ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Hi to Suzanne and Isabella!!
Jaz Beach, Budva, Montenegro - 9th July 2007
© Vijesti with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Start me up on B to main? Return to archive
3rd July 2007 09:27 AM
akula I think it would be pretty awesome if they played SMU while B stage is moving back to the main stage. However, we would need a new opener.. Satisfaction?
3rd July 2007 11:47 AM
Dan
quote:
akula wrote:
I think it would be pretty awesome if they played SMU while B stage is moving back to the main stage. However, we would need a new opener.. Satisfaction?

I think Start Me Up or YGMR works best as opener only because those are tough songs to "ruin" while the soundman is still tweaking the mix. A lot of songs like JJF or SFM look good on paper but there have been times in person where it was totally underwhelming because the sound was way too off.
3rd July 2007 11:54 AM
Joey
quote:
akula wrote:
I think it would be pretty awesome if they played SMU while B stage is moving back to the main stage. However, we would need a new opener.. Satisfaction?

You raise a very salient and interesting point there akula .....................

I too have often felt an electrical charge , yet a sensate & exalted flow whilst witnessing ....................... WAIT !!!!!!!

|
|
V

******** END TRANSMISSION *********
3rd July 2007 03:10 PM
glencar Start Me Up as the B-stage...ends? Odd!
3rd July 2007 03:23 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Start Me Up as the B-stage...ends? Odd!

That is your farewell post? Brush up a bit whilst on vacation as "just getting by" just doesn't suit you.
3rd July 2007 03:37 PM
glencar I am time-limited as I'm also packing. And I might squeeze out some sparks tomorrow morning if you ask politely.
3rd July 2007 03:54 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
I am time-limited as I'm also packing. And I might squeeze out some sparks tomorrow morning if you ask politely.

I understand the rush in packing...happens to me all the time. Sadly, I will not be posting tomorrow as I will be taking the Mrs. and the kids to my parents house to grill Steaks and take the kids to the large park near their house.
3rd July 2007 03:58 PM
glencar Happy 4th!
3rd July 2007 03:59 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Happy 4th!

and to you to my baby Blue!!
3rd July 2007 09:40 PM
erbissell I think it would be cool if they did an acoustic version of sympathy for the devil on the b stage, without all the bling normally associated with the song. mick origionally wrote it on acoustic.
3rd July 2007 09:45 PM
Throwaway How about ... opening with more than 3 songs for an entire tour?? Since the opener is a warhorse, this would also allow them to mix up the warhorse-heavy area that includes the b-stage/encores.
4th July 2007 02:07 PM
bilsim I agree. What I think the stones need to do is really think about the setlists being virtually identical with the exception of a few songs hear and there. I'd be quite happy not to see all the warhorses again. JJF, IORR, YGMR, SMU Brown Sugar, Satisfaction have all been done to death. I would keep tumbling dice because it's a favourite and YCAGWYW is a good sing along for the crowd. Other than that though, I'd like to see a serious change in the set lists before the lads get to the o2, despite knowing it's unlikely, we can always dream.
4th July 2007 03:15 PM
pdog the b-stage is fucking d-list!
4th July 2007 03:15 PM
pdog the b-stage is fucking d-list!
4th July 2007 05:39 PM
Ronnie Richards How about ditching SMU altogether?

They should open with Heartbreaker!!
Yes!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)