ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Hi to Suzanne and Isabella!!
Jaz Beach, Budva, Montenegro - 9th July 2007
© Vijesti with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Let's come together Return to archive
3rd July 2007 03:55 PM
Europe Come to Europe boyz and girlz, come to us and let's really come together:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koRlFnBlDH0

3rd July 2007 03:56 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Europe wrote:
Come to Europe boyz and girlz, come to us and let's really come together:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koRlFnBlDH0

Ticket sales have been dreadful and for the most part, the crowds have not had much life. Sadly, I shall not be heading across the pond this summer.
3rd July 2007 03:57 PM
glencar Gazza said the crowds in Spain showed up late but it looked sold out. You are wrong, as always!
3rd July 2007 04:00 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Gazza said the crowds in Spain showed up late but it looked sold out. You are wrong, as always!

not one registered sell out in Europe! Reviews on Rocks Off of the Spain show tells of a bored and quiet crowd!

Be careful at the beach, and watch those meters!

ie: See below for a sample of empty seats in the back:

[Edited by voodoopug]
3rd July 2007 04:03 PM
pdog
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

tells of a bored and quiet crowd!

Phish?
3rd July 2007 04:22 PM
Dan
quote:
Europe wrote:
Come to Europe boyz and girlz, come to us and let's really come together:

Europe? Is this The Final Countdown?
3rd July 2007 04:26 PM
Gazza
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

not one registered sell out in Europe!

Wrong. A few shows are sold out. Slane sold out in two hours. 60,000 tickets.

quote:
Reviews on Rocks Off of the Spain show tells of a bored and quiet crowd!

"The" Spain show? One Spain show! Check the reviews of the others. Madrid was the best crowd I've ever seen at a Stones concert in the nine countries in which I've seen them
[Edited by Gazza]
3rd July 2007 04:31 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Wrong. A few shows are sold out. Slane sold out in two hours. 60,000 tickets.

"The" Spain show? One Spain show! Check the reviews of the others. Madrid was the best crowd I've ever seen at a Stones concert in the nine countries in which I've seen them
[Edited by Gazza]

I was very happy when the stones were over here last fall as well....looking back (and hearing the boots), it was just being "caught up in the moment". Keith has had far too many "moments of ineptitude" so far this leg for it to go down in history as the greatest tour ever.

I'm glad you are having a good time, enjoy the shows for what they are, Fun, and not as profitable as in times past (see: US/Mexico shows)
3rd July 2007 04:54 PM
Gazza
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
I'm glad you are having a good time, enjoy the shows for what they are, Fun, and not as profitable as in times past (see: US/Mexico shows)

why should the "profitability" of a show be of any relevance to my enjoyment of it? I'm a fan of the Stones, not their bloody bank manager.

By that yardstick, I shouldnt have bothered going to the Astoria or Shepherds Bush shows!
3rd July 2007 05:00 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

why should the "profitability" of a show be of any relevance to my enjoyment of it? I'm a fan of the Stones, not their bloody bank manager.

By that yardstick, I shouldn't have bothered going to the Astoria or Shepherds Bush shows!

Due to my profession, I am inevitably drawn to the financial side of the Stones tour as it mixes my "real life" work with my favorite band. This is similar to local or aspiring musicians who are interested in what type of instruments or tunings the band uses.

The Astoria gig was profitable because the "three shows in one city" concept was original and ultimately helped sell tickets to the declining stadium audiences and produced a concept that made the stones Millions with an innovate idea for a DVD package.
3rd July 2007 05:01 PM
mojoman
quote:
pdog wrote:

Phish?

sweaty&trippy
3rd July 2007 05:02 PM
voodoopug
quote:
mojoman wrote:

sweaty&trippy

I dislike Phish
3rd July 2007 05:22 PM
Some Guy
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Due to my profession, I am inevitably drawn to the financial side of the Stones tour as it mixes my "real life" work with my favorite band. This is similar to local or aspiring musicians who are interested in what type of instruments or tunings the band uses.

The Astoria gig was profitable because the "three shows in one city" concept was original and ultimately helped sell tickets to the declining stadium audiences and produced a concept that made the stones Millions with an innovate idea for a DVD package.

postin above the rim?
3rd July 2007 05:23 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

postin above the rim?

necessary to win gross
3rd July 2007 05:25 PM
Some Guy Lonely at the Tarp.
3rd July 2007 05:29 PM
mojoman A BIGGER TARP
3rd July 2007 05:33 PM
albert
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Ticket sales have been dreadful and for the most part, the crowds have not had much life. Sadly, I shall not be heading across the pond this summer.

boring.........................please don't come to europe

gr,
Albert
Holland
3rd July 2007 06:06 PM
WJ Damn, I though this thread would be about something else.

Would be one hell of a way to kick off the holiday.
3rd July 2007 06:10 PM
gypsy
quote:
WJ wrote:
Damn, I though this thread would be about something else.

Would be one hell of a way to kick off the holiday.

Yeah, me too. Still, we could PM each other simultaneously, at, like 7PM Central Time.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)