ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza, Sani Siro, Milan - 11st July 2006
© Dave Hogan with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: POC III - ITS ON! Keith in! "CONFIRMED" Return to archive
27th June 2006 05:30 PM
Saint Sway just up on yahoo news.... sorry if this has been posted already.

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/33640474
27th June 2006 05:48 PM
Black and Blue
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
just up on yahoo news.... sorry if this has been posted already.

Im sorry to say but it has been previously posted.... it's still good news though...unless his part is REALLY stupid and just makes him look like a joke...
27th June 2006 05:59 PM
Some Guy "Solitude is a pretty sweet drug, but if you try it< for more than a couple of days, you're an odds- on candidate for the Keith Richards Hall of Fame."
27th June 2006 06:03 PM
Gimme Shelter Keith Richards To Star in 'Pirates III'

06/27/2006 2:00 PM, Yahoo! Music
Dotmusic

Keith Richards will star in the third Pirates Of The Caribbean film, it has been confirmed.

The Rolling Stones legend was scheduled to appear in the imminent second instalment of the movie series, as the father of Johnny Depp's character Captain Jack Sparrow.

However, filming for Dead Man's Chest went ahead without him as the Stones took their Bigger Bang tour around the world.

At a press gathering for the new movie this weekend in Beverly Hills, it was confirmed by producer Jerry Bruckheimer and writer Ted Elliot that Richards will star in the third movie, At World's End.

Bruckheimer, joking about the recent fall from a coconut tree in Fiji was saw Keith undergo brain surgery, said: "I think we worked out some dates, as long as he doesn't fall out of any more trees."

Meanwhile, Elliot commented: "Keith Richards was never intended to be in Pirates II. He is supposed to be in III. Johnny wanted him in but there was just no room in the story in II. But there is in III. According to the press, he's in he's out he's in he's out, I honestly think people made that up."
27th June 2006 07:31 PM
Soldatti Finally we heard the reason for the massive 2007 cancellations.
28th June 2006 01:57 AM
glencar He's "starring"? A cameo is not a starring role.
28th June 2006 02:42 AM
corgi37 Well, maybe they expect him to carry the film?
28th June 2006 02:49 AM
FotiniD Now that's a thrilling piece of news I can't wait to see Keith all dressed up like a pirate. And it suits best for him to appear in the third installment of the movie, makes more sense. Not to mention I love the title and how it suits Keith's theory of uncharted waters (even if it all seems like bogus now with their behavior as of late )

Now bring on the action figure!
28th June 2006 05:52 AM
egon what about the rumor that keef will star in a tour?
any news on that?
28th June 2006 05:58 AM
FotiniD
quote:
egon wrote:
what about the rumor that keef will star in a tour?
any news on that?

Hold on to your tickets and you might see this movie next year
28th June 2006 07:00 AM
Gazza
quote:
egon wrote:
what about the rumor that keef will star in a tour?
any news on that?

nope...we're getting a tribute band with Johnny Depp on guitar next summer instead!
4th July 2006 07:23 PM
Poplar
I think someone mentioned this at a junket today (July 4) - because it's all over the wires, MSNBC mentioned it, etc...
4th July 2006 09:20 PM
Gimme Shelter Keith Richards may appear in third "Pirates" film
Tuesday July 4 1:28 PM ET

Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards looks set to play Johnny Depp's father in the third "Pirates of the Caribbean" film, a fitting role for the man upon whom the American actor based his character Jack Sparrow.

"We're all looking forward to the idea of Keith coming in and doing a cameo and it's looking very, very good," Depp told reporters on Tuesday, the day after "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dean Man's Chest," the second film in the franchise, had its London premiere.

"The one thing is you just never say it's definite until, for me, the guy steps on the set and the cameras are rolling, but it's certainly something I'd be excited about," the 43-year-old added.

Depp won his first Oscar nomination for his portrayal of Captain Jack in "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl," the first in the lucrative Walt Disney Co series that earned $654 million in worldwide box office receipts.

The movie database IMDb lists Richards in the cast of the third Pirates film due to be released in 2007, although the rocker's London publicist could not be reached for comment.

Richards, 62, is currently preparing to resume touring having suffered a head injury after reportedly falling from a palm tree while on holiday in Fiji.

Orlando Bloom, who stars alongside Depp in the film, referred to the incident on Tuesday, saying he would love to see Richards play the role, before adding: "Well, if he doesn't kill himself falling out of a coconut tree."

The Rolling Stones are due to begin their European tour on July 11 in Milan, several weeks after the original opening night in Barcelona in May.

[Edited by Gimme Shelter]
4th July 2006 11:21 PM
Lethargy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
just up on yahoo news.... sorry if this has been posted already.

The same news was posted about POC TWO (2), and nothing came of it. I would bet my money on Keith never appearing in this, or any other movie, EVER. Even more pathetic is that apparently (unsubstantiated - just based on what I read), is that for the obscenely wealthy Keith, it was about not being paid enough.
5th July 2006 02:58 AM
pdog This story is getting posted alot, every fucking stones board!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)