have an influence over their husbands not to stray while gays just don't care. I agree with the first half; I'm not sure about the second half. Our gay posters should tell us if it's true.

A woman is just as likely to cheat, the sex drive of a female is no different. The way they will go about it, and do it, may be different b/c of the gender, but no more or less likely.
Rocker is off his...
I can see through the veiled remarks... This person is not cool... This person is a religous wingnut, trying very hard to pretend like this is a reasonable conversation...
This is far removed from that, it's actually total bullshit...
Why would someone who is not gay, spend this much time and energy on this topic?
3rd July 2006 04:11 PM
Farrokh Bulsara

quote:
Oh dear!
I'm one card short of a full deck
I'm not quite the shilling
One wave short of a shipwreck
I'm not at my usual top billing
I'm coming down with a fever
I'm really out to sea
This kettle is boiling over
I think I'm a banana tree
Oh dear, I'm going slightly mad
3rd July 2006 04:14 PM
glencar P, I haven't read all his posts so I can't answer parts of yer post but I think most surveys show women cheat less often than men.
3rd July 2006 04:19 PM
pdog Joey?

3rd July 2006 04:21 PM
glencar How'd he do that?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)